What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

International Clone Only cuts in the UK

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I see the curve you mean, but I'm not sure to be honest, it's hard to see from Hazy's photos. To be honest the whole situation is frustrating lmao..

Of all the overhyped yank 'classic' elite clones, proper ECSD is something I really want to try myself some time. I visit the chatroom on this site every day, and some of the friendliest and most experienced of dudes in there rate it as one of the best of all time - when properly dialled, and taken to true ripeness.

I've debated with, and bored to death, my USA chums over this shit now.. they're probably sick of looking at the "is it? isn't it?" ECSD photos I show them.

Something I have picked up during these conversations is that ECSD is a plant that can look very different when grown out differently, in that once it's really dialled, it gives so much more, and can look much different to a plant that isn't really really thriving.

People clearly feel the DNA Sour D is something special, but different to ECSD, and is perhaps the "Original Diesel" (as suggested by Dr D).

The Capt. Crip cut you would've expected to be the one, and perhaps where CC is from that is the ECSD that's most revered. It may also be the cut my USA buddies hold, but with epigenetic drift from the stresses and strife of international travel? Who knows.

Only hazy really knows where his cut came from. Here are some pics for comparison though.. Note the bud structure.. and tiny turned downwards leaflets, apparently a "dead giveaway" of ECSD..

Subrob's ECSD said:
picture.php

picture.php

jiggywhompus's ECSD said:

Hazy's "ECSD" said:

yeah i started the thread - many people think that the variegated leaf trait is genetic rather than TMV, although we dont have a conclusive answer yet.

it passes to offspring sometimes (as a gentic trait would ) but most people say the chem d trait isnt infectious - whereas TMV is definitely infectious. if anyone has any good info then please go post it.

i found the chem leaf trait is less pronounced when the plant is happy and growing fast - this is my first run with it, under a p1ssy little LED, and im very happy with the bud growth, starting to pong too 4-5 weeks in. ill post some pics soon.

so, the Diesels, we have the CC cut/ECSD and the dna cut - both of which im running side by side, which other SD cuts are in contention here in the UK?

wish i could attend the 420 and toke them up with you guys, but i accepted the offer of a family week in cornwall without realizing the dates clashed :(

i'll try and have a little smoke up with a couple of friends to get some verdicts at my end.

i'll post up some pics of he diesels too soon, they are starting to get interesting :)

I spoke personally with cheesy today about this on the chem d and basicly youve hit the nail on the head verdant im glad someone as posted this as i was only reassuring him its not a prob! :thank you:
what i do find strange tho is stuppa as chem4 and chem5 with it aswell?? and all the chem4's Ive seen havent got the so called TBV trait....so could it have been passed to them by the chem d?? do all the chem family have this..I havent seen it before tho?? mad init...

thanks again verdant :wave:

with regards to the curve leaf i have a few keepers and all have this trait ;) must be the unicorn trait lol

theherbalizor

Veteran
As I said in my earlier post....

I have passed on the 'whatever' from the CHem D to the C4D # 4 & 5 these are the plants stuppa refers to.

It is not the True Chem 4, but Rez Chem 4 x Chem D.

I know I have passed it on and not just genetic drift as my main back up house has all these cuts still, and clean as the chem d is not kept there!

The worst plant that seams to have picked it up the worst is the Giesel.... that picked it up well quick.

I have held the CHem D since it hit our shores and the issue is nothing much to deal with if you keep a tight clean ship. Only issue I would say is don't throw it under ALOT of light with lights close, the tops of the buds die off. And it can take a little longer to root due to the 'whatever'. If you have a mother that is showing the symptom badly I would definitely get her looking good before taking cuts. Its very easy to get the plant looking 'almost' like a fully healthy plant.

As I said in my earlier post....

I have passed on the 'whatever' from the CHem D to the C4D # 4 & 5 these are the plants stuppa refers to.

It is not the True Chem 4, but Rez Chem 4 x Chem D.

I know I have passed it on and not just genetic drift as my main back up house has all these cuts still, and clean as the chem d is not kept there!

The worst plant that seams to have picked it up the worst is the Giesel.... that picked it up well quick.

