What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is Nevilles Haze still the strongest haze?

JKD

Veteran
I've been growing indoors for about 10 or so years, but have only grown three hazes/haze hybrids in that time, of which I kept for a long time:

Jack Herer haziest pheno from 2 packs.
Then, SSH haziest pheno from two packs, which was supplanted by Nevilles Haze - again the most potent from two packs.

I moved and lost my mothers.

In terms of potency and quality of high, Nevilles Haze was by far the superior strain.

Now, after growing SDIBL since they were first released, I've decided I want to get back into the hazes.

So, the question I have for haze growers is:

If focussing ONLY on the power and quality of the high - which SEEDBANK (no clone onlys please) has the best HAZE these days?

Thanks for any help...

JKD

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've heard Tom Hills haze is killer. I'd like to pick some up the next time they release it.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's a quote from Tom about his Haze:

"Hi GitT,

I am familiar with most all current Original Haze offerings. To be fair though, some I have not looked at very extensively. However, none have been able to move me near as much as this old Sam line via Posi. My selections have focused on high-quality resin production, and imo this line is the Haze resin-queen.

Occasionally the typical armchair Haze expert will come along and inform me that my line is a Haze hybrid due to the occasional broader leaf - exactly like the drawings of the Thai seedling in the opening pages of Clarkes MJ Botany. It all falls on deaf ears though.

When I am requesting a clean-up on isle 9 due to my mind being split open, or am afraid to drive my car high on a decent sample (4 hours after smoking it) - all perspective is put in its proper place.

I'm almost afraid to release it, tehee, some of you will get so noided-out that you will shitcan your current IC accounts only to return a few weeks later under new handles after the Haze clears.

My friend CBF has been growing my Haze stock for years, and I don't think he'll part ways with it anytime soon. Here are a few pics from him.

This plant is my holy grail, by far, nothing can touch it."

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
JKD - If a nice head + haze = what you want try Legend's Johnny Blaze (neville's haze x dj's bb dad). Short of that maybe Ace's or Tom's haze.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
I grew Tom's haze many many moons ago, if you can find the right pheno she is headtwisting eye-opening potent potent erbs... Many don't have patience for gangly sativas, but to hell with them because true herbalists know where the high grade is mon... One Love JAH Bless :rasta:

W

weshjo

So, the question I have for haze growers is:

If focussing ONLY on the power and quality of the high - which SEEDBANK (no clone onlys please) has the best HAZE these days?

Thanks for any help...

JKD

Easy one MNS:booked:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
Zamal x Nevils Haze can be even more psychedelic than pure nevils ime :)

but sure not easy to find a match for a good nevils mum, there are some hybrids that many would call stronger f.e. the amnesia haze i'm growing (or ojds sssdh cut), but imho those ones can't be compared - too much indica ;)

i would suggest to try and find a nice zamal cross or search for stable Asian genetics - f.e. heard good things about mama thai, or the thai tanic (this one i already tried grown from a friend, taste wasn't special - not bad either, but very nice high)

also have a look into the sativa offers of cannabiogen and ace seeds... the destroyer f.e. is a 75% meo thai and carries its name for a reason :D (i tried both the thai and the mexican pheno, liked them both very much)... ace also has a malawi x meo thai hybrid (golden tiger) which is devastingly strong - although i would prefer destroyer because of the taste ;)

there are so many nice sativas out there, the ones i named are just a very few....

good luck in finding your special sativa mum :)

oh yeah a good kali mist pheno also is very strong and there are some very nice tastes to be found with kali... (just bought 2 packs for the next round to do a selection, together with western winds)

greetz

you might wanna check out Mango haze from shanti at MNS whos also got the real nevilles and SSH and a few other mixed hazes like skunkxhaze.
Also, Kiwi/dampkrings seeds of mexican and ocean 12 haze suppose to be killer and yeh Tom Hill haze sounds the business as well.

Im gonna go for mango haze myself and maybe mexican haze.

eugenegreen

herbalist
Veteran
I've never grown Shantibaba's Mango Haze, but some folks round here (east coasf sucka) whose thoughts about her I really respect, have nothing but the utmost regards for Shanti's Mango Haze.. Check CF's threads... It's on my radar of things to purchase once available at sbay/boo, hopefully... Oh and hopefully the price can come down too:D It's over a hundo at most places, not a good look.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
i would also go for the mango haze....there are some sooo great phenos to find...or one of the newers xx from MNS...u cant go wrong

A

alpinestar

nope, it never was. pure haze (like oldtimers haze, flying dutchmen haze, or toms haze) was the strongest and still is.
But nevilles haze is very tasty and potent stuff.

the others are unavailable, but flying dutchmen original haze is still around at the boutique

love?

nope, it never was. pure haze (like oldtimers haze, flying dutchmen haze, or toms haze) was the strongest and still is.

the others are unavailable, but flying dutchmen original haze is still around at the boutique
From what I've gathered the problem with the pure hazes that are available now is that to get exceptional smoke you will have to go through fair amount of individuals. Therefore someone looking for the strongest haze might indeed want to go with Neville's Haze which should be more consistent. This way they won't have to use a lot of time and space going through the not so good ones...

Not sure if it is the strongest of the haze hybrids as something such as SSSDH might be more potent when measuring amounts of active ingridients but the difference with Neville's Haze is that it's genetically very haze-dominant (almost pure). It's the haziest haze hybrid of a company specializing in haze hybrids after all. ;)

C

Cinderella99

"...From what I've gathered the problem with the pure hazes that are available now is that to get exceptional smoke you will have to go through fair amount of individuals. Therefore someone looking for the strongest haze might indeed want to go with Neville's Haze which should be more consistent. This way they won't have to use a lot of time and space going through the not so good ones..."

IMO most of the people pursuing a pure haze are chasing an elusive dream... Even if all can agree on a "pure haze" touchstone, between the difficulty in growing/ bringing out the best of said "pure haze" for most growers combined with the numbers you have to go through-- it's never been stable-- the probability of accessing a "pure haze" is minimal. Great haze hybrids are where it's at as the selection has already been done for you and "pure haze" seems to need an indica counterpoint/hybrid vigor (take Sam's) to bring "its" best out anyways...

D

Dalaihempy

Funny thing is ot1 is not even haze as in from the guys called the haze brothers i dont know how you can call something haze if its even in ot1s wards a line that came before haze was developed.

Heres the thing from what i know sams haze is diffrent to the haze used by neville and now mr nice toms haze comeing from posi is not 100/% haze but a x like nh or ssh from the research i did and tfd is sed to be pure but how many of you have infact grown old school sativas like thia or others and grown diffrent haze hybrids to honestly know what your talking about it seams most just jump in and say this or that and in most cases have not even grown a haze hybrid to know.

Now if were going to be up front and honest wich in short i think it is way over due in this community if you were to grow pure haze indoors do you lot realise that not only would they take well over 10 weeks to sex and would need well over 20 weeks to finish the harvested product would look like complet shit being airy leafy like flowers there lies the reson why haze is and always will be a line that needs to be breed with something other to be not only grown indoors but to be grown out doors as few places could even grow a pure haze line out doors.

I havent grown toms line but would as it looks like a nice line would i try tfd not any more as like sinsi things must of changed there and as for ot1s well no out of principal becouse i hate liers and thats not directed at ace seeds they i respect others i dont.

If you have not tryed NH my advice is try a well selected plant i would bet that the next move most would be makeing is finding orthentic NH f1 seeds its not for every one but if you like sativas then this lines a must.

But saying that a well breed 50% haze line like ssh mangohaze shithaze skunkhaze nlhaze so on is also something people should explore not only will you find very haze expresive plants but with selection and luck you can find plants that can come in very fast for what it is and yield huge carring a cross the haze high.

Also a line worth adding is kalimist what i grew suprised me and is worthy of a place next to any good haze line that strain still suprise me from clone looks like an every day dutch hybrid i wouldnt give it a secound look if i walked past it yet you smoke it and well expect a shoke like smokeing the best old school thia credit to simon and the work that went into its creation.

C

Cinderella99

That's a really good point, Dalai...That most or a surprising amount of the haze high, but with a better yield, can be carried across with a good hybrid. You should know better than I , Dalai, but I'd venture to bet that if you chose the right hybrid and the right mother, you hit 90% of the haze high, just with a much more practical package. So, are "pure hazes" obsolete for the masses?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres the thing from what i know sams haze is diffrent to the haze used by neville and now mr nice toms haze comeing from posi is not 100/% haze but a x like nh or ssh

WTF??
did you learn that from your good friend JessE??
ho ho ho!!