What's new

Is it possible to yield close to 1.5 GPW with a 400W HPS?

bendoslendo

No training at all? You likely won't break 200g.

With 4 weeks veg and no training, your 400w HPS won't be able to penetrate to your lower branches.

C

cheesey

i hit between 15oz and 17.5 oz with a 400w in a 1m sq tent . with 2 or 4 plants . lsted and topped at the 5th node .

BrainSellz

Veteran
I believe I read something a couple of years ago that Simon from Serious was getting 1.5 grams per watt out of a 400w. Incredible

ILoveit

Ive decided to try my skills with a vertical scrog using a DIY RDWC system with basic nutes & PK13/14, the C99 will be vegged for 4 weeks. Wish me luck fellas Im going in.

jgrow

that's a good step toward your goal, realistically .8 would be amazing your first run in this system.

B

blueberry dank

5oz from a 400w? if you aint hittin' 10-12oz on a 400w you're doing something wrong.

Whats your tek?Size?..strain..hydro?Details?
a new 400 would get you maybe 5oz thats on a good day

Same to you?

i have seen 500+ grams from a single 400. like 1.2 grams

where?details?pelase

NBG hit a pound under a 400 but he knows his shit. also scrogged with a yeilding strain . I average 8-10 oz per 400

Same to you too please?

i hit between 15oz and 17.5 oz with a 400w in a 1m sq tent . with 2 or 4 plants . lsted and topped at the 5th node .

wow impressive!!all details from you please man!!aaah!!

S

stony2

ability to achieve g/w depends largely on the area you grow in. nobody can reach 1 gpw with a 1000w lamp in a 2x2ft space. but most growers will be able to reach 1gpw with a 400w lamp in a 6x6 space

anyway, why not just use more/stronger lamps if you want to yield more? gpw is for kiddies and most obviously lie about their results anyway

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
why did you fail in soil? its one of the easier ways to grow. i just ran 4 footers under a 400 and didnt come anywhere close to your kinda yeild. i think a SCROG with less plants would definately yeild more under a 400 than bigger plants. i had major light penetration issues some of my lower nugs were pin sized.....fuckin larf.....next run im scrogging, smaller pots, way more, training, and destroying all potential larf sites....

C

cheesey

16oz 20 gram from 4 sour diesel plants with a 400w in coco

a good target to hit with a 400w is between 15 and 17oz i feel thats with 2 ,4,6 plants

Frozenguy

Veteran
16oz 20 gram from 4 sour diesel plants with a 400w in coco

a good target to hit with a 400w is between 15 and 17oz i feel thats with 2 ,4,6 plants

Yeah I would say 1.2gpw is a nice "target" lol.
So have you ever pulled 15 ounces with two plants?

C

cheesey

Yeah I would say 1.2gpw is a nice "target" lol.
So have you ever pulled 15 ounces with two plants?

yes ive pulled 17 and a half oz with 2 plants with a 400w its my highest yeild so far with a 400w

cheese my first eva coco run

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and then i got 17oz 10 grams from 6 psychosis plants

Last edited:

Frozenguy

Veteran
yes ive pulled 17 and a half oz with 2 plants with a 400w its my highest yeild so far with a 400w

cheese my first eva coco run

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and then i got 17oz 10 grams from 6 psychosis plants

You got 17.5 on your first run or that was your highest or both? So 17.5oz from two plants thats essentially 8 oz per plant indoor. Thats great I've never reached 8 ounces from an indoor plant.

Do you have any harvest pictures?

C

cheesey

You got 17.5 on your first run or that was your highest or both? So 17.5oz from two plants thats essentially 8 oz per plant indoor. Thats great I've never reached 8 ounces from an indoor plant.

Do you have any harvest pictures?

highest was from the 2 cheese ... yer theres some photos on ic mag some were .

B

blueberry dank

Cheesey...what nutrients?pot size..space?please gimme more details..thats an amaZing yield..

C

cheesey

Cheesey...what nutrients?pot size..space?please gimme more details..thats an amaZing yield..

canna coco
canna A/B
regen a root
head masta
pk 13/14

11ltr pots

1 m sq budbox

i wont be running the 400w digital no more ive upgraded to a 600w digital and sunsytem super sun 2 air cooled hood .
i will be doing my 1st sog in a cpl of months time ...

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
wow those are some crazy nice grows cheesey! in that pic of your first coco grow..did you move the light up for that pic!?

I

In~Plain~Site

This will not happen and you set your bar way too high. You'll be lucky if you can get 1 gram per watt and even that's pushing it if you don't have strains that you've learned to master yet. There's no way that you're going to get 2 half pound plants with a 400 watt HPS but I would be very happy if you proved me wrong.

I'd even venture to say it would be a 'great day' if he pulled .5 gpw with a 400, but I too would love to be wrong on this one.But what do I know...I'm just a soil grower.

Your best bet is to plan as best you can, then GET GOING and adjust as needed.

Best of luck :yes: