What's new

Is Legalizing Weed Obama's Secret Weapon?

mofeta

Veteran
Here is an article that brings up an interesting speculation:

Could President Obama's love of power lead him take a position that we would favor?

It is obvious from his actions that he won't push for legalization simply because it is the right thing to do.

As it dawns on him that he is likely to lose to Mitt Romney this fall, his desperation may push him to court our vote in important swing states like Colorado and Ohio.

It would please me if we were suddenly the deciding vote. President Obama has laughed at us, dismissed and ignored us, and generally treated us like shit. I would love to see him come begging for votes!

i got the biggest smile on my face picturing the caricature(big ears) version of obama literally kissing our(stoners) feet/ass...

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
Well, all it took before was the promise that he wouldn't go after medical patients.......

Maybe this time he'll promise to consider legalization.

Fool me once.......

igrowone

Veteran
if it's a secret, it's about the best kept one i've ever seen
interesting that Colorado is on the edge, that could be an incentive
but any good politician, AKA weasel, knows they can flip and get some votes if they have a slick enough way of spinning it

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
This whole thing is a fantasy in my humble opinion. There is not one single politician that thinks pot legalization deserves more than a millisecond of consideration. Personally, I don't think that Mitt has a chance.. he's a 3 time loser.. funny that the Republican party could not come up with someone better than a 3 time loser. I'm not a historian, nor do I claim to know this for sure, but has there ever been anyone that has run for president 3 times and lost, then been elected on the 4th run at it?

mgk :thinking:

T

TribalSeeds

LOL and the only people bad enough to lose a race against romney already lost to him. That guy is almost as big of a joke as palin for vp

igrowone

Veteran
the interesting part here is i see the Colorado prop seems to have some momentum
it's hard to come in like they did with Prop 19, i.e the DEA promising death and destruction in California if they should dare pass 19
you come in Colorado with those hard ass tactics, you piss people off, and they can't afford to do that, pissed off people vote against you
if nothing else, the Colorado prop may get a softer handling from the Obummer camp

MileHighGuy

Veteran
You can't patent something natural... they'd have to patent a pill version... My fear is they will tell us all to take the pill and shove the plants up our asses....

I'm buying more guns and more seeds!

lob19

Veteran
It is obvious that the promise of full legalization of marijuana is a powerful tool to win young people's votes. But it won't happen cannabis smokers have real impact on the politics.
Do not think that someone who has been against legalization (or at least didn't do anything to help it) will now suddenly change his mind and actually do it.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
lol president obama has been the biggest anti weed president weve had in decades...

mitts a fucking ass hat though. I dont know which is worse.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
all I know is I'll be ultra fucked once coffee & beer become illegal...and sex outta wedlock...ohhh shit better lock me up and throw away the key! lol at least we'll be entitled to own multiple wives j/k!!!

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
Here is an article that brings up an interesting speculation:

As it dawns on him that he is likely to lose to Mitt Romney this fall, his desperation may push him to court our vote in important swing states like Colorado and Ohio.

1. No
2. Potheads don't vote
3. The big swing state this year is pennsylvania. Its goign to come down to jobs and oil, not pot

This whole thing is a fantasy in my humble opinion. There is not one single politician that thinks pot legalization deserves more than a millisecond of consideration.

There are, but the average voter or media thinks they are just kooky

but Big Pharma could patent weed if it was legal. Easy profit.

They can't, the government already owns it

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507.html
Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

Patent 6630507 Issued on October 7, 2003. Estimated Expiration Date: February 2, 2021.

Abstract
Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH3, and COCH3. ##STR1##

peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts