What's new

Is this weed safe to smoke? And, I need to pour out my heart to you guys also...

G

guest86120975

I used to actually be able to get really good brick weed back in the day.. really clean, green, minty and earthy.. Had the same dealer for years and it was always the same. Nugs or worrying about growing were never necessary with that sort of quality at $100/oz! Reminded me of outdoor weed I smoked in northern California. Which reminds me, I am stuck here right now because I can't just up and ditch my family. I just had a baby boy the year before last with my girlfriend and that's one very HUGE reason I can't have plants, because what if I was raided when they were visiting? To put them through that stress, and, not to mention that right there would probably add, well, who knows how long onto my sentence. We both want to move to Sonoma County in California, but we're still about 5 years off from that. It's complicated, but the good news it we came up with the idea of moving together and it's not me trying to drag her into the idea. Leaving all our family behind will be the hardest part, no doubt about it. How do you guys who moved cross country deal with leaving your family behind? I just don't know how to deal with that, but I guess I will when the right time comes. To be honest, I'm not sure I could fully justify that sort of extreme move ONLY for weed, but the fact that northern California is far more in line with my state of mind, politics, etc. Oh and the weather is supremely nice...there are many reasons I'd like to break the bond and ensure that my descendants will grow up in a better place than the Southeast.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
How do you guys who moved cross country deal with leaving your family behind? I just don't know how to deal with that, but I guess I will when the right time comes. To be honest, I'm not sure I could fully justify that sort of extreme move ONLY for weed, but the fact that northern California is far more in line with my state of mind, politics, etc. Oh and the weather is supremely nice...there are many reasons I'd like to break the bond and ensure that my descendants will grow up in a better place than the Southeast. -Maybe4sure.

It has been tough being so far from my family, I'm not gonna lie. My parent's are back in VA, and my sister recently moved from Philly to San Francisco. I miss them a lot. But they have all come out to visit just in the past few months; it's tough for me to make it back to VA to visit them though, (partly b/c of the med thing.)

But, I do get lonely here, not knowing anyone, (aside from my 'importer'); I miss having a girlfriend to confide in and hang out with. Given our 'lifestyle', I would probably be pretty reluctant to invite someone over anyways. Thankfully I have IC to help fill some of that need. :)

And as far as reasons for moving go, you perfectly summed up most of my reasons for moving: not only is the weather better, it's less humid, which is really good for my medical conditions; even if winter is tough; and my new living situation is nearly stress-free, which has also had a huge impact on my health. Plus, I just feel more at home here...While the town I am near, is extremely conservative, (tea party central), the majority of the state is progressive and open minded. Although, I have noticed there is a lot of xenophobia in both CA and CO, with regard to out-of-staters moving in. (Just for the record: I was born here, so that makes me, technically, a 'native'! lol.)

Thanks for letting me express some of my feelings here. :) For some reason, it helps to "share" this stuff...it's strangely cathartic, but it makes me feel like such a girl, lol.

I hope this finds you well, Maybe4Sure.
:wave:

PS: Did you decide to give the water cure a try??

crazybear

I also live east of colorado & my options are the same as yours including the ten year penalty for growing one PLANT, but I feel the same as a lot of the other posters, grow your own!!!!!!!!!!:plant grow:
And they come for me they will have to pry the PLANTS from my cold dead hands!:laughing:

G

guest86120975

Well everyone, I've been thinking about it for a few days...I still don't know, even if I do this water cure thing, it will still suck regardless. I guess maybe I could throw a gram in a cup of water to see what happens, what do you think? I'm starting to think maybe I'm just destined to toss my quarter of schwag out and just suffer from increased symptoms without any herb.

G

Guest 88950

im in Fl so i know what you are facing. for me i traded one risk for another b/c i go through 2+ oz month and anything over 20gms is a felony here.

i had to buy misdemeanor amounts multiple times per month and on separate occasions b/c a MM amount of Cannabis in multiple baggies = poss. w/intent sell (felony). my other option was buying larger felony amounts each month. cultivation is a felony and as long as i stay under 25 plants i avoid minimum mandatory jail time.

check your laws to see if you have rights like Fl has. we dont have any medical laws but we are Now allowed to argue a Medical Necessity Defense and the Fl Supreme Court will overturn a conviction of cultivation / poss cann. but you must meet certain criteria.

RudeDog

Veteran
Hey mate......Don't want to piss you off or owt like that, but that weed looks like the sprayed shit we get in the UK.

Does it crunch between your teeth?

If the ash is hard when you smoke it, it's been sprayed with something.

If I was you, I'd tell no one and grow enough to get you by.

Big up man....Hope everything pans out the way you want.

Dudesome

Veteran
Hey mate......Don't want to piss you off or owt like that, but that weed looks like the sprayed shit we get in the UK.

Does it crunch between your teeth?

If the ash is hard when you smoke it, it's been sprayed with something.

If I was you, I'd tell no one and grow enough to get you by.

