What's new

It's not just your Grandfather's Synthetic Marijuana anymore.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I wanted to do an update on this post because recently I've tried the full range of this particular pre-rolled product. It comes in multiple flavors and I have not tried all the flavors but there are three varieties of the product, Indica, Sativa and Hybrid. Now the one I first tried and based my initial post on was the Hybrid. At the time I was pretty impressed with the result. Now that I waited a month and then tried the other two types (Indica and Sativa) I think my first reaction was due more to the fact I hadn't gotten high in over 4 years then because of how good it was. I'm not saying it's bad but it's nothing really to get excited about. It remains as a relatively safe alternative for someone really wanting to catch a buzz but can't find any real weed and/or they don't have access to legalized weed. Now I do have a couple more observations about this product. First off they do a fair job of trying to give it a legitimate taste and smell of weed but after having tried all three types each with a different flavor I can tell now that basically you're just smoking hemp that has been processed into some ground powder like form. There's a undertone of smoking just leaves. Another observation is that they do a fair job of trying to get it to have the Sativa, Indica and Hybrid effects that one would expect but given that the part of it that get's you high is processed from Hemp I'm guessing they're adding something to the formula to give you those strain specific effects. One final observation, at least for me, is this stuff cost a little less then $7 a pre-roll. Which wouldn't be a bad price for real weed but since this isn't real weed and it doesn't give you quite as satisfying a high as real weed it's a bit on the expensive side if you ask me. I don't regret spending what I did just for trying it as a novelty but I doubt I'll be buying any more at that price.

Now I think I mentioned this before but just to make sure it's covered I'll say it again. I did some research and discovered that this stuff will cause a dirty urine so don't think this stuff will let you beat a piss test. Piss tests can't distinguish between Delta 8 and Delta 9 THC, it just detects the THC and shows positive for that.

In spite of my overall impression I still say this is a reasonable option for someone desperate to get high, it's certainly safe then the older form of Synthetic marijuana that was made with something akin to bath salts. So in that respect it's safe not going to turn you into a flesh eating zombie. Unfortunately it's not going to do all that much else for you. If you can't find anything else and you really need to catch a buzz this is okay, but just okay. Also since it's unregulated and the process by which the synthesize the Delta 8 THC isn't fully understood and tested, it may still be risky to use on a regular basis.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
$7 a pre-roll? it's $15 here...more if they drizzle the outside with the oil they make. takes 4 or 5 days to finish one though. getting old, it seems. going to try some THC-O i've been gifted by a Generous Soul on here. i've been told by GS and others that it works at helping to relieve pain and "promote" sleep, and i'm all for both of those.:comfort:

HempKat

Veteran
$7 a pre-roll? it's $15 here...more if they drizzle the outside with the oil they make. takes 4 or 5 days to finish one though. getting old, it seems. going to try some THC-O i've been gifted by a Generous Soul on here. i've been told by GS and others that it works at helping to relieve pain and "promote" sleep, and i'm all for both of those.:comfort:
I myself didn't experience any pain relief but then again I use Kratom for pain and it's pretty effective so it could potentially mask any benefit this stuff provides. I did read some testimonials from others who claim they did receive pain relief. I could see where the Indica variety could help one sleep although when I smoked the Indica pre-roll I was actively engaged in something that required my attention and that tends to counteract any sleepiness a joint of any kind might produce. $15? Wow, that's too expensive, if this stuff cost that much here I would have passed on ever trying it.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I myself didn't experience any pain relief but then again I use Kratom for pain and it's pretty effective so it could potentially mask any benefit this stuff provides. I did read some testimonials from others who claim they did receive pain relief. I could see where the Indica variety could help one sleep although when I smoked the Indica pre-roll I was actively engaged in something that required my attention and that tends to counteract any sleepiness a joint of any kind might produce. $15? Wow, that's too expensive, if this stuff cost that much here I would have passed on ever trying it.
yes, too expensive...but LEGAL here. so far, anyway.:shucks: tomorrow is another day though. i try to keep a partial pre-roll in my ashtray in case i'm stopped by LEO. "it smells like marijuana in here!" "yup, i've been smoking THIS..." i keep the tube it comes in, the receipt, all of it. camo, just like the occasional cigar i smoke half-way down for odor control.

