What's new

Is Biobizz a good choice?

exoticrobotic

The measuring of only 6 bottles for just a small amount of water, is already a pain in the ass.

Only 6 bottles? You no understand pain in the ass :spank:

Try organic Yellow bottle nutrients.

It's a truly amazing feed but with 17 bottles you will really start to understand pain in the ass.

crazyben

For small pots, the Bio Heaven is important to keep things moving after they are root bound, at least that's my observation.
I did 100 day Sativas in 2.2 liter pots, just sticking with my chart, which includes all products, and I use EM and myko products in addition.

True, Im growin with 6 or 10 litre pots which gives more tolerance.

GrayZone

For small pots, the Bio Heaven is important to keep things moving after they are root bound, at least that's my observation.

Bio Heaven is bio-heavenly expensive compared to the rest of their products. 1l of grow and bloom cost
less than 500ml of that crap. I don't doubt your observation, just wondering how bad things would get if not using it, in small pots. Are we talking nute deficiency?

GrayZone

ph lockouts and such

Ya, doesn't sound like much fun, especially as I don't have the PH pen. Alright, I'll see what to do. Maybe Canna would do the trick. Their line-up is simpler, apparently.

After learning more about the growing properties of the strain I'm planning to run, I might be switching to SCROG, so I'd used a tad bigger pots(3,4 liter) than for SOG(2,5liter). Guess that doesn't change much in terms of Heaven use.

Btw. thank you for all the useful info Hmong!

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What's your feeding schedule and how much do you cut down from the recommended dosage?
Usually at least half of what BB advices,,,
Sometimes more or a bit less ,,
Strain dependant ,,
1ml per litre in a 10 litre can during veg at the moment ,,OG Diesels S1s and British Petroleum on the go presently✌️.
IMG_5199.jpeg

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Yes I struggle too with led lights and cal/mag

it won't be so easy with that yield etc... if you grow something different every time, it can distort because each strain can have slightly different requirements for nutrients.

organic feeding is alchemy :D
Cal mag on leds come with not incomplete light spectrum. Or slow flow of cal mag ions through plant caused by slow metabolism and colder room/box temps.

GF-Z

Cal mag on leds come with not incomplete light spectrum. Or slow flow of cal mag ions through plant caused by slow metabolism and colder room/box temps.
Exactly...
I had some overwatered, stunted girl Zstrawberry, which was under some cheap led light (growstar s1200 / niellol s1200, thats basically same brand)... Light was stated as 128w power draw, then I put wattmeter it showed 256w ~ .... I was frying poor girl, overwatering it and on top fungus gnats where killing her roots all the time in cold temperatures... And now after 1 month trying to recover her, figuring out I'm out of height for this led light, disconnecting half of board, so it would only draw 120w~, I stepped on another problem: COLD nights, its like 14degrees in night... Starter 12/12 this tortured plant and it cant form a buds... I decided to put heating mat under pot and let it run 24h... Wow in 2 days plant did more than in 1 week...
So having right temperature in root zone with led lights is a biggest problem trying to get decent crop...

Another thing which showed clones is cal/mag deficiency. Which I see obviously in indica dominant strain (GHS money maker), but I dont see it in Zstrawberry clones, which is quite strange (50/50 sativa/indica)...

What would be solution, because there is no possibility to buy "right" cal-mag, thats basically not exist in my country and buying it from growshop vendors is way to risky for this micro grow.
[Question]
What are natural fast release calcium which would buffer soil ph at same time, because it is neutralised peat w/ 15-20% coco coir / 5-10% perlite / 5% worm castings (leftovers).
There is plently isolated chemicals/minerals to choose from, like espom salt, calcium nitrate, potasium phosphate and etc.
Clones will veg for another 3 weeks in 500-700ppfd homemade led light (60w 6500k + 80w 3000k) and will be thrown in 12/12 no matter what... And I really want them to have a decent quallity life during this period =))
T.y. for answers