I have held the CHem D since it hit our shores and the issue is nothing much to deal with if you keep a tight clean ship. Only issue I would say is don't throw it under ALOT of light with lights close, the tops of the buds die off. And it can take a little longer to root due to the 'whatever'. If you have a mother that is showing the symptom badly I would definitely get her looking good before taking cuts. Its very easy to get the plant looking 'almost' like a fully healthy plant.

sorry didnt see that post.....

Great info herbs and thanks for making that straight in my head hehe i did post on stuppas thread asking about it..was still awaiting reply..so its not THE chem 4 but a chem 4 x chem d....wasnt clear and didnt understand why they had the so called TBV ...I do now, cool and thank you :ying::tiphat: crystal clear now fella

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya herb thats really interesting. so just to be clear, you're saying that your original mums of the c4d dont show the 'whatever' but ones that youve held close to the chem D in another location have 'caught it' ?

i assumed the c4d had the 'whatever' as a genetic trait from the chem d...

VG

theherbalizor

Veteran
No worries Dawgs...

Yeah VG, the original moms have been kept away from the CHem D and re cloned etc. No signs of anything going on. Just pure health....

However the ones that had cuts taken off them after I took some chem d cuts now show this problem. May only effect one side of the plant or half the leafs, where as the the Chem D will display all over.

Its interesting but nothing particularly bothersome. But not really great practice to be spreading it around the garden.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah im finding the chem D is growing very convincingly under my LED unit. bout 50w of LED on this plant. 37 days.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and the two diesels are taking up half my 250hps cab between them. ive found these to be quite big feeders, showing up a bit of N def in mid flower. given them some extra feeds. Both the cuts have been nice to work with. very different growth habits.
SD dna at 39 days. this cut not so inclinced to preoduce side-branches
picture.php

picture.php

ECSD CC cut - this one produces sideshoots all over the place. more buds on this screen but smaller for that reason. 6 weeks in
picture.php

picture.php

im loving having the opportunity to grow out all these elites. :)

VG

theherbalizor

Veteran
Are you sure that what you have down as the CHem D is not actually the C4d#4. I will no for sure in a few weeks.

Looking dam good for the LEDs also. This also makes me think that is the c4d4 as she lapped up the LEDs on my last run.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey herb, it should be the proper chem D unless they were labeled wrong ;)

the two C4D's (that were marked) had very different growth habits. the #4 wanted to get tall without much branching (bit like i found the SD dna cut to be) and the #5 had more of a spreading habit like the ECSD - does that sound right??

VG

incidentally neither of the C4D mums are showing much in the way of the 'whatever' trait now, whearas the chem D has shown it fairly consistently, but less when it's growing fast.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use tor which is always slow - so i wouldnt know the difference :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
forgot to mention that i have a li'l casey jones flowering in my veg cab under an old 60w :D LED. is it me of does CJ smell very much like the cheese in bud?? got that parmisan.socks thing going on atm. about 6-7 weeks in. flowering response is a bit slower with this light due to it having less far red, 1st generation model. should be able to pull a couple of oz though...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

theherbalizor

Veteran
I find she smells very much of the OE (mom). Very peanuty. With heavy hints of sour d in the back... just the sour dankness.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right guys, we need to come up with another terminology for the dna cut of SD. as im sure many of you know, the powers that be dont like the mention of them at IC - which makes it difficult when that's the name of the cut. to avoid censorship and threads getting binned etc it would be better if it could be called by another name.

any thoughts?? (on a name - im sure i know very well what you all think of the situation ;) )

VG

Dr. D

Veteran
right guys, we need to come up with another terminology for the dna cut of SD. as im sure many of you know, the powers that be dont like the mention of them at IC - which makes it difficult when that's the name of the cut. to avoid censorship and threads getting binned etc it would be better if it could be called by another name.

any thoughts?? (on a name - im sure i know very well what you all think of the situation ;) )

VG

Call it what it is, Headband, Diesel no1, Original Diesel....

theherbalizor

Veteran
Jah cut..... SD AND cut. Ohhh. Sandy!

I shall call her Sandy.

You could also refer to her as the AJ cut.... Or as like Dr D says...

Are feelings getting hurt... Didums.

Haha.

Latest posts

Latest posts