What's new

have you seen my purple?

ringtail

hey ICmag, nice to meet you all. joining to learn indoors techniques while i'm on a decades long quest in search of some missing purple.

i first had it back in 2008, ken's gdp from harborside in oakland ca and have been in-love with the iconic purple taste ever since then. however, i have not had a good purple or grapes since like 2013. so many strains use purple in their name but its just not the same. after many years of searching bay area dispensaries for my favorite flavor without luck, i decided it is time to learn to do this myself and see if the purple grapes flavors still even exist. hoping to turn my fond memory of the purp terps into something i can cultivate myself and enjoy again.

does anyone else have a passion for the original purp flavor? or hints on where it hides?

Persianfarmer

hey ICmag, nice to meet you all. joining to learn indoors techniques while i'm on a decades long quest in search of some missing purple.

i first had it back in 2008, ken's gdp from harborside in oakland ca and have been in-love with the iconic purple taste ever since then. however, i have not had a good purple or grapes since like 2013. so many strains use purple in their name but its just not the same. after many years of searching bay area dispensaries for my favorite flavor without luck, i decided it is time to learn to do this myself and see if the purple grapes flavors still even exist. hoping to turn my fond memory of the purp terps into something i can cultivate myself and enjoy again.

does anyone else have a passion for the original purp flavor? or hints on where it hides?
Hiya bro
I am sure you will find some people avid of the purple like yourself.
I’ll let you know in 5-6 months, as I was gifted with some Early Grapes and hopefully they will have that taste, i am so looking forward to it

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm a huge fan of the old legendary GDP Clone, was legendary, such a shame she very hard to find the real deal these days.

I've done lots of work with the legendary GDP Clone and offer several GDP seed hybrids Regular or Feminized that lean heavy to the GDP side check out my company/page here at icmag.com Connoisseur Genetics.

Anyone has the old legendary clone and wants to share/trade( I been told many times over the years they have it, but its never that legendary famous old clone) hit me up

Screenshot_20240503_123625_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_123712_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_123621_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_123605_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_123610_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_123517_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_123513_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240503_123528_Instagram.jpg

ringtail

I'm a huge fan of the old legendary GDP Clone, was legendary, such a shame she very hard to find the real deal these days.

I've done lots of work with the legendary GDP Clone and offer several GDP seed hybrids Regular or Feminized that lean heavy to the GDP side check out my company/page here at icmag.com Connoisseur Genetics.

Anyone has the old legendary clone and wants to share/trade( I been told many times over the years they have it, but its never that legendary famous old clone) hit me up

seems like we're in the same boat, often told its the real deal but its not. if you ever do s1's of the cut you've done work with, let me know.

that gdp haze looks nice. checked out your page, casey jones, thats a blast from the past, a good memories strain i have not heard of in years, i'll have to circle back on your stock after getting my growing feet under me.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I used to run purple urkle and I also ran GDP which was very much similar in flavor but lacked the punch of the urkle. Both the urkle and granddaddy purple produced a lovely grape flavor the gdp a bit more soda like but the urkle more candied berry grape with a touch of skunks ass.

I've been seeking katsu and urkle and I keep finding people with I guess s1's or something. I really wish people would not label things incorrectly. That's how we end up with people saying they have this or that but really they have some offspring. I've gotten two different cuts of Katsu but not the authentic cut I used to run so it's almost disheartening to obtain a cut and find out its not authentic.

I wish people would understand fake clones are insulting.

oldmaninbc

I used to run purple urkle and I also ran GDP which was very much similar in flavor but lacked the punch of the urkle. Both the urkle and granddaddy purple produced a lovely grape flavor the gdp a bit more soda like but the urkle more candied berry grape with a touch of skunks ass.

I've been seeking katsu and urkle and I keep finding people with I guess s1's or something. I really wish people would not label things incorrectly. That's how we end up with people saying they have this or that but really they have some offspring. I've gotten two different cuts of Katsu but not the authentic cut I used to run so it's almost disheartening to obtain a cut and find out its not authentic.

I wish people would understand fake clones are insulting.
I don't drink alcohol because of medications but I reflect back to a conversation with a salesman from the industry who told me, they like to maintain the quality of popular beer by not mixing batches of different beers together. Less popular beer, just throw together whatever batches of beer they have.

The wine industry is the same in Canada, what wine is being sold only has to contain a % of the actual product the rest could be any wine.

Our idea of purity is any ones guess on some products commercially sold.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I don't drink alcohol because of medications but I reflect back to a conversation with a salesman from the industry who told me, they like to maintain the quality of popular beer by not mixing batches of different beers together. Less popular beer, just throw together whatever batches of beer they have.

The wine industry is the same in Canada, what wine is being sold only has to contain a % of the actual product the rest could be any wine.

Our idea of purity is any ones guess on some products commercially sold.

I don't drink myself but I imagine a wine connoisseur experiences the same disheartening experience as a cannabis smoker, when they obtain a classic or supposed classic and find its mixed with something else. I don't blame people they know not what they have or do most of the time. It just sucks when you know what you want and struggle finding it because of immitations. If you haven't had the authentic you probably wouldn't have no way of knowing. It is what it is, just sucks when you seek something and think you found it, spends months cultivating it and eventually find out its not what you thought it was.

I find people are happy to provide what they think you looking for, its not their fault usually when its not, they thought they had what you seek because it was given to them under said name. So as much as I wish people would understand that, I dont mean the people who unknowingly spread stuff, but the people who knowingly do it.

I got my GDP from 707 Grandaddy Dawg. Mostly swampy mossy rubbery leaky septic Chem crap but theres some straight GDP in those packs. The only strain I've smoked that has couch lock and purp flavor since 2015. Good yields too. Nasty children's grape Tylenol when fresh, polymerizes into classic couch lock purp after cure (I know most people can't won't and don't cure their weed for anymore for whatever reason, so you gotta attach disclaimers these days.)

Latest posts

Latest posts