What's new

Is Biobizz a good choice?

GrayZone

I know Biobizz has been around for decades, and I'm sure they're good, but before I buy it it would be good to hear your experience with Biobizz.

Is Biobizz the best organic bottled stuff, or is there anything better, like Canna, Hesi...?
I heard their feeding chart is off the charts, some recommend cutting that down in half..?

For context; planning to get their light mix soil, grow, bloom and top-max, for a micro SOG grow.
Other available options in the shop are Canna/BioCanna, Hesi, Atami, Guanokalong, Advanced Nutrients, and Plagron.

So, what's the popular vote? Yay or nay for Biobizz?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I know Biobizz has been around for decades, and I'm sure they're good, but before I buy it it would be good to hear your experience with Biobizz.

Is Biobizz the best organic bottled stuff, or is there anything better, like Canna, Hesi...?
I heard their feeding chart is off the charts, some recommend cutting that down in half..?

For context; planning to get their light mix soil, grow, bloom and top-max, for a micro SOG grow.
Other available options in the shop are Canna/BioCanna, Hesi, Atami, Guanokalong, Advanced Nutrients, and Plagron.

So, what's the popular vote? Yay or nay for Biobizz?
Since it is a complete source of nutrients it will work fine if you use it correctly.

crazyben

I'm using biobizz nutrients and soil for years and I am satisfied. I recommend that.

Canna and Biocanna is definitely cool too, but biobizz seems a little better to me. I think that the differences will be minimal and it will be more about what suits someone more.

For growing in soil, I would choose biobizz or Biocanna. For growing in coco, I would choose canna coco (its four different series - terra, coco, aqua, hydro)

Edit: biocanna is good in that it only has 4 individual products of nutritients feeding... biobizz has many more products across the range. However, it is not necessary to use all of them.

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
Biobizz is great, but you have to understand ingredients and use all bottles the right way.
been figuring out for 10 years now and still feel like a noob, learning new things every run.

Things like optimal Cal/Mag ratio for my specific LED lights, how much Bio Grow to use for optimal yield? etc.
I use a customized feeding chart, which is for my specific style, but close to their All Mix chart.

You are save, running the All Mix chart like it is, for your Light Mix.
Just don't use the Light Mix chart, the amounts of Bio Grow are too high.
There is no need to ever go over 2ml/l Bio Grow throughout the grow.

Since it's Molasses based, make sure to stop the Bio Grow in later flowering or else there will be mold.

personally, as I have to mix up between 4 to 12 different ingredients for my organic soup, I would not recommend Bio Bizz for a Micro grow, with just a few plants.
The measuring of only 6 bottles for just a small amount of water, is already a pain in the ass.
I have 100+ plants in all stages, at all times, making clones, breeding, etc.
With plant health as a priority, that's where the Bio Bizz approach is most profitable.
Everything organic, but yet standardized, therefore scaleable, predictable.

For growing just some buds, you are better off with the Bio Canna line.
Working in the grow store, I was never a good salesman for Bio Bizz.
Once I started explaining the whole line, how it works and telling customers that they always need all 6 bottles + microbe additives for optimal results as my pictures, they checked out mentally.
Usually they went with Canna instead, just for it being less bottles.

can't talk about Canna though, I've never used it :ROFLMAO:

crazyben

Things like optimal Cal/Mag ratio for my specific LED lights, how much Bio Grow to use for optimal yield? etc.
I use a customized feeding chart, which is for my specific style, but close to their All Mix chart.

You are save, running the All Mix chart like it is, for your Light Mix.

Yes I struggle too with led lights and cal/mag

it won't be so easy with that yield etc... if you grow something different every time, it can distort because each strain can have slightly different requirements for nutrients.

organic feeding is alchemy :D

RobFromTX

A superb nutrient line. Ive been using the biobloom for about three years now and im loving it. It can be potent for some strains so you just have to dial it in. The fish mix and biogrow are great too but most soils on the market are already jacked up with nitrogen so you have to careful with that stuff too

Hmong

Veteran
organic feeding is alchemy :D

you got it, mon!

I still grow different varieties all the time, usually as seedplant first and then the keeper clones.
Seeing everything from pure Indica to pure Sativa, reveals some patterns over time and you can adjust.

about the Cal/Mag, I'm up to 0.5ml/l in flowering and my tab water is 7.2 EC, so already very high in Cal & Mag. Mostly carbonate, so not plant available in solution, which I found out to be an issue once the new LEDs showed up, that seem to create a stronger Magnesium metabolism.

I also use the smallest pot size possible, and flower like 4ft plants in 1gals with Light Mix.
Recently I started amending the Light Mix with extra Plagron Calzium Kick, which makes things pop off. More Cal lets you feed higher N, which helps bigger plants not using up all leaf after stretch.

Often you have the brown & yellow spots show from too much N vs. the amount of Cal you give.
There is a sweetspot, that everyone has to find out for their setup.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I’ve never used the complete biobizz lineup, but do use their organic calmag. I used to use their soil, but really am not a fan of perlite so tend to favour Biocanna organic soil (no perlite).

For organic veg, bloom and PK liquids I use either Plant Magic oldtimer or Intense nutrients organic line (it’s definitely the same molasses base as the oldtimer). For roots I’m using Biocanna Rhizotonic at the moment. I’m not too bothered if I use a light seaweed or some other organic brand for the roots, as long as I can get it cheap.

I’m also using GHE Organic Bud Booster because it was on sale.

I stopped being loyal to one brand a long time ago, although have been using the base oldtimer nutes for a while now.

I’m quite happy with the biobizz calmag :) I seem to get less yellowing on my plants in flower :)

GrayZone

Thanks everyone for stopping by.

