What's new

Is Serious Seeds Kali Mist still good?

B

Brad

kali mist shits on alot of "strains" out there....one of my all time faves 2006 vintage

bigbag

Veteran
agreed, can and does hit 2 lbs/light in 9-10wks... killer daytime smoke and breeds pretty true

moondawg

Kali mist has had 3 different dads but always the same mom. simon believes the current offering is the best yet and if the guy says it, its true. He's not a breeder that puts out a new strain every month and he's careful about his changes. He is aware of the best qaulities of kali and has assured they remain in any father change he makes.

I have real doubts about any claims that its a skunk cross. Ive only grown it once and its mostly equatorial sativa with just enough indica to bring down the flowering time( which is still considerable, 12 wks) and increase the yields a bit.

The proof is in the smoke. Burn a big fattie with some friends and the word "indica" wont come up in converstion.

I

Iron_Lion

From what I read, Kali Mist is the same genetics as SSH, Western Winds, etc. A three-way hybrid of Skunk #1 - NL (#?) - and Haze. So From seed the phenotypical variety would vary.. But, one "should" get similar phenotypes from any of these Strains.

That is entirely not true, this quote came directly from Claude from Serious.

High,

Just to clarify the Kali Mist lineage:

The genetics of Kali Mist come from Cambodia, Colombia, Mexico and Africa.

Respect
Claude

B

BubbaHaze

I have no experience with the older version of Kali Mist but I can tell you that the SS kali mist beans I got 2 years ago were exactly what I was looking for. Energizing, positive and social high, clear, slightly euphoric, potent and long lasting with zero sleepy come down. Mine smells like lavender and spice when it grows and cures up to a lemon grass and spice type aroma. I'm a sativa guy and it's the best sativa I've smoked to date.

Kali at around 100 days:

[URL=http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4000/6890z.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5718/6898.jpg]View Image[/URL]

I suppose it's all about selection but my girl has bud sites that fill in all the way to the bottom of the plant with these airy, wispy flowers. Considering the poor flower density, which should be expected with these far leaning sativas, she actually yields pretty well.

[URL=http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/5048/6925.jpg]View Image[/URL]

[URL=http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3827/6709.jpg]View Image[/URL]

Incredible buds and photos. Very nice!:biggrin:

sneaky_g

I'm day 6 i just popped 10 kali's from serious seeds. Order arrived in about 3 weeks to the states..

Is Kali mist a strain that I could top a few times, and possibly lolipop / SCROG? I'm in a tent, and i'd like to set up a PVC scrog for the females that i end up keeping.. What do you guys think?

big twinn

Veteran
I have been waiting to try this variatal for a long time. Currently I have 2 Kali mist x Indiana original bubblegum plants in early flower with very sativa slender leafs. Looking forward to the cross.
Cheers,
-BT

Homebrewer

Veteran
I'm day 6 i just popped 10 kali's from serious seeds. Order arrived in about 3 weeks to the states..

Is Kali mist a strain that I could top a few times, and possibly lolipop / SCROG? I'm in a tent, and i'd like to set up a PVC scrog for the females that i end up keeping.. What do you guys think?

IMO, it depends on the characteristics of your kali pheno. She can be a leggy broad and while topping once works to increase lower branch growth, topping multiple times only seems to slow the vertical stretch of the topped branch.

SCROG seems to work best with bushy strains and IME, none of my kali beans yielded anything close to 'bushy'.

The plant below is not kali mist but it grows in a similar manner with a few main growth shoots growing as high as you'll let them. Often times I'll top mine again in flower at week 4 or so just to control the height. Kali is by no means unmanageable, she just might need some pruning depending on your environmental restrictions.

If I had a tent, I think the best way to maximize efficiency would be smaller plants and lots of them (SOG?).

picture.php

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Couldn't agree more Big City!

Ran Kali Mist around '96-97, it was a real bitch to control, pure sativa, yield was so so, buds were very light and fluffy but the smoke was awesome.

