What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

It's the CLUBS not the GROWERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
If I can grow 1 top shelf plant I can grow 10. If I can grow 10 I can grow 100. If I can grow 100 I can grow 1000.

Give me time, space, money, freedom, it can be done.

There is nothing special about my ability to water and harvest a plant. NOTHING special. You are not some special plant whisperer. You just like plants. You spend time with plants. You're willing to dedicate your time to their health.

Congratulations if you get paid well for it.

The fact remains, if the shit wasn't illegal it would be dirt cheap.

How much does a pound of MJ cost in Afghanistan? How much does a pound of opium cost? Its freaking dirt freaking cheap. And they got the bomb.

Without the legal restraint, that shit would FLOOD the WORLD market for the LOW.

D

decarboxylator

"economy of scale, in economics, the relationship between the size of a plant or industry and the lowest possible cost of a product. When a factory increases output, a reduction in the average cost of a product is usually obtained. This reduction is known as economy of scale. Increased labour supply, better specialization, improved technology, and discovery of new resources or better implementation of existing ones all can increase output and lead to economy of scale. Conversely, diseconomy of scale can result when an increase in output causes the average cost to increase."

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
If I can grow 1 top shelf plant I can grow 10. If I can grow 10 I can grow 100. If I can grow 100 I can grow 1000.

There is nothing special about my ability to water and harvest a plant. NOTHING special. You are not some special plant whisperer. You just like plants. You spend time with plants. You're willing to dedicate your time to their health.

Congratulations if you get paid well for it.

How much does a pound of MJ cost in Afghanistan? How much does a pound of opium cost? Its freaking dirt freaking cheap. And they got the bomb.

Without the legal restraint, that shit would FLOOD the WORLD market for the LOW.

bad example there...
far from legal in afg ;)

i think DB will be taking you to task for stating opinion as fact here?

you continue to ignore the FACT of increased costs enumerated above in a legl market.
also (dis)economics of scale render this statement ludicrous.
dont forget 'bout them PG&E nutes ;)

D

decarboxylator

Hey, might as well ask for superman to do your trim for free with that wishlist ;) But seriously. "If I can grow one..." that's a false extrapolation. It's not/never will be that easy or simple.

Dirt costs me about $50 for a truck. So that is somewhat of an exaggeration. But I get your point. Outdoor will be cheaper, but still not "dirt cheap" for primo. Someone has to grow it and trim it, package it, pay "the man" their cut, transpotation to retail, retail's tax ect. This "tax from the man" part is why Dag thinks the expense would not decrease, just shift. Correct me if I have misunderstood.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
If it were legal it still wouldnt be "dirt cheap". Sorry to burst your bubble. Your comparing a highly demonized drug like all of a sudden one day we will wake up and it will be no different then tomatoes or turnips...

In a legal market your going to see all sorts of excise taxes, regulations, liscensing fees and permit costs which will get hit on the end user.

Even if it did get to such a point that it was dirt cheap, it wouldnt last long, because the majority of people in this industry are only doing it for the money, if the money isn't there, they wont bother to continue with it, thus dropping the supply end.

In a legal market will prices still see 350-450 per ounce at retail? Maybe. A bottle of good liquor is about 25-60 at the store, but if you goto a bar or night club that same bottle is sold for $300-600.

You can look at Arizona, who has implemented a medical system, but is forcing the majority of patients to purchase from cannabis dispensaries with the no grow within 25 miles of an establishment clause.

Has prohibition raised the price above what it would be in a market that has never been controlled by absolute illegality, of course. But even if prohibition is lifted, it won't lift the stigma of 80 years of illegality, meaning just because its legal, it wont be like tomatoes. There will still be age limits, regulations, liscensing, etc. etc.

Not to mention, well I might as well mention since blue dot believes growing 1 plant is the same as growing 10000 or 100000 plants, it takes alot of time and effort and care to produce high quality marijuana and only someone who has never done it would think its so easy. Hell trimming it alone is a massive endeavor, not to mention keeping perfect enviorments, constantly keeping ph and ec in their proper measurements, keeping out infestations and disease, constantly creating cuttings, transplanting, etc. etc.

Obviously growing cannabis isn't quantam physics, but it's a little bit more complicated then just watering dirt and bringing product to market....

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Here's a good idea. When it's legal...

(which it is but our major proponent of legality doesn't post pics due to bust...)

open a bar and sell weed by the toke

maybe one could get some of that good congac...:D

BUSINESS HOURS
5:00PM - 5:15PM

Or, one could open a D.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
“There are several generations of people up here who are good at one thing--growing pot. Now no one seems to want their product, and they don’t have anything else to do,” said Anna Hamilton, an activist and radio personality who helped organize a series of public forums on the future of the marijuana industry in Northern California.
http://bit.ly/9wbalm

One would think that several generations would figure it out.

