What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Announcement Introducing Veteran members

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Trophy points are a way to reward active members and create some kind of competition between users. You get points for certain activities, like post number milestonesn getting reactions on posts and some more things like that. But it wasn't developed here and left at default is easy to be maxed out at 113 points, by any active member. When we get to that on our to do list, it will either be developed further so only our top posters can reach the top, or disabled totally. We haven't decided yet.

@unclefishstick , we can give you a goat to put as your avatar for your contribution to the goat content on ICMag. And, at 100k reaction points, you will be allowed into the exclusive goat area!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
@Redrum92 , you can check your trophies on your profile, under "About" tab. Here it is:
1000025825.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I have to ask you guys again to not forget to mention your forum username when you sign up for our patreon, so we can upgrade your account. If you subscribed recently, and you aren't upgraded to premium user, please check your patreon messages or contact me.
Thank you!

Nextgeneration73

It's someone who donated to us in the past, either as a supporter or through seeds for server fund.
Interesting... I'm still learning about icmag so it takes time to kind of, get to know it fully.... Outstanding site by the way, I can't really delete my comments though but I can edit them which is the main important thing 😁 It's actually kind of addicting opening up icmag to see what's new, but in a good cleansing way, not like Facebook or many other sites where you feel this slightly elevated irritability type addiction, at least from my experience. Rather a more positive one...

Last edited:

Redrum92

Trophy points are a way to reward active members and create some kind of competition between users. You get points for certain activities, like post number milestonesn getting reactions on posts and some more things like that. But it wasn't developed here and left at default is easy to be maxed out at 113 points, by any active member. When we get to that on our to do list, it will either be developed further so only our top posters can reach the top, or disabled totally. We haven't decided yet.

@unclefishstick , we can give you a goat to put as your avatar for your contribution to the goat content on ICMag. And, at 100k reaction points, you will be allowed into the exclusive goat area!

Ah, thank you. I didn't put it together that points = trophies.

I know Overgrow has a pretty complex trophy system/quite a variety of trophies. Maybe worth seeing how they do it if you guys are looking for ideas? They have some very specific, interesting ones.

Ca++

I see the 113's just jumped to 420

As previously noted, I also miss the joining date, being under my name on the left there. It was very useful, as I would often need a reminder.
As another user also noted, the rating people get over time, seems to of lost some meaning also. Both these things offer people an idea of time served. Beyond the simplicity of Veteran or active.

I think this grading system needs a few tiers adding. From seed to full bloom. Newbie to Veteran. Whatever. Just something we can see at a glance. Like we could join dates, in the past. It's a little redundant on another page, or where people move from active to vet, with no middle ground.

Not my ideas, but one's I like the look of

Me.. I would still like a notes panel over there, for my own private use. So I can keep track of who is who, like the new members who arrive, who are still continuing the fight of there banned persona.

Latest posts

Latest posts