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Exactly...
I had some overwatered, stunted girl Zstrawberry, which was under some cheap led light (growstar s1200 / niellol s1200, thats basically same brand)... Light was stated as 128w power draw, then I put wattmeter it showed 256w ~ .... I was frying poor girl, overwatering it and on top fungus gnats where killing her roots all the time in cold temperatures... And now after 1 month trying to recover her, figuring out I'm out of height for this led light, disconnecting half of board, so it would only draw 120w~, I stepped on another problem: COLD nights, its like 14degrees in night... Starter 12/12 this tortured plant and it cant form a buds... I decided to put heating mat under pot and let it run 24h... Wow in 2 days plant did more than in 1 week...
So having right temperature in root zone with led lights is a biggest problem trying to get decent crop...

Another thing which showed clones is cal/mag deficiency. Which I see obviously in indica dominant strain (GHS money maker), but I dont see it in Zstrawberry clones, which is quite strange (50/50 sativa/indica)...

What would be solution, because there is no possibility to buy "right" cal-mag, thats basically not exist in my country and buying it from growshop vendors is way to risky for this micro grow.
[Question]
What are natural fast release calcium which would buffer soil ph at same time, because it is neutralised peat w/ 15-20% coco coir / 5-10% perlite / 5% worm castings (leftovers).
There is plently isolated chemicals/minerals to choose from, like espom salt, calcium nitrate, potasium phosphate and etc.
Clones will veg for another 3 weeks in 500-700ppfd homemade led light (60w 6500k + 80w 3000k) and will be thrown in 12/12 no matter what... And I really want them to have a decent quallity life during this period =))
T.y. for answers
There are many things here that need to be changed.
You will grow good crop indoors if you stick few things.
Air humidity around 40-45 in flower.
and room temp around 22-24C.

Just those 2 things if they are constant you will see difference.
And with watering just old school finger method or rise a bit pot if its heavy wait few more days.
Its not rocket science and cannabis is very tought plant it can handle tons of stress.

sublingual

Make your own bottled nutes with dry ferts, it's easy and saves money for things like a pH pen and TDS meter. You're wasting money buying mostly water. Think long-term and get the tools you need or otherwise fly blind (to an extent). Coco will allow you smaller pots and has a great aeration; use it straight with pumice (20%) or make coco the bulk with other media.
Also, do your own research or you will be lead astray by too many voices. Agriculture is a huge field and it helps to learn what they (real farmers) are doing. The only bottled nutes I use is silica, Cal Mag, enzymes, and molasses. You tube has videos how to make your own Cannabis concentrated stock from dry nutes. 120 grams of Epsom, 420 grams main poly nutes, and 240 Cal Nit. in that order. Once you "get it" you won't fall for that sucker's bet of bottled nutes.
There are also specialized nutes for different plant phases such as seedlings (or clones), veg. and sex indication, flowering, and finish. There are dry nutes for those phases too which enables tailoring for specific plant or human needs: indicating sex, extending or hurrying up a plant, or dealing with issues (there are always issues). Anyway, with this method at least you will learn exactly what the plant needs and grow good buds where you will soon find yourself with a plethora of excellent product.
I can't find the link but Kootmeds as a great chart for using Peter's products. If you can't get that brand, don't worry since there are different brands that give the same or close fertilizer value (NPK) where it's easy to mix and match for your application.

GrayZone

@sublingual , that's a good point and if I were that much into growing I'd consider it. But right now, I have too much going on to bother with studying that and I'm not sure there'll be another grow, after this one.

Cerathule

with Biobizz, one should know what the ingredients on each bottle mean and what they do, for best effect.

Bio Heaven is amino acids, which works like steroids for plants, not as easy to produce as base nutrients, therefore very expensive.

ph lockouts and such. It helps to continuously keep nutrients available, as the amino acids create a secondary metabolism in the root zone, helping micros to break up salts and the plant can also absorb them directly for building blocks. This is just a rudimentary explanation, as the soil chemistry involved is very complex and would fill pages.

maybe this helps as a start: https://www.hydrostork.com/ultimate-biobizz-nutrients-guide/

View attachment 18902883

Heaven allows you to used less base nutrients along the grow and cut them out earlier, then starve the soil of any nutrients in the final weeks.
View attachment 18902902
1. Amino Acids are NOT, or do work like, steroids.
2. There are much less-dilute, professional and far cheaper AA products on the market.
3. Bacteria do NOT break up salts.
4. Your plants show a full N-def chlorosis so proof said product doesn't supplement these building blocks in meaningful amounts.

goingrey

Can't make anything out of BioBizz's own material but a site called Hydro Stork had a more understandable explanation:
Ingredients: Biobizz Bio-Heaven is made from organic soya bean extract and contains L-amino acids

What it does:
  • Enhances the absorption (up to 95%) and effects of nutrients.
  • Boosts plants’ antioxidant system and repairs chlorophyll production.
  • Stimulates enzymatic activity.
  • Is a source of carbon for microorganisms in the soil.
  • Improves respiration and moisture retention.

GrayZone

@Hmong , so both Bio Heaven and Hesi's SuperVit are amino acids + other stuff. It seems that amino acids are the key ingredient thou.
So why not use 8 bucks SuperVit amino over 25 bucks organic soya Bio Heaven amino? Thoughts?

I guess you could argue that BH has different or better amino acids, but would that really matter?

Hmong

Veteran
@GrayZone trying out SuperVit with your mircro grow, might be the best idea. You only need the 10ml bottle for the whole thing. Just try it out and give us a report (y)

What is SuperVit made from, petrochemicals?

no that's the wrong stuff for it, Aminos always come from living sources, by way of fermentation.
Animal and plant based waste materials are used for industrial scale.

It's hard to find actual ingredients of grow brands, as 99% of info on the web is just marketing.
I found a EU security certificate though, and that has to have a content analysis for security labeling.
It's only in German, but just use google trans https://www.gbk-shop.de/mediafiles/sicherheitsdatenblaetter/hesi_supervit.pdf

Ingredients in amounts between 0.3200% and 0.0200%:
Amino acids: glutamic acid, glycine, alanine, tyrosine
Vitamins: A, B1, B6, E.

Ingredients in amounts between 0.0200% and 0.0010%:
Amino acids: histidine, leucine, phenylalanine, proline, serine, tryptophan.
Vitamins: B2, B3, B12.

Other ingredients in smaller quantities:
Vitamins B4, B7, B9, B10, B11, B15, C, K.

When it comes to Biobizz, you guys first need to understand what Organic certification implies?
The "good" base materials are just that much more expensive, than like bulk GMO stuff.
Which is in abundance in today's world. So all this investment into product sourcing, certification and marketing, gets priced into the product.

That doesn't mean anything in relation to growing performance, just that the product has all the "good" labels. It's the equivalent of taking a paper bag over plastic at the grocery checkout...
It means nothing, so please stop overthinking this shit.

GrayZone

...trying out SuperVit...

After visiting my local grow shop, talking to the owner, and getting a suggestion from @Hmong to use BioCanna instead of BioBizz, the verdict is here, and it's gonna be BioCanna :D

The owner told me that a lot of people are complaining that BioBizz is thinner than before and the quality dropped. As both brands' bottles are transparent, I compared both and BioCanna is waaayyy thicker. BioBizz seems like water vs syrup(BioCanna). Pricewise it's the same ballpark. I still can grab a small SuperVit bottle for that amino-jazz and that should work fine.

Good info there in that German document!

It means nothing, so please stop overthinking this shit.

I'm not concerned about all that "it's healthier" thing. Life is a deadly thing, there are no survivors.
I like bio cos I don't have a PH pen, that's all:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts