What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Introducing Sour 60!

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Hi Mdanzig. I'm growing out some sour 60 and today I noticed a weird leaf mutation thingie, I have a couple crappy pics of it in my thread in my sig..but basically it's like this :

it's only happening on 2 opposing leafstems and no where else on the plant, nor on my other sour 60's. Just wondering if you've seen this in any of yours or if you know where this trait might come from? I'm also curious if anyone else has seen this trait in their sour60 grows..(go have a closer look it was really hard to spot).

I'm also very satisfied with the sour60 by the way, all sprouted well and no hermies, and the buds are looking awesome.
Very nice work sir:respect:

uptosumpn

Veteran
trust me lotta weird variations in the infamous Sour60.....it's jus as 20/4 said it took 4 strains to make it......i jus grew some out....VERY LOVELY SMOKE BTW!!! I too had all my males go hemi on me as well as a diff male that produced about a dozen sacs<which I plucked off and turned out to be a very fruity 8" bush...jus weird stuff be going on with this strain......and now I have 412 sour60 x purple jems seeds to play with! long live da Sour60! Great strain Mdanzig

a6grow

hey guys im real excited about starting some sour SIX-O! however, since i only have a 150w hps cab, my space is limited to about 3 or 4 plants in their final container (9L coco hempy bucket). i will be starting in jiffy pellets and i read that the af's will show sex in approx 1 month and also that its recommended to transplant once. would it be ok to just go from jiffy to solo coco cups until they show sex and then onto the final 9L container if they are female? i will be growing under 24/0. any suggestions?

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
:bump:

here's that leafstem mutation I mentioned a little while back.

this stuff is D-licious! heavy hitting and great sour citrus flavor.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
:yeahthats Ive also witnessed the same thing on a few i just harvested...very interesting mutation that seems to be in alot of the s60s...:jump:

Tropic

Been playing with f2s and got the same here too (buds on petioles)... not only on one plant. Also got many cloven leaves, even petioles that split in two with two resulting leaves. Other than that, vigorous growth, and a nice end product, great taste and high!
I'm going f3 with select phenotypes (vigorous branchy parents, chunky, unleafy buds on females, and that great sour taste), can't wait!
Props for bringing this out mdanzig!
:joint:

DIRT DIGGLER

Here's a 3 headed triploid monster mutation..lol.

picture.php

I'm no fan boy,just stating facts when I say...mutation's or not S60 is the best all round auto to date..hands down.

mdanzig

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow been along time since someone posted on this thread. You should see how big the Blue Streaks are getting, its rediculous!!!

maxfreek

Blue Streaks are next...:thank you: very much mr. mdanzig!!!! If they outdo the s60, I will be impressed.....cause I am allready!!:bump:

How the kush project going":artist:

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Wow been along time since someone posted on this thread. You should see how big the Blue Streaks are getting, its rediculous!!!

Lets see some new Bluestreak? Hopefully we see more blueberry color influence as well!:thank you:

ive heard that leaf mutations n twisty leaves ( not nute burn or lack of nutes) is a sign of potency, so when i see twisty leafts on a overall plant i kind of just chalk it up that i might be something special and not something to cull.

DIRT DIGGLER

Not sure about that, But I do know it can also be a sign of inbreeding depression which is understandable considering all auto's have come from the lowryder line..
I have been trying to breed out the mutant leaf trait with no success...I cull anything with twisted leafs before breeding only to find the gnarly leaf trait in the next generation...
I have given up, so thats why I have named my first bred auto "superfreak"....cuz, she's superfreaky...lol.

Hey MD,How bout some pics of the new blues???

uptosumpn

Veteran
Yeah, what he said....^^^! and I found a very vigorus-blue/dk purp sacs bluestreak male that had 2 heads....so I have saved that pollen and i'm gonna cross it with ???? (<stay tuned, that's for my next grow...) had very bad germ/sprout ratio, so I had no females to make F1's,,,this is the second time I lost ALL my bluestreak beans..! oh well....