Reactions: Gry

Green Squall

shit in town those guys would just park the van street side, and start huffing paint , cops busted em 3or 4 times back in the early 70's.ther claim was every thing was dry,no smoke.
Just read about two FIFTH graders who were huffing paint before school and threatened a teacher. I mean, what the fuck. I didn't even know what that shit was at that age.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
shit in town those guys would just park the van street side, and start huffing paint , cops busted em 3or 4 times back in the early 70's.ther claim was every thing was dry,no smoke.
desperate times bring on desperate measures. watched a guy LIGHT glue & try nose-hitting the smoke once. I dried and smoked mistletoe leaves once with a buddy. he read someplace it had a narcotic effect. he was right, but it was NOT fun at all...:shucks:

HempKat

Veteran
desperate times bring on desperate measures. watched a guy LIGHT glue & try nose-hitting the smoke once. I dried and smoked mistletoe leaves once with a buddy. he read someplace it had a narcotic effect. he was right, but it was NOT fun at all...:shucks:
People do all sorts of crazy stuff when they are desperate. One summer I was working as a cook in a hotel restaurant in Ocean City. It was a fairly small hotel and the restaurant didn't get much business so it was me and this one other cook who did all the cooking. Anyway he was a few years older then me and was clearly somewhat damaged from doing too much PCP over the years. When he couldn't get his favorite drug he would take Parsley, spray it down with that non stick spray grease called Pam. Then he would dry it in the oven at a low temp and he swore it got him off like PCP. I never tried it myself but I seriously doubt his high was much more then his imagination.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕
The proces of making this is called isomerisation. It's nothing new of converting CBD to THC (delta-8). I belief it was the first printed into the '70's book called Cannabis Alchemy by D.Gold.

You can download a legal copy of the book here.
(Another chapter you might be interested in is the part about THC-acetate /THC-O in this book)

Here are also some articles that are written by Graywolf about the subject.

More info about the process can be found on Google

Edit: I added the PDF to this post

Attachments

• Cannabis Alchemy - The-Art-of-Modern-Hash-Making.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
gave the THC-O a try the other day. comes 2 gummies to a pack, so a bud & i split a pack for starters. it came on quicker than anticipated, like 10 minutes after eating it. went quite well with a few cold beers & a doob of real weed. glad i was out & about doing this; i could see where doing it at the house in your recliner might lead to excessive television & potato chip intake... my next test will be taking 2 on my own, and burning a hogleg while trout fishing.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Brown paper bags or plastic bags will work better for you, @Cuddles.
I heard that from the big kids around the corner.
;)
had an acquaintance when young that regularly stole a solvent from his job. huff that stuff for 5 or 6 seconds, and trip out for two or three minutes. total paralysis and really colorful hallucinations...haven't seen him since high school, prob dead by now...:whistling:

Cuddles

When I was still at junior school we were warned about drugs and there was some info about sniffing glue and that it it made you feel funny etc. and that it´s really bad for you...
so naturally, being naughty I tried it out with a friend. Trouble was we didn´t know how it was done but tried this and that but nothing happened, lol . We just gave up thinking: this is stupid... they lied to us!! :oops: :D .
Only thing we had up our noses really was the smell of adhesive :p
Never bothered with such kinda crap again....EVER.
Besides the smell of pot burning is soooooooo much nicer ;)

Cuddles

Hey, @Cuddles, do you ever see Speedy the Flying Snail? I wonder how he/she is doing.
no idea at all I´m afraid. :(
He went to the top, did some partying and I have no idea if he´s still up there or what. Maybe he got so stoned and jumped thinking he had super powers or maybe he´s moved onto the next building ... ????

buzzmobile

Veteran
You have to turn that frown upside down, @Cuddles. I have too believe Speedy is flying free unless he fell victim to an snail kite.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
You have to turn that frown upside down, @Cuddles. I have too believe Speedy is flying free unless he fell victim to an snail kite.
do they have those in England? i thought they were in the Everglades...sounds like a hell of a trip to eat just one snail...:biggrin:

Cuddles

I don´t think those live over here. Not in a large city anyway ;)
he could have been eaten by some other bird or animal though...?

Latest posts

Latest posts