Picked up 15 seeds about 8-9 yrs ago to try it again and I've run it every year since then (still have beans left). Albeit it has a little more indica influence than the early version, but you can still find 'very' sativa leaning phenos, and the smoke is still unmistakably Kali (even the indica leaning ones). It has a really nice exotic sandalwood/incense taste and real good 'up' high. Don't know what the newest version is like? Funny thing, I've grown tired of the rest of Simon's 'original' strains, but not this one, it's a 'staple in my stable'!

While I agree there's some 'better' sativas floating about, Kali is still a great puff, is a lot easier to grow and manage than a lot of them and yields fairly well. Two more weeks and I'll be trimming another. Hope this helps.

BM

Attachments

• Kali_10wks.jpg
    Kali_10wks.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 23

sneaky_g

IMO, it depends on the characteristics of your kali pheno. She can be a leggy broad and while topping once works to increase lower branch growth, topping multiple times only seems to slow the vertical stretch of the topped branch.

SCROG seems to work best with bushy strains and IME, none of my kali beans yielded anything close to 'bushy'.

If I had a tent, I think the best way to maximize efficiency would be smaller plants and lots of them (SOG?).

View Image

I bought a 10 pack of seeds from serious seeds for 75 bucks, so without mothering all of them i wouldn' tbe able to cut enough clones to do a SOG.. and in this grow i'm staying within my legal limit so that might not work.

What about LSTing her? or transplanting at an angle? in the dirt when u move up to a bigger pot. right now my 10 are in beer cups still.

sneaky_g

The best Kali mist i used to fuck with was back in 2006, it was very heady and had the sweetest auroma. 1 nug would light a room up with dankness.. fruity candy type.. light green on the outside with veins of light shades of purple when you crack a nug.. Primo primo indoor going for 1100 a QP.

Homebrewer

Veteran
What about LSTing her? or transplanting at an angle? in the dirt when u move up to a bigger pot. right now my 10 are in beer cups still.

Thanks for reminding me. From seed, I tied my girls down to the tomato cages that they were growing in which controlled the height really well. The only issue I had with that was that it produced lots of bud sites which never really filled in with any kind of desirable density, even for a sativa. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting density, but these days I'll trim off all but about 15-20 total budsites on the plant which allows the remaining flowers to plump up as much as the genetics allow. It still results in the airy, low density flowers that you'd expect, but all the flowers are top notch, not just the ones at the top. Hope that makes sense.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Thanks for reminding me. From seed, I tied my girls down to the tomato cages that they were growing in which controlled the height really well. The only issue I had with that was that it produced lots of bud sites which never really filled in with any kind of desirable density, even for a sativa. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't expecting density, but these days I'll trim off all but about 15-20 total budsites on the plant which allows the remaining flowers to plump up as much as the genetics allow. It still results in the airy, low density flowers that you'd expect, but all the flowers are top notch, not just the ones at the top. Hope that makes sense.

I supercrop the shit out of mine, pinch and bend, pinch and bend, pinch and...can 'usually' keep her under 5' without too much grief.

BM

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Kali (indica pheno) Harvest

Kali (indica pheno) Harvest

Cut this one a couple of weeks back. Smell is awesome as usual and it's smoking great already, another couple of weeks and she'll be real tasty. :rasta:
Love this stuff.

Peace
BM

Attachments

• Kali2.jpg
    Kali2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Kali3.jpg
    Kali3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Kali4.jpg
    Kali4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Kali5.jpg
    Kali5.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 16

there goes edro

Veteran
Okay, seeing that most people are still happy with Kali Mist would you perfer to grow Kali Mist or Greenhouse seeds Super Lemon Haze? Just wondering.

Bud_Man10

Veteran
While I do like the SLH, I prefer Kali. Love the taste and has a better 'all around' buzz. Great head stash! :)
Can't really see me growing SLH for nearly a decade...maybe I'll be wrong, but probably not.

Peace
BM

Attachments

• Kali6.jpg
    Kali6.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 7