What's new

Info on The Real Seed Company?

nono_fr

Sinaï seedlings

sinai_02_DSCF0003.JPG

description from the real seed company - https://therealseedcompany.com/product/sinai-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/
Indica-type expressions range from 0.6 to 1.5 metres and have a compact Christmas-tree profile. Sativa-type plants range 1.3 to 1.8 metres and have a trainable ‘vine’ habit with prolific branching. Both types express a unique rose scent, with Indica types intensely pungent during vegetative growth but developing tangy ‘Turkish delight’ aromas during flower. Buds grow in a foxtail structure, are reasonably airy, and are resinous. Buds of Indica-type plants are less leafy and more dense.

If the smoke will be good,I will hunt to have " a trainable ‘vine’ habit with prolific branching " male and female phenotype to cross .

Hempy McNoodle

Something I picked up from an OG and GOAT...

Not a rule or anything, just a way to be ..

Consider reproducing the landraces pure and then mixing the buds instead of the genetics. It's not a rule but it's a real way to preserve the landraces and "hybridize" your medicinal experience for example you can always 50/50 the bud mixture or 25/75 etc without having to hybridize the genetics. This is also, perhaps, the most effective strategy for maintaining total control on how much influence a strain has when you are imbibing because you can on the fly choose whether it is 1/4 thai, 3/4 kush, without ever having to hybridize, and you can find star plants for the landraces and combine these star buds while combining the genetics thru hybridization would be far more difficult and time consuming; and, in the long run if everyone hybridizes then we lose the landraces, it's a real win win when you put on your highman being hat and think about it.

Bless up yall
That's egg-zaktlee why I pollinated the female Greeks first! Pure Preservation! :good:
The cross was more of an afterthought.

funkyhorse

I am reading the description of Sinai by RSC and have to make a few clarifications

Description​

Genetics: Traditional Sinai Domesticate
Sourcing:
The Real Seed Company, Sinai, Egypt, 1990 – 1997
Purpose: Hashish (sieved resin) or bud
Latitude: 29° N
Regional Harvest: September
Height: 0.6 – 1.8 metres
Aroma: Unique tangy rose, hashy Indica notes
Characteristics: Early maturing, semi-autoflowering, hardy, unique terpenes, Indica- and Sativa-type morphology
Classification: C. sativa subsp. indica var. afghanica x C. sativa subsp. indica var. indica
Grow Type: Outdoors, greenhouse, or indoors

Accessions of this Sinai strain were collected in the mountains of Egypt between 1990 and 1997. This domesticate exhibits unique terpenes, a special high, and sought-after Indica-type plants. This is a fast-flowering plant that can show day-neutral (‘semi-autoflowering’) traits.

Indica-type expressions range from 0.6 to 1.5 metres and have a compact Christmas-tree profile. Sativa-type plants range 1.3 to 1.8 metres and have a trainable ‘vine’ habit with prolific branching. Both types express a unique rose scent, with Indica types intensely pungent during vegetative growth but developing tangy ‘Turkish delight’ aromas during flower. Buds grow in a foxtail structure, are reasonably airy, and are resinous. Buds of Indica-type plants are less leafy and more dense.

This Sinai domesticate is very hardy due to the demanding conditions in Egypt’s mountains, which range from 50°c and high humidity in summer to dry, freezing conditions in winter. Cultivation by Bedouin in the wadi is basic, occasionally using mud brought in from the Nile, but usually only camel dung.

The high from Sinai is distinctive, with a medicating and blissful effect. A customer writes, “the Sinai strain is wonderful, nothing in the local dispensaries can compare. Very good for depression / anxiety and pain.”

