What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it really that complicated?

jd4083

Veteran
With all due respect bipotato, would you mind posting some examples of some of the plants you grew so we can see what a real pot plant looks like? :tiphat:

Raphael

It's pretty complicated when you take into account the vast array of knowledge there is out there. Narrow down how you want to grow...what medium, nute line, strains....etc and master it. Then, when you want to switch your growing methods...figure out what way and master that. Learning about hydro, organic soil, coco and all that at the same time will spin your head. Also, filtering out "bad" information takes time. It just takes time to be a really good grower....and a little money, most of the time.

You bring up an excellent point. With the wide array of growing methodologies, how is a noob supposed to know where to begin? I see folks making their grows terribly complicated and to what end? At the risk of sounding a little self-righteous, I'm so sick of it that just yesterday I transplanted a rooted clone for the sole purpose of starting a thread to show how simple and effective growing can be.

Simon

I agree with miss blunted and Simon, I look forward to another great tutorial from you!

The biggest mistake I ran into was misunderstanding the basic needs and functions of plants. A little time spent reading Lucas and Mel Frank and hell, wikipedia, goes a lot further than any sticky or grow diary in these forums.

If a newbie understands from a scientific point of view how plants get their energy and dispose of their waste, the newbie will have a productive garden.

Cheers!

jd4083

Veteran
If vin marioni posts his first...

Once again, with any and all due respect, seems like you're being a bit petulant without having anything to back that attitude up with. Maybe you could exercise the old adage that "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? Or rather...if you don't have anything to post to support your trolling, don't post? :tiphat: peace

Raphael

With all due respect bipotato, would you mind posting some examples of some of the plants you grew so we can see what a real pot plant looks like? :tiphat:

Oh, and I guess I need to post this before I am allowed to post in this OPEN FORUM.

054.JPG

061.JPG

B

bipotato

jd4083, go dig through my album if you so desire. If you want it in a more digestible format, there are links in my signature.

I just don't feel the need to post it here, really. Why, what for?

Is it me that's trolling, or is it you that can't handle the truth?

B

bipotato

I just now realized this is in the "New Growers" subforum.

The "New Posts" pane got me again.

smokeymacpot

Veteran

i looked in his gallery, i dont see what he grew looking better than what other people grow.

my dads bigger than your dad..............

Growing is simple. Growing quality is hard. It all depends what u want out of it. I'm on a budget and most would laugh at my grow room but i get decent nugs that smoke decent and saves me 80£ a week from a dealer.......

Its the same as anything tbh.....i can paint but i'm no van gough!!!!

vin marioni, it's your turn. Put up or shut up.

put up what? my humility, or my 3 minute seminar on how to grow great pot with just a 3 minute education? i saw your plants in your album, aparently youve already taken the 3 minute coarse, your plants look like you took every last minute of my series on how to grow to heart, stand up an take a bow.

i just noticed, bi potato got banned. lol

dtfsux

Nah, growing is simple. The only thing you have to do is cope with bad water, high and low temps, high humidity, pests of all sorts, security, odor, air circulation, power bills, nutrients, disposing of trash, hiding evidence, trimming, gene selection, nutrient selections, lighting concerns, reservoir maintenance and health, cleaning, foliar spraying, light leaks, sagging branches, re-ordering supplies, and about a hundred other things.

Piece of cake, I'm sure it doesn't cost more than $23.

;)

hes just Lazy :)

Lazy is on a different scale, so obviously he has more work to do.

On a small personal grow, its not hard. You dont have all the issues a commercial grower does with heat, ventilation, etc

BTW I never had bug issues until I started bringing clones in from other sources and I am pretty sure I know who infected me :)

I see some of the posts here, and I truly believe some make it more complicated than need be. Its a hobby for them and they want to tweak, and do this and do that.

You can easily set up a small grow with a light for flowering, and a light for moms, clones, etc and a simple hydro system or soil.

whodair

Veteran
is it complicated ?

is it complicated ?

not if you followe these instructions:

go to seedbay/seedbo, buy the most expensive seeds, those are the best !!

next stop the hydro store, they have everything you need to grow those seeds. just ask them for help !! the clerk that works there pretty much knows everything. he will guide your purchases wisely.

guaranteed

jd4083

Veteran
not if you followe these instructions:

go to seedbay/seedbo, buy the most expensive seeds, those are the best !!

next stop the hydro store, they have everything you need to grow those seeds. just ask them for help !! the clerk that works there pretty much knows everything. he will guide your purchases wisely.

guaranteed

:laughing:

who needs a guide after one of my 3 minute how too tapes? who needs a grow store? who needs to buy the most expensive seed? who is the person inside u that wants to come out and have a sandwich?

Latest posts

Latest posts