What's new

INTO THE WILD MOVIE

NOKUY

Veteran
still aint seen the movie..but wanted to point out how I agree w/ OMT...again.

'tramp was a fool and thats why he's dead.

...plenty of survival peeps live in the bush w/ almost no problems.....it's all about the skills.

....I made my mom read the book....well didnt "make" her ...just persuaded her.

she thought the book was "GREAT"... but 'sad' ...which it wasnt sad t all for me.

def. different perspectives.

The_Leader

Non-Hilocentric
Agreed OMT.

If a game warden or forrest person finds you living "off the grid", you just got back on it. All land is owned.

There is only one place left to live off the grid and imho that's under a bridge.

TL

NOKUY

Veteran
FINALLY watched it!

I bought it as soon as it came out on DVD and watched it the min. i got home from work yesterday.

i wanna give a bit of a review tho.

i have read the book ...(more than a few times...not 1000 like i said, but prolly 10 times in whole)

the movie was perfect!.....exactly what i would have expected and better.

followed the book to a "T", but at the same time "mixed it up"...mostly foreshadowing events and at the same time "reflecting".......

the movie took away sum of my thoughts of him being a "headcase".....but I still think he was a bit mental, if not a lot naive.

the part where he took the moose, and couldent fukin clean it and wasted the entire animal pissed me the fuk off!....and the segment was pretty dramatic.

the movie def. followed the same ending as the book where he died from eating the wrong seeds from the wrong plant, but....he could have died 100 other ways.

the movie did put me in the spot i knew it would.

i relate to that kid ALOT ....i'm not even half as social tho.

i bought it when it came out too, watched it last night. i liked it, definitely one of the most accurate movies that was based on a book.

it was pretty funny when he ran into the europeans on the colorado river :smoke:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
I dunno'

I was a little disappointed with the film after reading the book. I enjoyed the book a lot more than the film and I didn't like how the film betrayed certain things. like how the parents are in the film is not how they are written about in the book. in once scene i think he even hits his wife, and i don't remember that happening in the book nor do i remember the author saying that they drank, but in the movie they were drinking in like every scene. it seems like the movie put more blame on the parents and made Christopher Mcandless out to be some kind of saint, where as the book questions his intentions as well as his parents.

Otherwise, still a good movie.

And this book/movie is made for me too. i can relate to Christopher McCandless in so many ways as I was a lot like him when i was younger. I still am a lot like him it just doesn't feel like it I've had to settle down for so long =(

but i to left home at a young age (18, day i dropped out of high school was the day i left... didn't even tell my parents, its why i wanted until i was 18), traveled, ignored my parents, lived off no money, squatted, hitched, train hopped, etc... but i wasn't as anti-social as him. i usually traveled with a companion and i talk to my parents now. and i just left because i didn't give a shit, and i just wanted to travel...

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
RTR...how could that flik dissapoint you based on the book?

I honestly dont see how it could have been done better.

I'm glad sum peeps here like u can see themselves in his shoes.

I've done all the above too, and am glad to be settled now, but i always have a desire to be un-settled.

G

I saw this tread last night so I down loaded the movie and watched it tonight I have never read the book but I was stuck in the movie I don't watch tv because of all the politics and you know It stays on the cartoon channel( I have kids) instant baby sitter. But I just finished watching this movie and its great movie. thanks for bringing it to my attention. It was a wonderful experience. peace:

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
enough can't be said about the soundtrack for this film. eddy vedder did an amazing job. one of the best soundtracks ive ever heard if i dare say so.

dbuzz

Veteran
RudolfTheRed said:
enough can't be said about the soundtrack for this film. eddy vedder did an amazing job. one of the best soundtracks ive ever heard if i dare say so.

true, that soundtrack is stellar. i loved the movie as well, message and all.

B

bagseed77

post it plz, i hate paying for shit i dont have too, thats why i am here ,thanks

G

I dl it at ares its kinda like a napster or limewire with less adware

NOKUY

Veteran
hey while were at it can anyone point me to a free download of the soundtrack?

i always liked eddie vedder, and was stoked to hear that shit. it was nice to hear eddie singing "folkish" (if thats a word)...just over an acoustic geetar....that song "society"...is the best song i've heard in years...if not ever.

heres that vedder song society:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVQEsKDcl2A

Last edited:
G

Ares is a free dl I dl all my music there and you can get movies while they are still in theater

G

I am right now listening to and watching the eddie vedder music video hard sun from the movie

Latest posts

Latest posts