What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Video International Cannagraphic In Amsterdam - Sam Skunkman Interview

It's Here!

The video series that you have been waiting for.

Recorded in July, our very own Gypsy Nirvana took to the streets, parks and coffeehouses of Amsterdam to talk and smoke with some of the icons of the cannabis world.

Upfront, we must apologise for the weak sound on the recordings. It was our first attempt at the interview process and add in the varying locales and our tech proved a little weak for the task. It is also important to note that some interviewees prefer to be incognito and stay off-camera.

Our second video should launch in the first week or two of October. Watch for it!

As Gypsy says in the video, thanks very much to Pure Sativa for sponsoring our trip and making it possible. For all your seed and smoking needs visit www.puresativa.com, you won't be dissapointed!

Watch video on Odysee here.

Broadcast Date
Sep 20, 2022

Attachments

• icmag-amsterdam-logo.jpg
    icmag-amsterdam-logo.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 2,192
Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sam discusses this in the very beginning of the podcast at 2:56:tiphat:

Thanks. I can't hear him well in parts. I have to reply it a few times to hear it. It's hard for me to understand his thoughts on that when taking a tropical Sativa and growing that in a completely different environment and not expecting it to express differently. When my environment is off my plants do not grow the same.. Their quality gets hit. If he is saying as long as the environment keeps plants happy/healthy the location doesn't matter id agree. Those growing Tropical Sativas in colder climates will know.

Last edited:

romanoweed

hmm, Sam is a guy who lived trough the Arrival of first Generation of the sought after legendary Strains.

I think the First Generation Seed of a good Genetic (there were many hempy Phenos) , WILL express good aslong as you make the Plants happy.

I think many people get higher Generation of Thai, Columbian.. and thats why. Can still be good, but many judge from this experience.
I had the luck of a "once in a lifetime" first generation legendary Sativa. Grown in Europe.. Thats what people never wanna hear, but i wanna tell them. lol
And Sam , a very experienced guy (not telling youre a noobody, no, ) knows this and astonishes you with his View.

( THIS IS MY OPPINIONATED INTERPRETATION)

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Y
...... how about a 2nd Skunkman podcast going into more detail? :love:
That might be possible in the next year - I'm sure that there are many other avenues of inquiry concerning Sam and how he has worked with various varieties over the years to explore yet - maybe we could organize a live podcast for this? - where members can be instrumental in forming the questionnaire - since there are so many questions to ask - and Sam seems keen to answer them generally - he's not getting any younger - but currently he looks to be quite healthy - and happy to talk about virtually anything -

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
and he wasn't the only one... :smoke out: :biggrin:

yes but just a tip ... smoke less heavily before and during the interview :biggrin:
just kidding...nice interview :tiphat: :huggg:
Ya - it's what you might call an 'Occupational Hazard' in my case - being a habitual cannabis user - and I am aware of it - just hard not to 'wake and bake' some days - especially when gifted something really special from a respected breeder - I'm like a kid in a candy store -

TANO

🍒
Veteran
Ya - it's what you might call an 'Occupational Hazard' in my case - being a habitual cannabis user - and I am aware of it - just hard not to 'wake and bake' some days - especially when gifted something really special from a respected breeder - I'm like a kid in a candy store -

I guess and I understand you ... indeed it would be difficult for me / for everyone :smoke:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I got what Sam was saying i wore head phones to listen to the podcast i could hear him and gypsy clearly.

What Sam said made seance to me.
And what I said - probably didn't make any sense at all? - lol - understandable - under the circumstances - (I must have my excuses) - anyroad - it was fun to do - next time perhaps I should go more into detail of Sam's association with Neville -

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
And what I said - probably didn't make any sense at all? - lol - understandable - under the circumstances - (I must have my excuses) - anyroad - it was fun to do - next time perhaps I should go more into detail of Sam's association with Neville -
No i thought you did a great job mate and so did Sam.

I dont watch or listen to many podcasts but i enjoyed it i think you nailed it being relaxed is key.

I think a Haze podcast would be a good one from the point Sam got hold of the Haze until modern days and what Sam thinks of the current resurgence of Haze what 35 plus years since it landed in Holland.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
No i thought you did a great job mate and so did Sam.

I dont watch or listen to many podcasts but i enjoyed it i think you nailed it being relaxed is key.

I think a Haze podcast would be a good one from the point Sam got hold of the Haze until modern days and what Sam thinks of the current resurgence of Haze what 35 plus years since it landed in Holland.
Oh - I was relaxed alright - wait till you see me pass out in the Soma interview - Soma got me again - with the Soma Salad bubble hash - and not for the first time I might add - been a coupla decades though -

- Sam could probably talk for hours about Haze - once you get him going - he's like the Oracle of cannabis history - and I felt like one of those nodding dog toys - you used to see in the back of cars - didn't want to interject - once I got him going on a particular topic - because he just runs with the ball - with such interesting stuff -

Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Great vid and thanks to all involved. A lot to chew on. I turned on the CC for parts and it only kept up with half of the conversation. If I can find a minute, maybe I can make a transcription.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol…It’s definitely an occupational hazard :cool:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I say to them folks, go out and do it. Then report back how it went... I recall something about miles and shoes something. Phoque it I'm baked.

Uludag

I like the way Sam was speaking. Was a bit like when I was younger and you listen to your grandpa (I mean it nice), talking about the good old days. Selecting from 20k plants to find true winners is just amazing. :watchplant:

Also gypsy is a good listener even if Sam need long for the answer. I like that style of interviewing. Real quality content, thank you @PureSativaUK for sponsoring this event!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest posts