What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Video International Cannagraphic In Amsterdam - Sam Skunkman Interview

It's Here!

The video series that you have been waiting for.

Recorded in July, our very own Gypsy Nirvana took to the streets, parks and coffeehouses of Amsterdam to talk and smoke with some of the icons of the cannabis world.

Upfront, we must apologise for the weak sound on the recordings. It was our first attempt at the interview process and add in the varying locales and our tech proved a little weak for the task. It is also important to note that some interviewees prefer to be incognito and stay off-camera.

Our second video should launch in the first week or two of October. Watch for it!

As Gypsy says in the video, thanks very much to Pure Sativa for sponsoring our trip and making it possible. For all your seed and smoking needs visit www.puresativa.com, you won't be dissapointed!

Watch video on Odysee here.

Broadcast Date
Sep 20, 2022

Attachments

• icmag-amsterdam-logo.jpg
    icmag-amsterdam-logo.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 2,348
Last edited:

StevenHXF

Administrator
That was great! I'm always interested in these kind of details, and the history is fascinating. What do you envision this series of videos to be? More interviews, tours of grows maybe?
Both. We’ve learned a lot doing these and want to take them further. We plan on going back to Dam, other places in Europe and then perhaps Canada and the US.

Have had quite a few offers for various trips so it’s just a matter of working out how to do it.

F2F

Some here on IC might have read Tom Hill’s story behind his haze line in the THH thread. Thai is the key he said. Said his Positronics haze from under the counter was different than their standard haze. Was he saying that special Posi batch had Thai influence (Tom speaks in riddles)?

If he was, Sam just confirmed in the interview (and I’d read elsewhere before also) Thai was crossed into some batches of haze at some point. Interesting web that is woven.

Peace,
F2F

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
So they investigated myrcene, pinene etc in the late 90s. Monofunctional terpenes which don't characterize Skunk or Haze what soever. What was the reasoning behind that? What other strains came out of that operation that led them to focus on readily available commercial essential oils, which in my experience do not contribute to entourage effect when added to thc isolate?

Seems Sam didn't know what a thiol was until recent, which is odd for someone with Skunk as a namesake. And he incorrectly states thiols in Cannabis are not terpenes, but they do have a terpenoid functional group. Butanethiol is not a terpene, but 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol found in Cannabis is. And a plant breeder who can't remember the word phylotaxy, and attempts to use it the way novice pot forum readers would, as if it's Latin for trifoliate? And he says 4 instead of 3? Can't remember what fertilizer he used, but knows he's an organic grower? 25mg of thc in a volcano, seems very scientific, considering the original Volcano poorly atomizes raw flower, let alone scientifically metered terpenoid isolates. Mixed together with a scientific egg beater I suppose..

Seems like a lackey taking orders from a boss. Or a lab rat remembering odd details he overhears, of experiments done on him. It's very Bob Lazar if I do say. I'm guessing RC Clarke was the real brains behind the operation, Skunkman might have been a janitor, or perhaps just mixed nutes and provided the cover story(ies) to keep Rob out of jail. But then again Robert Connell Clarke had shown his face and name for some time now. I guess that lends credence to Sam being an independent global Robinhood seed hoarder working on his own volition for absolute no other reason, and a pharmaceutical company picked him up on good will. I'm still confused on who gave Skunkman permission to grow, who tipped him off to the opportunity to relocate and grow thousands of plants, and why not many others did the same. Who in the Netherlands forged his permission slip, which would have been absolutely required before a DEA 225a application could ever be filed. And what local laws allowed GW to produce in England, working with Americans to bring their cannabis product to American markets?

I'm sorry, but this guy obviously wants attention, until he actually gets it. Kinda like Bob Lazar and those pesky perfectly timed CIA laser beam induced remote control brain aches that pop up when the questions get technical.

One more question. How did Sam consume his mandatory 99% pure resin? Because for the rest of us, refining it that far completely ruined any pipe or vaporizers ability to properly atomize the material. Even today, you cannot get a good hit off pure concentrates without electronic temperature controls and heavy 'carb cap' manipulation. Anyone who's tried doing dabs in a light bulb/meth pipe knows it it NOT an enjoyable experience.
Troll!

H e d g e

Question for Sam - I’ve read that skunk has an inactive cbd enzyme, does it remain inactive when out crossed with something that doesn’t contain any cbd like a pure Thai x skunk or haze x skunk?

And if not then which generation would you expect it to become active again? F2? 3?

Also thanks for the tip on early light pollinations producing seeds with better longevity, I’m making seeds for the first time so really useful info.

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
F2F

Sams didn’t reveal anything new about Haze in this interview. We have the details about the Thai and the story about how it was introduced and added to Haze by RL in a very minimal way and G never added it because he thought that the Original Haze aka punto Rojo was better

I understand Sams has other interest and a lot going on as well. But I’m sad Sams Reports again officially he doesn’t wish to tell his Haze story . I had hoped that he would share his side / Experience in Detail. Now I believe we will never get the full version of his side .

This is why it was so important for me to share the True Origins of Haze because memories fade and we all must go one day . Now Sams confirms RL is deceased and Ill
Confirm one of the 3 brothers has passed not long ago

Thanks gypsy for sharing this interview , I look forward to more in the future

Respect to Sams for preserving Haze . Much thanks and praise for all your contributions. I believe you deserve more credit than you get . My view has changed in time and with age . I’m more thankful to you now than ever before, you saved the variety and spread it far and wide

1luvbigherb

F2F

We have the details about the Thai and the story about how it was introduced and added to Haze by RL in a very minimal way and G never added it because he thought that the Original Haze aka punto Rojo was better
Thanks bigherb, I’m not up to speed I guess on what has/hasn’t been documented on Thai and haze. Read Tom’s posts on this here on IC, have seen other posts, but didn’t know if I ever saw SamS himself touch on this.
I’m sad Sams Reports again officially he doesn’t wish to tell his Haze story .
Agreed!

Peace,
F2F

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nice interview Gypsy and Sam i really liked the part were Sam clearly stated that its all about genetics and not were the plant is grow. As long as the plant has the time needed to mature correctly it dose not matter if a tropical line is grown in a sub tropical environment it will still be the same.

Genetics is key.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice interview Gypsy and Sam i really liked the part were Sam clearly stated that its all about genetics and not were the plant is grow. As long as the plant has the time needed to mature correctly it dose not matter if a tropical line is grown in a sub tropical environment it will still be the same.

Genetics is key.

I couldn't hear him well in some parts. At what mark did he say that?. I watched it 3x I didn't hear him say that.

Last edited:

romanoweed

thank you gypsy for your great Content and this forum. Getting some initiators of the whole thing to speak is very interesting.
Thanks Skunkman for confirming the sad sides of inbreeding depro. lol Its an important thing, yes, the plants can even case to pollinate without human help. In your oppinion of corse.

long live icmag!
Save the Landraces