What's new

It's the CLUBS not the GROWERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I just smoked a bowl of Afghani with some Budder on it with my son...got a 32 of High Life to wash it down....thinkin' this Stoner is gonna crash hard!! lol
Peace to all my friends here..gonna browse for a min, then I'm out--:tiphat:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
in a "legal" market i postulize you will see retail prices rise.
growers:
ATFE(M) regulations and inspections cost money
DWM regs and inspections cost money
meeting with OSHA standards cost money
pay roll taxes
individual mandate insurance
workers comp
DEP
the list of NEW costs for growers goes on and on
Retail outlets:
all the same cost increases(except for maybe DEP)
not forgetting legacy costs for unionized labor(production probably moving to the cotton belt for this and other varied reasons)
limited number of pot licenses (going with the alcohol model) at 200k-500k(who knows really) with annual renewals
then there are legal costs (as with liquor stores)
liability insurance (mandated for most businesses)
teamsters will want in on the shipping,there is a new middle man involved.
"sin" tax like liquor or tobacco.

all these new costs and prices will go down?
seems a bit unrealistic.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
I hate to admit it, but just as a matter of interest to myself and another, we took two strains, one that was far better then another and priced them reversed to see what it is that people really went for when purchasing their medication.

Was it price that drove the sale, or was it the presentation of buying the "best of the best"?

We took (lets call it strain x so we dont step toes) which was the higher quality of the two and we priced it at 13-gram/40-8th/75-1/4oz.

Then we took (again i dont want to put any names out, so lets just call it strain z) which was the lower quality strain and we priced it at 25-gram/75-8th/130-1/4oz.

Same amount of product. Priced reveresed. Both Sold and presented in the same manner by employees unbeknowst to our experiment.

Any of you care to venture which strain sold out first?

Well if people paid more for the lower quality stuff I dunno why you would even bother growing the better stuff for less.

If its so legal in California to grow and sell, then how come YOU aren't growing 100lbs on the side of the freeway?

You don't know how? Come on, this is ICmag, you got everything you need.

Come on Dag and BigHerb, lets see your fields of 100s of lbs of MJ.

vta

Veteran
Blue Dot...say it isn't so!!! lmao

picture.php

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Come on Dag and BigHerb, lets see your fields of 100s of lbs of MJ.

1) I never said it was legal in CA. Here we are 15 years after 215 and still can't make heads nor tails in a gray market, whereas other states like Az and Co have established growing permits and medical dispensary liscensed

2) I don't want to be eddy lepp

TruthOrLie

Veteran
1) I never said it was legal in CA. Here we are 15 years after 215 and still can't make heads nor tails in a gray market, whereas other states like Az and Co have established growing permits and medical dispensary liscensed

2) I don't want to be eddy lepp

I forgot his name. Yea, Mr. Eddy Lepp.

PLUS.

You can't have firearms and grow.

You basically are left hanging with your balls out on cold day.

Why don't people run in liquor stores, banks, jewelers?

They're scared of getting shot or busted.

Fools ripping off MJ and MMJ are not so scared of getting busted or shot because they know about the legal grey area and also the fact that most MJ folks know about elevated firearm risks.

The consumer concedes, okay, you incur _________ cost by growing MJ so I will pay $XXXX

If the consumer knows that you know longer have to risk ________ they would not be so willing to pay $XXXX

_________ could be spider mites, a new bulb, robbery, raid, fines, loss of property, eq, etc.

The consumer doesn't want to deal with _________ so they pay $XXXX

Remove some items from ___________ and they will not pay $XXXX

You growers thinking that the majority of your $XXXX comes from your skills and not the grey areas of MJ and MMJ are TRIPPING.

Growers have some ______ costs. And clubs have some ______costs.

Growers and clubs share some ______.

How much does a grower pay into the clubs rent/retail space, how much does the club pay into the growers grow/cultivation space?

Is the grower living with the plants, or is it a warehouse solely for production?

Once these ???? get streamlined into an efficient quality product the $$$$ goes down.

MJ and MMJ production is so INEFFICIENT and there is so much variation in QUALITY that the consumer is FORCED to pay INFLATED prices to insure they don't get ripped off. And they still do. Its just an acceptable rip off, for now.

R

rick shaw

Truth or lie,your choice of name is a Fruedian slip,also known as a parapraxis. In your post's you state that you can't grow enough to take care of your needs. In other posts you state that you sling to "friends that steal lobsters".
What is the true story. Do you buy from clubs or growers or the black market or the green market.
How can you have an opinion on this thread when you don't have overgrow.
Inquiring minds want answers.

