What's new

:::::::INFOWARS News Thread:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

packerfan79

Veteran
We can agree to disagree on that. You could replace antifa in your argument with the kkk and the only difference would be the race attacked and the decade.

Same political party is behind both terrorist groups, both are equally disgusting. Judging people based upon race is fundamentally unamerican. All I care about is the color of your character.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes - we are all in this world together - and if we have disagreements - then its best to talk about them, debate them - then come to some sort of amicable agreement over them - either compromise and/or agree to disagree - There should be no need for violence in a civilized world - unless its in a dojo or a boxing ring etc - diplomacy and democracy work best - always.

How far has human civilization advanced over the last millennium - so far we have come - and many have fought and died for the freedoms and liberties we all virtually take for granted these days - So most will never realize what we have - till its gone.

The problem is that humanity is still half-way stuck in the tribal past - and societies/nations need to evolve and 'catch-up' with the modern civilized world - casting off the shackles of medieval ideologies and doctrines - people need to rise up and tear down what is bad - to replace it with the good. - but then what might be good to you and me - is fundamentally bad to many others - so there is the rub.

beta

Veteran
Yes - we are all in this world together - and if we have disagreements - then its best to talk about them, debate them - then come to some sort of amicable agreement over them - either compromise and/or agree to disagree - There should be no need for violence in a civilized world - unless its in a dojo or a boxing ring etc - diplomacy and democracy work best - always.

How far has human civilization advanced over the last millennium - so far we have come - and many have fought and died for the freedoms and liberties we all virtually take for granted these days - So most will never realize what we have - till its gone.

I definitely dig the sentiment of your post here but I can't help but notice the contradiction - On one hand you say there is no need for violence, but on the other hand you talk about how far we have advanced through fighting and dying for our freedoms, aka violence.

beta

Veteran
We can agree to disagree on that. You could replace antifa in your argument with the kkk and the only difference would be the race attacked and the decade.

I genuinely don't understand what you're saying here - Can you rephrase what I said using the KKK as an example?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.infowars.com/two-catholic-statues-decapitated-in-ireland/

Two Catholic Statues Decapitated in Ireland

Desecrations part of trend sweeping Europe

Paul Joseph Watson | Infowars.com - July 3, 2019 Comments

Two more Catholic statues have been decapitated, this time in Ireland, as part of a trend that is seemingly spreading across Europe.
The marble statue of Catholic Archbishop Patrick Leahy situated outside Thurles Cathedral of the Assumption in County Tipperary was decapitated and the head stolen.
The beheading was described as a “needless act of vandalism” by authorities.
“I have been moved by the reaction of the people of the town of Thurles, and throughout the diocese, arising from this act of vandalism,” said Archbishop O’Reilly. “It is my hope that the statue can be restored as soon as possible.”
Another statue located in a rural location was also beheaded.
The perpetrators remain unknown. Speculation that the culprits could have been gypsy travelers was dismissed by commentator Gemma O’Doherty, who said this was highly unlikely because many gypsies are Catholic.
As we have highlighted, these two latest incidents appear to be part of a trend that is spreading across Europe.
Back in April, a statue of the Virgin Mary was decapitated in a small French village, one of a deluge of anti-Christian attacks in France which numbered almost 900 in 2018 alone.
Later that month, a Catholic church in Glasgow, Scotland was trashed by vandals in yet another random act of desecration.
Two more Christian statues, one in Germany and one in Canada, were also beheaded in May.
SUBSCRIBE on YouTube:
Follow on Twitter:
———————————————————————————————————————
There is a war on free speech. Without your support, my voice will be silenced.
Please sign up for the free newsletter here. Donate to me on SubscribeStar here.
Support my sponsor – Turbo Force – a supercharged boost of clean energy without the comedown.
———————————————————————————————————————

beta

Veteran
That's bullshit, I have consistently said I would stand by anyone's right to free speech. Even people like you that I fundamentally disagree with.

I asked you specifically what you thought of those two examples and you never replied. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, so I'll ask again:

Do you think Ilhan Omar should be allowed to criticize Israel however she sees fit?

Do you believe that I should be allowed to burn an American flag for any reason without consequence?

Wendull C.

Veteran
That's all fair for sure.

Please keep in mind that the kkk sees black nationalism as a violent threat against white people, which it is. In their view, they are engaged in community self defense.

You may disagree with that, but this isn't an issue where they think they're shutting down speech. They're shutting down violent threats against their fellow community members.

There you go. It's that easy to take one's speech away given the hate speech logic. Sounds good to silence those you find abhorrent, but the same can turn on you when the powers that be change.

In wanting to curtail speech you deem hateful you are actually curtailing your ow right to speak out against it depending on who decides.

As John Henry ( I believe) said " I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

White Beard

Is Hate Speech... Free Speech?