They did... supply and demand.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Dag thinks the expense would not decrease, just shift. Correct me if I have misunderstood.
given the cost prohibitive nature of the regulatory constraints that would be placed on the "sin" that would be demon reefer?
looking at the current fiscally punitive nature of trying to curb "sins" now.
if the u.s. was to either break treaty with the u.n. or convince the u.n. to recall the mandate that WE brought to council that requires all signatories to continue prohibition,i could see a scenario wherein the cost goes up.

no one here has attempted to refute that production costs WILL increase with legalization (regulatory fees and taxes), so if the increase in price(minuscule as it may be) due to the aforementioned prohibition were eradicated the question becomes will the increase due to legalization be greater than the decrease due to the same?

since the inverse relationship between prohibitory status and price is not evidenced in the fifteen states(and DC.) who have "legalized" medicinal use(you would expect to see some evidence of market shift)or the others who have decriminalized simple possession. one can only deduce that the inverse relationship is not as significant as some would opine.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
no one here has attempted to refute that production costs WILL increase with legalization (regulatory fees and taxes), so if the increase in price(minuscule as it may be) due to the aforementioned prohibition were eradicated the question becomes will the increase due to legalization be greater than the decrease due to the same?

You should put that in your sig.

Here's your shift...

The clubs at Santa Ana, CA are clustered around each other like herpes. They are killing each other with their low prices. They do $10g for top shelf, $200 oz...WOW, its amazingly cheap. But it can be cheaper. Imagine $1 gram? woooooweeee!!!!

Lol, looks like the twenty to thirty percent net profit are going moot. Supply and demand hits wholesale and aggregates to retail.

It'll be interesting to see the most-certain high price perspectives in another 6 months.

must diversify if you're counting on the big bucks

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Edit: DoobieDuck TOU Violation.

Blueberry Headband = $325.00
as well as 25 +/- other strains...
thats up to date as of today.
but timmy said so?
cmon DB step up yer game...

Last edited by a moderator:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
it is pulled from their site..
even if it is an ad..
so?

it looks a whole lot like the striation in santa anna is more about quality.
sure you can get a $200.00 oz.
you can probably even find a $200.00 LB too.
wanna smoke it?

ghostly

Out here on the Left Coast, we almost have more herb than smokers, and we got alot of smokers.
East coasters... please come get some of this green! you have more people than God knows what to do with.

market equilibrium through free movement, like NAFTA.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
i dunno man...

I was getting ounces of OG for $200 until the supply ran out.

guy was happy to let it go that low

If that guy could put out an ad on Craiglist, or Fox11, or in the newspaper, or High Times, or on ICmag that he had that stuff all day for the low...

And his customers were anyone over the age of 18...

And his customers didn't have to "register" with a "doctor" and "pay" to be a "member" of a "quasi-illegal" group...

And he didn't have to worry about going to prison for selling his product...

I think the price could go PRETTY LOW.

Hands down, you are just a tight ass...that does not want to pay for what you get-- That is cool...my Dad was like that...he HATED that gas went up to 50 cents a gal..and that his house payment went to $160 a month!!
There are too many "if's" in you scenario-- It just doesn't work--
Grow your own, or STFU...and buy other ppl's weed--:tiphat:

ghostly

amen

amen

Hands down, you are just a tight ass...that does not want to pay for what you get-- That is cool...my Dad was like that...he HATED that gas went up to 50 cents a gal..and that his house payment went to $160 a month!!
There are too many "if's" in you scenario-- It just doesn't work--
Grow your own, or STFU...and buy other ppl's weed--:tiphat:

STFU.. love it.

up here, patients think that they should get the "moral patient discount" or "im entitles because i have a recommendation" BS

i will give freebies to super sick folks all day, but not scrubbs!

zbenjii

lol? some people still don't get it.
http://www.priceofweed.com/
is it just a coincidence that the price of marijuana is significantly lower in states that allow just medical marijuana(not even full legalization)?

you are fooling yourself if you think legal consequences do not matter. In countries with very harsh criminal punishments, prices tend to be ridiculously high.. is that just a coincidence too? yeah.. legalization = lower prices for the same or better quality. And not just a little bit lower.. like hella lower.

the current market environment doesn't matter. it's the environment in the future. What will the market look like in a year, 2 years, or 5 years. If more states legalize marijuana, the price will drop further. If a state on the east coast legalizes it, the prices in California will drop very significantly within a few short months.

Status
Not open for further replies.