What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Lebanizer

CBN, watch that podcast with Todd and Joe Rogan
So I took the time to listen to that very old podcast. I had forgotten how much of an ordeal listening to Joe Rogan is. Really painful. The part you are refering to is PART 2 from 52m30s on. This is the correct link : https : // open.spotify.com /episode/ 28nbdxDHScHN2XFpgGXnDQ (without spaces).

As I expected, Todd McCormick is confusing CBN with CBD in that interview. Let’s just say he was tired. CBN is a product of THC oxydation (ie degradation) and makes you feel sedated and sleepy. CBN is NOT found in the living plant.

The only interesting part of that podcast is when Todd MCormick is rightfully trying to correct Rogan’s stubborn views on cannabis taxonomy. I must confess I thought that was unintentionnally funny. I would have shared McCormick's frustration.

I’m also unsure why you pointed to all those auto/wild strains ? What were you trying to express ?

Last edited:

Lebanizer

I have yet to germinate my Nanda Devi seeds. What are your observations on this strain ?
That it's a Himalayan strain with all the usual Himalayan caveats but also that it's awesome and has a unique kick that borders on the mystical and is very special with a lot of character. And don't get me started on the lush body high (and I did say high not stone). Watch out for the red eyes ;) :ROFLMAO: !

Last edited:

revegeta666

Hi guys, just checking the RSC catalog for the first time and want to order a few things. Maybe this question was asked before, sorry if it was: has anyone here grown both RSC and Ace lebanese seeds? Just curious how both lines differ. The ace ones look much more thin and bushy while the RSC ones are more WLD like. At least at first glance. Any major differences in effect?

xet

cbn.png

purecompound.png

https://sci-hub.st/https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/B978044464183000004X

Ugg explain more simple.

Ugg say listen whole podcast, ugg link correct, Scrooge wrong.

Ugg like CBN smoke.

UV ray make CBN big plenty in plant.

UV strong in equator and high altitude.

CBN higher on plant punish by UV.

Other science article say incomplete research for UV effects on plant.

Ebenezer Scrooge no expert on CBN.

High Times no encyclopedia, this wrong.

bye bye

goingrey

View attachment 18755566
View attachment 18755568
https://sci-hub.st/https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/B978044464183000004X

Ugg explain more simple.

Ugg say listen whole podcast, ugg link correct, Scrooge wrong.

Ugg like CBN smoke.

UV ray make CBN big plenty in plant.

UV strong in equator and high altitude.

CBN higher on plant punish by UV.

Other science article say incomplete research for UV effects on plant.

Ebenezer Scrooge no expert on CBN.

High Times no encyclopedia, this wrong.

bye bye
What you have highlighted only seems to validate his point of CBN being a THC oxidation byproduct.

Sure it can happen in live plants too. Due to draught or excess heat or physical damage to plants, many reasons, why not even UV exposure. But for most people here the main reason would be a late harvest (amber trichs).

xet

CBN = ISOLATION ARTIFACT DERIVED VIA AROMITIZATION OF INTERMEDIATE STRUCTURES
Imagine UV Index of 15+. the plant still needs sufficient THC/CBD/et al to protect itself so production of these compounds continues in similitude with the CBN.

I guess armchair quarterbacks write it off as an accident or just dumb their self down simply referencing it as oxidation or improbable without being old or maintaining some sort of assistance getting there, like it's a fluke the plant produces it in 15+ UV Indexes lol "it wouldn't do it without the UV!" yeah no shit, and since people cannot read or don't want to or have severe psychosis and have to count their words like 30 shekels ... that science article says significant differences are observed in grown plants

"when the student is ready"

UV-index-infographic.png
Global_clear-sky_UV_index_26_March_2001_pillars.jpg

goingrey

Very interesting results. Obviously it is a test for sun curing and not live plants though. Also, cool little solar simulator but no mention of the spectrum, and it has to be said that I can think of an easier way to test sun curing than making a simulator like that. :D

RobFromTX

Hi guys, just checking the RSC catalog for the first time and want to order a few things. Maybe this question was asked before, sorry if it was: has anyone here grown both RSC and Ace lebanese seeds? Just curious how both lines differ. The ace ones look much more thin and bushy while the RSC ones are more WLD like. At least at first glance. Any major differences in effect?
Thy both sound great. But i would imagine the RSC being more "wild". I wish there was more grow reviews on them

blondie

Well that was fucked. Apparently even though the website says visa MasterCard accepted it’s not accepted for US orders. Unfortunately you have to go through all the order process bullshit before that is revealed.

Piff_cat

So I took the time to listen to that very old podcast. I had forgotten how much of an ordeal listening to Joe Rogan is. Really painful. The part you are refering to is PART 2 from 52m30s on. This is the correct link : https : // open.spotify.com /episode/ 28nbdxDHScHN2XFpgGXnDQ (without spaces).

As I expected, Todd McCormick is confusing CBN with CBD in that interview. Let’s just say he was tired. CBN is a product of THC oxydation (ie degradation) and makes you feel sedated and sleepy. CBN is NOT found in the living plant.

The only interesting part of that podcast is when Todd MCormick is rightfully trying to correct Rogan’s stubborn views on cannabis taxonomy. I must confess I thought that was unintentionnally funny. I would have shared McCormick's frustration.

I’m also unsure why you pointed to all those auto/wild strains ? What were you trying to express ?
i dont like todd mccormick but cbn can be on a living plant. usually thai. cbn is oxidized thc its an artifact. however the plant does not neccesarily need to be dead for this to happen. there have also been indications that oxidation may not be the only way of producing the artifact. stuff like lowland thai and cambodian often has high cbn because of their long flower time humid enviorment and early resin. im thinking that the thais which cure to brown (thru oxidation) may have a faster route from thc to cbn since theyve must rely heavily on oxidation in order to develope the brown bud oxidation trait.

now chromene cannabinoids derived from cbc also have an artifact- cbl. this situation is made even crazier. cbc has been determined to be an active substrate acted on by cbt synthases, 9 of which have been determined so far. just in the same way cbg is acted on to make cbc/cbd/thc. cbt even resembles thc structurally but has an additional carbonyl component.
the old haze lines all show varying mixtures of cbc, cbl, and cbt. rhododendrons with trichomes from himilayas to tibet to yunnan and on to korea/japan all synthesize chromene cannabinoids and oxygenated sequiterpenes very similar in profile to haze

nono_fr

I received my order of Sinaï - fast delivery ! thank you ngakpa / angus !

the current freebies are 12 Kumaoni Himalayan ( a charas outdoor i will try indoor ... ) + 5 Afghan Mix ( mazari and her sisters ... )

all the seeds are nice : :love:
sinai_seeds_DSCF0003_ok.JPG

I only buy 5 Sinaï seeds but if it is ok i will buy some others to have genetics choice to select !

the real seed company rox ! :dance013:

:smoweed:
I will post more pics when pop them in one month I think !

Latest posts

Latest posts