Domesticates native to Sinai share more traits with strains found to the north in the Middle East, which is the direction from which they originally diffused out of Central Asia, than with those found to the south in Sub-Saharan Africa.
1)I went to Sinai often until 1993. Bedouins never made hash. What they offered was always sativa buds, loose airy buds
Hash was available in Sinai in the 80s but the hash was not from Sinai. In the 90s it was gone, no more hash
So when the description says purpose hash I am afraid we are not talking about Sinai weed, certainly not from the time frame involved

2)Summer in Sinai is very dry, not humid at all. If it would be humid, standing outside with 50C would be hell. 50C in dry weather while it is hot, it is bearable
Winters in the high mountains peaks are cold, but I doubt they are growing ganja at the mountain peak
Down in the wadi and the beaches of the Red Sea temperatures for winter are between 15-25C, coldest night is around 10C. Always dry weather, very dry

3)What are the chances of this strain getting mixed with other stuff like "Turkish delights" or other middle eastern strains when doing the repros and then searching for the indica buds?
How come this Sinai from 1990 is an indica??? It was never indica at least until 1993, it was always sativa and I doubt it changed, the climate is very challenging
So this is a repro done in Europe far away from its native land. Anything can happen then, things get mixed up and a sativa strain is turned into an indica by the power of magic

I am surprised Sinai is not popular in a country like Spain with such similar weather at least in the south of the country

troutman

Seed Whore
This is too late for botrylis, but for next time ...

I bought 50g Trichoderma Harzianum Microbial for Agriculture Bacterial Powdery Mildew Biological for Root Rot of Vegetables Fruits Flower, to the chinese ( € 4,79 / US $4.62 / £4.15 )

I use Great White and it has Trichoderma Harzianum and so much more. ;)

Check my post here.

nono_fr

These are 4 Sinai RSC seedlings side by side with 2 Lebanese from Ace Seeds which are from the neighbouring desert and should grow both of them similarly.
I think about cross sinaï with lebanese because of the middle eastern family, but if the sinaï needs boost of THC there is also the sudanese .

description - https://therealseedcompany.com/product/sudanese-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/
Powerful complex aromas such as pungent aniseed, citrus-peel, and spices are reminiscent of our Sinai accessions. Similarly, two main structural variants are exhibited. Possibly the two accessions are related East African groups.
:watchplant:

RobFromTX

My kwik seeds order will arive any day now and id sure love some grow info on the master kush 1990 if anyone has some. Ive read enough on the Friesland and Afghan 90 to know theyre good to go but watered down dutch strains are pretty hit or miss. Please let me know if youve grown it out

nono_fr

The Sinaï are vigorous

sinai_03_DSCF0031.JPG

Yesterday, I opens 2 coco nuts :

sinai_03_DSCF0007.JPG

and I resisted drinking the coconut water to save it for my Sinai. I made a little in a bottle:

sinai_03_DSCF0018.JPG

this is water for ( coco ) seeds !

some informations -> How Coconut Water for Plants is the Most Amazing Organic Fertilizer
https://balconygardenweb.com/how-coconut-water-for-plants-is-the-most-amazing-organic-fertilizer/

1. Coconut water contains Gibberellic acid, which helps to boost the germination of seeds and speeds up root development.
  2. It is an excellent source of magnesium, calcium, and other beneficial minerals that will provide an additional boost in a plant’s growth.
  3. Coconut water contains cytokinin hormones that also trigger the plants to divide their cells into growing shoots and roots, resulting in bushier growth. One report states that Coconut milk and water, which is the liquid endosperm, stimulate cell division.
  4. Being rich in minerals, vitamins, and amino acids, it offers uncontaminated nutritional support for the development of good bacteria that are vital for plant growth.
  5. All this proves that it is an efficient organic fertilizer provided by nature.