R

rick shaw

Or how he expects prices to drop with all the added costs of a "legal" market?
Bingo. The prices that people have been paying are the market rate,it may go up or down,but the market rate won't change more then 20%.
Look at dispensaries,do they charge less then the market rate. No they don't. Their excuse is to keep it off the black market.
Same for myself I use the market rate and drop it 20%.I look like the nice guy.
:blowbubbles:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Are you being serious? You really think the price is that high because people think thats a fair price?

No disrespect man. I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Oh to be young and idealistic. To quote one of my favorite shows ever

"Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it"(Snoop from The Wire)

It's irrelevant what people think is fair, or that you think you or they deserve. Or that you think capitalism is bad. I'll tell you this. You wouldn't have that Volcano you love so much if this was not a capitalist world. I know those guys personally and can tell you that neither of them smoke(not much anyway) and both are in it for the money. I personally have no issue with that, because they make an amazing product, which has definitely improved my quality of life.

Also I know how much they cost to make and let me tell you, unless you have my connection or a super wholesale account with them. You probably over paid. Why not cry for all the people overpaying on those. New Cars, Homes, Diamonds, Clothing. The list goes on and on. Your issue seems to be with people making a buck.

So in response to the question.

It's both the clubs and growers. However the clubs are probably clearing more than the growers. At the end of the day I don't care. I focus on what I'm doing.

Here's my Vape. My friend calls it Darth Vader. I call it my baby.
picture.php

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
So how much money do you have in a plant?
Not counting your time or risk. Or that you paid 5k for a clone

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Truth or lie,your choice of name is a Fruedian slip,also known as a parapraxis. In your post's you state that you can't grow enough to take care of your needs. In other posts you state that you sling to "friends that steal lobsters".
What is the true story. Do you buy from clubs or growers or the black market or the green market.
How can you have an opinion on this thread when you don't have overgrow.
Inquiring minds want answers.

I don't know where you drew the conclusion I "sling" to "friends that steal lobsters".

That friend never bought weed from me. Sometimes he'd offer to drop on it, but I would refuse.

He was a "Friend" not a "Customer" if you know how to distinguish?

I'm not exactly sure how "legal" MJ would incur "extra" costs...

my age is irrelevant. and I'm almost 10 years old than you would assume.

Diamonds are difficult to acquire.

Diamonds are a natural resource.

MJ is difficult to grow. MJ is more difficult to sell (safely).

MJ is a natural resource.

Remove the "Difficult" from the equation, the price goes down.

When is the last time you built your own car? The frame? The combustion engine?

What is a stubbed thumb or a lacerated arm worth to you?

What if the engine lift falls on you and cripples your body? What is that worth?

Risk = reward.

You remove risk. You remove reward.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
No disrespect man. I couldn't help but laugh when I read this. Oh to be young and idealistic. To quote one of my favorite shows ever

"Deserve ain't got nothing to do with it"(Snoop from The Wire)

It's irrelevant what people think is fair, or that you think you or they deserve. Or that you think capitalism is bad. I'll tell you this. You wouldn't have that Volcano you love so much if this was not a capitalist world. I know those guys personally and can tell you that neither of them smoke(not much anyway) and both are in it for the money. I personally have no issue with that, because they make an amazing product, which has definitely improved my quality of life.

Also I know how much they cost to make and let me tell you, unless you have my connection or a super wholesale account with them. You probably over paid. Why not cry for all the people overpaying on those. New Cars, Homes, Diamonds, Clothing. The list goes on and on. Your issue seems to be with people making a buck.

So in response to the question.

It's both the clubs and growers. However the clubs are probably clearing more than the growers. At the end of the day I don't care. I focus on what I'm doing.

Here's my Vape. My friend calls it Darth Vader. I call it my baby.
picture.php

I bought my Volcano, including taxes and shipping (overnight) for less than $550.

The guy at the smoke shop wanted $750 for the same thing because he claimed "Storz & Bickel had 75,000 units seized"

Hmm... legal steps in... price goes up...

EDIT: Sweet Volcano btw

TruthOrLie

Veteran
You guys do know there are millions if not billions or trillions of diamonds hoarded by greedy individuals and multinational corporations and the price of diamonds is artificially inflated right?

The price is so artificially inflated that people in Africa are willing to chop off the limbs of women and children who don't mine the diamonds for them to sell on the black market.

So I guess you could say my life (or a year of it) is worth a handful of blood diamonds from Africa, if half that.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
so hundreds of thousands of dollars per year (if not millions), whether it come from blood diamonds or big ass sacks of weed.

interesting how that factors into absolutely none of your cost analysis in regards to current risks.

legalization is awesome and I would have loved to see it decades ago, but it ain't here yet. Sorry bud, felonies ain't free.

Status
Not open for further replies.