What's new

Is is me or do some growers in Cali actually not want pot legalised??

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I fear that concessions made now will ripple out butterfly effect style on the future.

I must agree that compromise is necessary however.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Oh shit...not this again--
I cannot make my points again, without sounding redundant--
If you don't get it...you don't get it--:tiphat:

simos

(In NorCal up along the coast , as a kid ... you could also just go
out & pick your own magic mushrooms too if u wanted ! )

Lol, gotta love a nice relaxing Amanita muscaria experience. Those fuckers are poisonous, though, so you only want to eat the cap's skin. Psilocybins are safer and much more hallucinogenic, too bad they don't grow among the redwoods. Amanita muscarias aren't likely to kill you, but they could if you really overdid it.

These days when I visit friends in Mendo and we go for hikes I'm on the lookout for delicious chanterelles or shitakes in lieu of the ol fly agraric.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
We're in new territory the way I see it.

People are actually interested in speaking openly about what needs done.

Nobody's pointing fingers or calling names.

I haven't seen a hardline ultimatum over what has to happen.

Speculation without judgement is a new tact as far as this topic goes, it's a new phase for this forum particularly.... one I welcome.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
it should be legal to grow..but illegal for corporations to sell. how about that...

we will rain pollen bombs down on any government sanctioned, big tobacco backed farms with the quickness....

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The drug dealers dont want it 'legalized' ,, that's for sure.

Personally we are fighting for Decriminalization,,, then the dealers, police and money people can do as they like,, just let it be noted that we don't support any of them ,, just as they dont represent us !!!

Many of us are growing to get away from money, shotters, police and bad-life... why reintroduce them and their system back into this thing we the 'ganja growers' have created for ourselves ? They will , as is demonstrated already,, aim to exploit us all ,,, we say **** dem!

Peace n Flowers

"man i'm like Dub - weedless!! Let's do a robbery .. let's get Dealers" [littles]

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is nothing more patriotic than going down to 8th street, and buying a bag from local dude!

Yeah you support the Narco-Dollar everytime you do it! Which is what they want brother/sister. Why not lock us all up in jail for trading a plant on the street corners. Every time you buy a bag,, we support that system.. it's catch 22. And the only control they have only this ...

Q. Why do you think Mexico just 'decriminalized' marijuana ?

peace n flowers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4sljzpBoGQ

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Fuck any drug dealer that would rather see someone rot in prison so they can make money. Fuck drug dealers. Never use 'em. Grow it yourself. Put those loosers out of business!

Barn Owl

I understand the plight of the California grower. They have come up through an illegal system, learned the ropes carefully and at great risk, and now reap great rewards. It's sad that legalization will cause a great tumultuous period of change in the California industry. Most will likely be forced out.

But it's not right to hold the consumer hostage. What you guys in the US charge for weed is ridiculous, and that is born entirely by often poor consumers.

There are many smoke and mirrors arguments against legalization. Walmart-ization leading to only mid-grade weed being available? Come on. While city moves like those of Oakland to enforce a cartel are messed up, you'll always have areas where micro-growers can ply their trade and provide for the present and likely soon to grow demand in high-grade weed.

Weed becoming more harmful (ie cancer-wise) because capitalist agri-farmers use unsafe methods of dealing with their plants? Are you telling me that that doesn't already happen amongst some of the (many) unscrupulous cultivators out there? Are you honestly suggesting that MJ is going to be *more* shady after being thrust into the open?

I really do get the fact that a lot of money is going to dry up though. But growers just need to recognize that this is a period of rapid change and that they need to adapt just as rapidly. What about export to the rest of the states? I imagine that with legalization it will be a lot easier to have a network of microgrowers growing a little extra each to ship out. Or some other diversion tactics. People should start looking toward that and new paradigms for earning money from this plant, as opposed to clinging to the old paradigms of prohibition.

Good post. The California grower will never "own" growing cannabis. It grows itself. I grew very potent cannabis on my first grow, in spite of the mistakes. Make it legal or decriminalized. If it puts those guys out of business, the rest of us will grow potent cannabis, the price will go down and no one will remember those guys...

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
entire regions, cities in nor cal are grower~dependent far more than they know
or anyone can guess at the moment ...be sure the impact will be varied but will be deep impact ...what ever & however such transition takes place .

And in the bigger picture , we/u all had better hope for some economic recovery globally & in the US , which doesn't exactly look like its just around the corner .

uncharted economic times ...

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
We're in new territory the way I see it.

People are actually interested in speaking openly about what needs done.

Nobody's pointing fingers or calling names.

I haven't seen a hardline ultimatum over what has to happen.

Speculation without judgement is a new tact as far as this topic goes, it's a new phase for this forum particularly.... one I welcome.

I got the msg you left me in Rep...I just want to clarify, when I said,
Oh shit...not this again--
I cannot make my points again, without sounding redundant--
If you don't get it...you don't get it--:tiphat:

I was talking about the Prop 19 argument popping back up...as it did yesterday--
IMHO, I agree that we should never stop talking about Legalization, and we should be respectful and tolerant of new ideas--
However, I feel that we need to start on a new slate (Thread)...as this one is cluttered with Prop 19 arguments that will continue to pop up as ppl read the earlier Posts, and comment on them--
I think JJ made the right decision in closing all the Prop 19 Threads...I just feel he slipped by not closing this one--:tiphat:

Barn Owl

entire regions, cities in nor cal are grower~dependent far more than they know
or anyone can guess at the moment ...be sure the impact will be varied but will be deep impact ...what ever & however such transition takes place .

And in the bigger picture , we/u all had better hope for some economic recovery globally & in the US , which doesn't exactly look like its just around the corner .

uncharted economic times ...

The wealth would shift. California's economy would be fine if it were legal. It would just bounce another way. The growers would adapt. I don't care about that. Malke it legal. Stop punishing people over stupidity,

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I was talking about the Prop 19 argument popping back up...as it did yesterday--
IMHO, I agree that we should never stop talking about Legalization, and we should be respectful and tolerant of new ideas--
However, I feel that we need to start on a new slate (Thread)...as this one is cluttered with Prop 19 arguments that will continue to pop up as ppl read the earlier Posts, and comment on them--
I think JJ made the right decision in closing all the Prop 19 Threads...I just feel he slipped by not closing this one--:tiphat:

Hey somebody left the door unlocked....

:yikes:

I smell a trap

:bigeye:

I agree. I would also go as far as to say that even if a new thread was started, it'd go south pretty quickly.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Its a tricky situation because some OG's will be very bitter that they initially took the fall, and the risks to supply pot to the everyday Joe, and they will be damned if some capitalist-douche-bag who could care less about the community (and might even have otherwise snitched you out under prohibition) is going to, if legalized, steal their livelyhood now, risk free, via new legislation and daddy's bank account.

I see no point in arguing, we all only want weed and money, so lets not forget the good times we had along the way. OG's deserve a piece of the profit, and customers deserve options at competitive prices. Its our job to educate our friends in this community to stay far away from dirty corporations, for the sake of loyalty to the men and women who are veterans of this drug war. There is nothing more patriotic than going down to 8th street, and buying a bag from local dude!

I second this motion, and propose we form, here and now, an army of pollen bombers all around the states, and if so, count me in!

Already getting pollen ready lol

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Good post. The California grower will never "own" growing cannabis. It grows itself. I grew very potent cannabis on my first grow, in spite of the mistakes. Make it legal or decriminalized. If it puts those guys out of business, the rest of us will grow potent cannabis, the price will go down and no one will remember those guys...

That's a bold fucked up thing to say that nobody is going to remember the dudes that fought for you to smoke weed! Cali has the best weed in the WORLD been proven time and time again. I'm going to help the consumer when nobody is helping up with gas prices and the cost of living.. It's funny to me all you cry baby's want weed cheaper while everything else is going up makes no sense....