Does free speech protect hate speech? What is hate speech? Is lawlessness freedom? You keep saying "The First Amendment..." I do not think it means what you think it means... Or does it? FREEDOM ISN'T FREE! Is Free Speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJALPCjYBTI

[YOUTUBEIF]WJALPCjYBTI[/YOUTUBEIF]

Free Speech 2: Censorship Boogaloo

infowars and hate speech doers are censored! what do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlFdykutQ0g

[YOUTUBEIF]SlFdykutQ0g[/YOUTUBEIF]

This reminds me of the Trial and execution of Socrates.
Western civ have always found a weakness Athenian democracy in their action against Socrates, s the Athenians we’re proud of their history and principle of free speech.

Strangely, it gets overlooked that he wasn’t ‘simply’ speaking freely - he was using that speech to discredit and undo that freedom, and the Athenians saw him and his teachings as existential threats...it also gets overlooked that several of his students took their lessons from their master, and got themselves installed as tyrants in Thebes and Corinth, which they ran as their personal wading pools until they were overthrown.

beta

Veteran
HcuZIT5w8xJLMXoISDexG1GNz5Dj7xHO_QGeueMtdPU.jpg

This reminds me of the Trial and execution of Socrates.
Western civ have always found a weakness Athenian democracy in their action against Socrates, s the Athenians we’re proud of their history and principle of free speech.

Strangely, it gets overlooked that he wasn’t ‘simply’ speaking freely - he was using that speech to discredit and undo that freedom, and the Athenians saw him and his teachings as existential threats...it also gets overlooked that several of his students took their lessons fro mother master, and got themselves installed as tyrants in Thebes and Corinth, which they ran as their personal wading pools.

White Beard

There you go. It's that easy to take one's speech away given the hate speech logic. Sounds good to silence those you find abhorrent, but the same can turn on you when the powers that be change.

In wanting to curtail speech you deem hateful you are actually curtailing your ow right to speak out against it depending on who decides.

As John Henry ( I believe) said " I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

But as I recall, you don’t like the government and don’t trust it - you believe in private entities giving you more freedom for less cost.

So now you’re arguing that private companies should not take steps and enact policies as seem good to them. Should they not be “allowed”?

White Beard

Nice false equivalence: of course both anti fascist and kkk view white nationalism as a threat to non-whites. The all-important difference is kkk seeks to use it, antifa seeks to stop them

Wendull C.

Veteran
I believe private companies should be allowed to make their own rules about what speech is acceptable in the work place. To a point where its legality is not questioned.

I am speaking specifically about the government restricting speech.

I can't date the girl I want in my engineering office. That is fine. It is their company. But after all, what they don't know won't hurt them....;)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
There has to come a point where the humane triumphs within humanity - or we are all doomed - especially in this modern age with such weapons of mass destruction - all it takes is a few extremists with dirty nuclear bombs to set it all off -

Maybe we will have no choice but to fight for our freedoms once again? - but this time far more than 20 million people will die - The elites have prepared for it with their underground bunkers - so it will be the common people - you and me that will be the missile fodder.

This is why we all need to get along in peace, love and harmony - no matter who or what you love - no matter what creed or colour you may be - if this world is to progress.

I definitely dig the sentiment of your post here but I can't help but notice the contradiction - On one hand you say there is no need for violence, but on the other hand you talk about how far we have advanced through fighting and dying for our freedoms, aka violence.

White Beard

I believe private companies should be allowed to make their own rules about what speech is acceptable in the work place. To a point where its legality is not questioned.

I am speaking specifically about the government restricting speech.

I can't date the girl I want in my engineering office. That is fine. It is their company. But after all, what they don't know won't hurt them....;)

Do you think government IS restricting speech?
Do you think the current administration is involved?

packerfan79

Veteran
I asked you specifically what you thought of those two examples and you never replied. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, so I'll ask again:

Do you think Ilhan Omar should be allowed to criticize Israel however she sees fit?

Do you believe that I should be allowed to burn an American flag for any reason without consequence?

I fully support her right to say what she feels she needs to. I Also have the right to say what I think about it.

Burn the flag if you feel you need to. I think it's disgusting and disrespectful, but it's your choice.

I don't think their should be governmental consequence.

I am entirely consistent, free speech is not limited, but to overt call to violence.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.newswars.com/dem-rep-wants-to-prosecute-people-who-mock-congress/

Dem Rep. Wants to Prosecute People Who Mock Congress

Openly calls for criminal prosecution of free speech

Image Credits: Cheriss May/NurPhoto via Getty Images.

By Kit Daniels | INFOWARS.COM Wednesday, July 03, 2019
Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.) said she wants to shut down and prosecute people who make fun of Congress online.
“Those people who are online making fun of members of Congress are a disgrace,” she said during a recent speech in Homestead. “And there’s no need for anyone to think that is unacceptable.”
Wilson also seemed to imply that she wanted to work together with Big Tech to censor on-line speech.
“We’re going to shut them down and to work with whoever it is to shut them down, and they should be prosecuted.”
DNA Force Plus - Overhaul your body's cellular engine with this fan-favorite formula!
She also bizarrely claimed that mocking Congress is “against the law.”
“You cannot intimidate members of Congress – private members of Congress – it is against the law and it’s a shame in this United States of America.”

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/bill-of-rights-transcript

Constitution of the United States of America--Bill of Rights

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Status
Not open for further replies.