Big up man....Hope everything pans out the way you want.

exactly the problem the whole europe is experiencing. those street dealers have not shame and no taste for culture. they will hairspray the weed to enhace weight. rediculous. and the ashes are hard indeed afterwards

G

guest86120975

Ohhhhhhhhh man, years ago I used to get this chemmy hydro stuff that burns down to a certain degree and then turns into a black chunky tar looking stuff, it won't burn past a certain point and it leaves the bowl like 1/4 unfinished. It gives a very weird/intense unnatural high that lasts about 30 minutes. That what you're talking about? That stuff did something funny to my head that I don't think has yet gone away. It's like walking around breathing a slight amount of nitrous oxide 24/7

This stuff I have right now burns to a clean white ash, though, it just takes like pure ass, and smells like a tire shop when it burns.

Dudesome

Veteran
there are dozens kinds of stuff ppl put in their weed.... I heard ppl dissolve gunpowder in water (or some shit like that) just to spray that water on weed to make it like 3 times heavier or so... couple of folks died because that weed cut their lungs in Sweden I heard... but most common thing to spray is hairspray.... the weed then sparkles when you smoke it and doesnt burn well... never again ..... yuck... so be careful to buy from Gambian, FakeJamaican, Somalian mofos dealing them dimebags on them streets of europe...

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
You'd throw it out before even trying to water cure it or make hash oil or water hash? If you actually feel like you need it, the decision doesn't make too much sense. You can read directions all over this site (and the internet, for that matter) how to water cure, make hash oil, or water hash.

If taste and smell are the issues........water curing is most likely your solution. Someone already told you that though, so I'll shutup now.

S

Scrappy-doo

Most people here take the risk, so without reading the replies I can guess what most people are gonna say.

I'll say the same. Go for it!!! Read up on stealthy micro grows and build one. Don't skimp on security and you should be just fine.

You need this for medical reasons dude you gotta make sure you're getting quality meds.

Good luck man.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
ante up! the pots right and cards are fallin'!

sorry you live in Florida. best of luck with your plans getting to Sonoma county, beautiful place that...oh yes, sorry for your ill health too.

if you plan staying there another 5 yrs. and don't want to have to consume that 'smuggled in a tire' ass tastin', throat burnin', no indica-feeling bad mad bogus bunk that you actually pay for again and again, then consider growing...quietly.

good advice twice given is still good advice.

G

guest86120975

Well I don't live in Florida, much worse than that... and I hear you guys loud and clear, and I know there are plenty of people who quietly micro grow where I live and I have huge respect for them, but I might as well fess up that it's not a risk I can take. It would literally mean risking my life and eternal separation from my family which means more than anything to me. I guess if anyone reads this is actually is taking that risk in a place like I live, they'll get mad at me when they read this...but I would die in prison, literally die due to my medical issues and the huge stress that would cause.

I keep secretly hoping that Sativex (liquid marijuana extract) would hurry up and be FDA approved because my doctor said that he'd read up on it and find out the best way to prescribe it for me when it comes out (he told me off the record that he believes marijuana would help me)....even though I have my doubts that it will be as effective, almost anything would be better than this...at least I would know it's safe, and I won't go to jail for 10 years over it.

MIway

Veteran
I thought Florida was the worst...?

It's really, really, really hard for someone to discover a 1k grow... assuming you go about it correctly from the start & continue to treat it seriously. I mean, it's really hard to get into trouble over this... you have to basically do something to bring it down on yourself. And comparatively, scoring mexi brick weed will likely expose you to more risk as well. The great majority get nicked for possession & use, the super minority for growing.

I'd grow... and just do it smartly.

BTW... we used to get bows of the brick for like 220, back a while ago. I can't imagine the price has gone up... and you could make a bit of BHO, which just might turn out really nice. But you have the risk of scoring... and blowing your eye out...?

Walking across the street is not without risk bro... it's all around us. But I'm not one to live on my knees. ;-)

de145

Is there not a compassion club in your area? I thought they were pretty much everywhere. That would solve your problem entirely.

G

guest86120975

Is there not a compassion club in your area? I thought they were pretty much everywhere. That would solve your problem entirely.

Compassion club? Bro are you serious? I'm in the Southeastern US. The nearest club to me is a church.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude I so wish you were in Cali I would so hook you up....with this

picture.php

or this;

picture.php

I am trying to figure out where is worse than Florida/ Mississipi? Man if you had a friend out of state, maybe you could get someone to mail you some med's? It's been known to happen ...I feel yah sounds like your to freaked out to even do a micro grow, hey so you live in near the woods? Maybe you could just do a guerilla grow, Imean it's SO damn easy....just pick a spot with sunlight and rural (really rural), pack water in, amend the soil, plat a seed or two, wait 4-6 mos blamo U got weed for a long time....but I feel the fear!

I guess all we can do is say a prayer for yah broseph? I know I will.

Sending you positive light and blessings!

G

guest86120975

Alrighty then guys, I'm going to satisfy everyone's curiosity (especially mine) and try a water cure. But, I'm probably gonna compromise here and try it with about a gram first. The only thing is, I don't really have any way to dry it except air dry (sun dry?). I assume that it'll dry much faster than harvested fresh bud. It's been in the bowl for about 12 hours now and hasn't sunk to the bottom yet.

I can't believe I'm really doing this.

AGBeer

TBH a gram might not even be worth the trouble as you are going to lose some mass upon completion/drying.

I would suggest at least a quarter to make it worth your while.