I also use the smallest pot size possible, and flower like 4ft plants in 1gals with Light Mix.

Well, that's similar to what I thought. I can fit in about 10 plants in 2.5-liter pots(that's a bit less than 1gal), starting from clones and keeping them in veg for about 7-10 days, so that they can work on their root system during that time. Then 12/12, and aiming for that donkey dick looks :D

You said you would not recommend Bio Bizz for a Micro grow. Is that purely based on the number of ingredients you need to mix for the cocktail or..?

Also, would you say that grow, bloom and top-max will do the job or it would be good to buy another bottle, considering what I'm planning to do?(I have pretty hard water here and I won't use LEDs, no CalMag shouldn't be necessary).

Since it is a complete source of nutrients it will work fine if you use it correctly.

In case you used it, what's "correctly"? What Hmong said, tweaking with the amount, having the right ingredients..?

I'm using biobizz nutrients and soil for years and I am satisfied. I recommend that.
Great to hear that! I've used Canna, Hesi, and some organic nutes that I can't remember what brand it was. I know it was stinky as hell :D

So do you go by their feeding chart or you cut it down? Also, what products you've been using and what products you'd drop out, if any?

A superb nutrient line. Ive been using the biobloom for about three years now and im loving it. It can be potent for some strains so you just have to dial it in. The fish mix and biogrow are great too but most soils on the market are already jacked up with nitrogen so you have to careful with that stuff too

Ya, if I recall correctly, indicas can generally take more nutes than sativas. It has been 15 years since my last grow, I might have gotten rusty. Anyway, due to my liking of the knock-out indica effects AND the limited height of the box, I'll go with an indica dom strain. So it shouldn't be too bitchy about higher levels of nutes.

Which of their products you absolutely wouldn't leave out of your nutes line-up?

...oldtimer...

Om Namah Shivaya!

You took me down memory lane, mentioning oldtimer.
Is anyone here old enough to remember Overgrow.com? :D
There was a super experienced member, Oldtimer1. Heard he's gone now.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I use bio grow, fish mix and bio bloom. thats all I use from them. I tried those other ferts mentioned in this thread, and I dont want to badmouth them, but I am satisfied with bio bizz. sour diesel is really fuely on it and blueberry gets that blueberry effervescence quite easily. you can hardly burn plants with it... I use less dose than they recommend though. I use it so long that I dont measure it. when I see it is yellowing, I add more grow or fish mix. I have never had problems with it.

A5 x panama

full

for calmag I use dolomite lime. I grow only in soil.

GrayZone

I use bio grow, fish mix and bio bloom. thats all I use from them. I tried those other ferts mentioned in this thread, and I dont want to badmouth them, but I am satisfied with bio bizz. sour diesel is really fuely on it and blueberry gets that blueberry effervescence quite easily. you can hardly burn plants with it... I use less dose than they recommend though. I use it so long that I dont measure it. when I see it is yellowing, I add more grow or fish mix. I have never had problems with it.

A5 x panama

Nice 'erb Maha!

Ya, I thought that too, those three should do. That's at least my experience with other brands. The basic combo + PK boost works well and all those add-ons seem more like marketing hocus-pocus than a real game-changer.

Anyway, do add nutes every time you water them? If not, what's your schedule for that?
Also, do you follow the chart or you cut done on the recommended dosage? If you cut it down, how much?

RobFromTX

Which of their products you absolutely wouldn't leave out of your nutes line-up?

The biobloom is a pretty well rounded nutrient on its own. Plenty of everything the plant really needs. I would imagine you could use the full recommended dose with indicas but you definitely want to use less with sativas. I only add 1 tablespoon per 2 gallons water with my sativas and its plenty. A lot of the other nutes in the biobizz line up aren't necessary in my opinion. The soils are usually already chocked full of goodies as it is

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Nice 'erb Maha!

Ya, I thought that too, those three should do. That's at least my experience with other brands. The basic combo + PK boost works well and all those add-ons seem more like marketing hocus-pocus than a real game-changer.

Anyway, do add nutes every time you water them? If not, what's your schedule for that?
Also, do you follow the chart or you cut done on the recommended dosage? If you cut it down, how much?

thanks. like I said I dont know. it is long time I measured it somehow, but I think it was lower dose, especially for biogrow and fishmix, fishmix has lot of N so be careful with it. I just look at color of water after mixing it it and see if its too much or not :D

I am growing vietnamese hybrid now, and I add nutes every watering yes, everyday...

not all genetics is the same, and not all phenos are same. so I watch plant and if it needs more N, I add it... you would be surprised but some sativas need a lot of N in flowering. they are not so tolerant to overdose like indicas though.

crazyben

So do you go by their feeding chart or you cut it down? Also, what products you've been using and what products you'd drop out, if any?

yes, allmix soil to which I always add a little coco with trichoderma. And personally I start with lower values than in the feeding chart and gradually increase.

GROW, BLOOM, TOP-MAX in base enugh . For me is necessary also ROOT JUICE.CAL/MAG according to the lighting used, with HPS it is not necessary. Bio HEAVEN is good but is not necessary. Alg A Mic and Activera i don't use, maybe just a little sometimes when it is available.

I'm going to try Microbes. But it worked for years without them. It is a relatively new product.

Thats my way

(sorry for my english).

Last edited:

crazyben

By the way: In organic cultivation, it is mainly necessary to keep the soil "alive". They are bacteria that break down organic components into basic elements that can be absorbed by plants.

Do not let soil completely dry (but pay attention to overwattering). Thats why I using also a little coco which holds watter well.

Latest posts

Latest posts