What's new

Is Legalizing Weed Obama's Secret Weapon?

you are right
raiding homes,seizing property and imprisoning people is not very important when there are politics to be considered.
n.i.m.b.y. nice

they all do.
it is their job.
the executive directs implementation of law that legislators enact and judges scrutinize against the framework.
its how government works.
case in point being yesterday's directive.

I'm sure your representatives are reading your posts right now, going, "man this dagnabit guy is on to something".. get politically active, get realistic... or just call obama and tell him whats up im sure your bitter sentiments will go over well... raids, property seizures all that are part of the game, im sure you knew when you got in... take responsibility for your actions.. laws are laws.... you can complain about it or do something about it.. the choice is yours.. i think i have a feeling of which way you'll go... goodluck waiting on your directive ha

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
I'm sure your representatives are reading your posts right now, going, "man this dagnabit guy is on to something"..
hopefully my letters,visits,dollars,votes and when needed protest is a bit more effective?
get politically active,
truly not sure how much moreso i could be aside for running for office but a convicted felon(albeit with clemency)with a questionable past aint gonna get far there.
get realistic...
ohhh i am
or just call obama and tell him whats up im sure your bitter sentiments will go over well...
only if i worked for goldman.
i hold no illusions about Obama giving a shit about the will of the people or the plight of the common man. i just point out he has the ability to help but chooses not to do so.
raids, property seizures all that are part of the game, im sure you knew when you got in...
sure i did.
i know them even better now after being a victim of all of the above.
knowing that evil exists somehow makes the evil ok?
take responsibility for your actions.. laws are laws....
your apathy is saddening.
accepting it just because "it's the law"? how far are you willing to go with blind faith?
you can complain about it or do something about it..
in my own way 365/24/7

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
... This after his weasel words of last year:

It's amazing how his position changes so readily when he needs votes.

It's no executive order. If it were, you'd see the president signing his name with the 20 some-odd pens they give away to the peeps who push their respective agendas. Executive orders are law. No law made here, just a comment - "It's the right thing to do."

This is an election season, political rope-a-dope. Jeb said his party needs to moderate on immigration and the president jumped. Pretty smart, eh? Republicans can legally oppose but they'll risk alienating the Hispanic vote.

Besides, you quite probably don't want your weed reform politically triangulated. Congressional law is what keeps the next guy from reforming legalization as easy as flipping a coin.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The illegal aliens thing today was NOT an executive order.
It was an enforcement directive.

The pres does not have to change law to effect change in implementation. He can direct department heads.
This should shut up all those who say the pres has nothing to do with the raids in cali and those who say the pres cant effect change in enforcement

Should have realized you'd equate election year politics to reform.

Another example of non-mandated maneuvering is the president's refusal to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act. The Defense of Marriage Act is still law for the next president who chooses to enforce it, not to mention the numerous judicial challenges that seek to force the president to defend the law.

Obama just knows how to get Republicans over a barrel, especially at election time. We can all thank Jeb for the well-timed gaffe that Republicans need to moderate on immigration.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Should have realized you'd equate election year politics to reform.
to you and me it's just election year politics.
to the poor bastard who was facing ICE and deportation and now is not it is reform.

the neat thing that happens is the people see that the sky doesn't fall when jose gets to stay and real reform modeled after this directive becomes easier to achieve.

good for us. good for jose. bad for bigots.

now apply that to MJ

pres "directs" his jack booted thugs to lay off(even for election year politics)and stops threatening states. the people see that the sky don't fall when DB gets to smoke his herb and real reform becomes that much easier.

think past yourself

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If we manage to elect a president who sincerely wants and intends to implement reform, here's what he's likely to face:

supporters who go to bat for the president and vote in favor

silent supporters who vote in favor

opponents who directly oppose the president and vote against

silent opposition who vote against

Citizens United - unlimited money to polarize public interest vs corporate interest. They'll manage to make it look like neighbor vs neighbor but it'll be closer to rich guy vs everybody else.

That's a lot to consider. And then there's the process which can take a potentially temporary route or something more permanent.

As much as I like to see the LGBT community treated as normal citizens, I'm not sure the president's actions constitute reform.

If the president's actions spur reform I'll reconsider and admit I'm wrong. But it's a potential career ender nobody's been willing to risk, at least up to this point.

Last edited:

demasoni

Looks like everyone here can recognize the old bait n switch. Not like its hard after the first time around.
Dont hold your breath.

Pharma Co. would not have any of it.
2. Why make it legal at fed level when you can let the states sort themselves out as dissidents and enemies of the fed gov. Makes it much easier to know which flies will bite- who to swat first, or "burn" if you will ;)

stc9357

I won't even give this thread a real response I'll do what Obama would do pause................................................................................................................................................................

those silly potheads tricks are for kids.

crazybear

Yeah I knew it was one not sure which one thanks.. I forgot..lol I knew it's pretty sad stuff though as I have had it headband 707:tiphat:

I've never had sativex or marinol I asked for marinol from a pain management, & was treated like I was a doper!
I'm just glad that a pharmaceutical company came out with a medication made from the plant parts, I was hoping that it would finally make people think, so it is the PLANT that cures people, but still the lie persists !!!!!!!! The only thing I can do is get the message out & try & get this changed, before the storm troopers come for me, because I won't be around to do any more good & it will just another one of them doper's that needed taken out stories & how they found so many plants etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tiphat:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wish he would legalize sometimes just so i can hear the GOP reaction on fox. I bet Bill O'Riley's head explodes.

even if he doesn't legalize I secret love him because he pisses off racist white people so bad. He makes them act like children and it is very entertaining to watch. I am a Ron Paul type conservative but this modern GOP as a whole is as bat shit as it is entertaining. I have never seen so many blatant lies made up about a president, and so much disrespect. not to mention all the passive aggressive racist bull shit they pull on him. All this, birther bull shit, secret muslim bull shit. None of it would have ever been said about a white guy, and if you say otherwise then you either don't live in the USA or are one of the fuck tards ruining the right wing with stupid extremism. At least all the horrible shit the idiot democrats said about Bush jr. was true.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I've never had sativex or marinol I asked for marinol from a pain management, & was treated like I was a doper!
I'm just glad that a pharmaceutical company came out with a medication made from the plant parts, I was hoping that it would finally make people think, so it is the PLANT that cures people, but still the lie persists !!!!!!!! The only thing I can do is get the message out & try & get this changed, before the storm troopers come for me, because I won't be around to do any more good & it will just another one of them doper's that needed taken out stories & how they found so many plants etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tiphat:

Trust me when I tell you your not missing much lol.. When you ask for cannabis here in Canada they first give you cannabis in a pill lol.. Thinking this will do the trick.. You take it home and fall asleep on it . ... I gave my pills away I think they came out to $7.00 a pill if I'm not mistaken which I could have done better with joints, and it took along time to get rid of them as no one wanted them lol.. Whenever you ask for any drug here in Canada your treated like an addict which gets very old from these very BAD inexperienced doctors ,like our politicians,,doctors here in Canada SUCK!!. stay safe headband 707:tiphat:

remember that synthetic cannabis is not the same as REAL cannabis not even close.. I would not waste my time or energy trying to get it from my doc. The more you know the sadder it all gets bra lol

igrowone

Veteran
if nothing else, we are seeing an amusing moment
there must be some sense that pro MJ voters in Colorado could be a factor in a very tight race
so BS promises are leaked to whatever news wire that will repeat them
but what to do with the drug warriors who you know must be frothing at the mouth to begin the Colorado disinformation campaign? just like in California
and some questions have been raised about Holder's not yet waving the DEA flag down in Colorado
can someone die from choking on their own lies if they become too contradictory? be funny to watch( i think)

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
the only way it would happen is if big pharma and the big alcohol giants get it gift wrapped for them. I think we will start seeing cities and counties having their own laws about it. I could see Portland basically legalizing it. Hell everyone is using a vape pen everywhere I go these days. This city knows it owes a lot to marijuana. The cops are told not to do anything about it because it is one of our biggest exports. Literally tons of money is brought into this state that without marijuana never would. Soon they will see the tax options and won't be able to stop themselves. This is a poor state, we don't have CA's debt, but we also don't have their population.

I see herb bars in less that 2 years here. Of course on the books it will still be illegal though.

Latest posts

Latest posts