What's new

Is Legalizing Weed Obama's Secret Weapon?

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only way it would happen is if big pharma and the big alcohol giants get it gift wrapped for them. I think we will start seeing cities and counties having their own laws about it. I could see Portland basically legalizing it. Hell everyone is using a vape pen everywhere I go these days. This city knows it owes a lot to marijuana. The cops are told not to do anything about it because it is one of our biggest exports. Literally tons of money is brought into this state that without marijuana never would. Soon they will see the tax options and won't be able to stop themselves. This is a poor state, we don't have CA's debt, but we also don't have their population.

I see herb bars in less that 2 years here. Of course on the books it will still be illegal though.

I always thought portland was like the real a-dam of the west. not oakland.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Here is an article that brings up an interesting speculation:

Is Legalizing Weed Obama's Secret Weapon?

Could President Obama's love of power lead him take a position that we would favor?

It is obvious from his actions that he won't push for legalization simply because it is the right thing to do.

As it dawns on him that he is likely to lose to Mitt Romney this fall, his desperation may push him to court our vote in important swing states like Colorado and Ohio.

It would please me if we were suddenly the deciding vote. President Obama has laughed at us, dismissed and ignored us, and generally treated us like shit. I would love to see him come begging for votes!

The pot vote isn't going to go to Romney anyway, so all that would do is alienate more of his moderate fans.

Obama has clearly stated he would never favor or introduce legislation to legalize marijuana. He has stated this both in the US and overseas. He has mentioned he is open to debate, but this is typical politician routine, on every article or speech he has done he has proclaimed opposition to legalization.