Coconut Water as Rooting Hormone

As coconut water contains Auxins (plant hormones that regulate growth), you can use it as a successful rooting hormone. According to one Sri Lankan study–coconut water was used to propagate Ixora plant cuttings, and the result was positive; you can read more about it at Research Gate.

and here -> Liquid fertilizer formulated from coconut water: its effect on the growth and yield of pechay and on soil properties
https://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search.do?recordID=PH1998010080

Results of the experiment revealed that formulated coconut water could be used as alternative fertilizer. The following were observed: (1) The formulated coconut water is comparable to the commercial liquid fertilizer based on the physico-chemical tests conducted; (2) Formulated coconut water is as effective as the commercial liquid fertilizer in terms of its effect on height, fresh weight, and number of leaves of pechay; (3) Commercial liquid fertilizer and formulated coconut water are almost comparable in terms of their effects on soil pH, soil organic matter, and soil available phosphorus. On the contrary, the effect of formulated coconut water on soil exchangeable K is greater than commercial liquid fertilizer which make it a very good source of K for growing plants and for soil deficient in soil K; (4) The formulated coconut water fertilizer cost less and it is as effective as commercial liquid fertilizer

I will give a little in the watering water during the seedling period .

:smoweed:

Last edited:

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
The Sinaï are vigorous

View attachment 18765770

Yesterday, I opens 2 coco nuts :

View attachment 18765771

and I resisted drinking the coconut water to save it for my Sinai. I made a little in a bottle:

View attachment 18765772

this is water for ( coco ) seeds !

some informations -> How Coconut Water for Plants is the Most Amazing Organic Fertilizer
https://balconygardenweb.com/how-coconut-water-for-plants-is-the-most-amazing-organic-fertilizer/

and here -> Liquid fertilizer formulated from coconut water: its effect on the growth and yield of pechay and on soil properties
https://agris.fao.org/agris-search/search.do?recordID=PH1998010080

I will give a little in the watering water during the seedling period .

:smoweed:
image (8).jpeg

Movement13

My kwik seeds order will arive any day now and id sure love some grow info on the master kush 1990 if anyone has some. Ive read enough on the Friesland and Afghan 90 to know theyre good to go but watered down dutch strains are pretty hit or miss. Please let me know if youve grown it out
my 1990s master kush smells just like fruity pebbles im pretty stoked to try it. should be ready to chop in a couple weeks. ill post a pic if you want

FletchF.Fletch

420club
image.jpeg

Tirah in Pro-Mix amended with 1/2 tsp Dr. Earth Flower Girl dry fertilizer per plastic cup. Just given a spray to prevent Thrips. 10 Sprouts for 12 Seeds; one runt yellowed out after not developing true leaves. So 9 healthy plants. Planning to pollinate any Purple pistil plants. Say that 5 times fast!

Hempy McNoodle

I am reading the description of Sinai by RSC and have to make a few clarifications

1)I went to Sinai often until 1993. Bedouins never made hash. What they offered was always sativa buds, loose airy buds
Hash was available in Sinai in the 80s but the hash was not from Sinai. In the 90s it was gone, no more hash
So when the description says purpose hash I am afraid we are not talking about Sinai weed, certainly not from the time frame involved

2)Summer in Sinai is very dry, not humid at all. If it would be humid, standing outside with 50C would be hell. 50C in dry weather while it is hot, it is bearable
Winters in the high mountains peaks are cold, but I doubt they are growing ganja at the mountain peak
Down in the wadi and the beaches of the Red Sea temperatures for winter are between 15-25C, coldest night is around 10C. Always dry weather, very dry

3)What are the chances of this strain getting mixed with other stuff like "Turkish delights" or other middle eastern strains when doing the repros and then searching for the indica buds?
How come this Sinai from 1990 is an indica??? It was never indica at least until 1993, it was always sativa and I doubt it changed, the climate is very challenging
So this is a repro done in Europe far away from its native land. Anything can happen then, things get mixed up and a sativa strain is turned into an indica by the power of magic

I am surprised Sinai is not popular in a country like Spain with such similar weather at least in the south of the country
My understanding is that sativa/indica aren't really useful descriptions for the red sea regions and the area north of it like Lebanon. Also, Sinai is not a city or locality, but is the entire peninsular region of Egypt (the 'Sinai Peninsula'). I don't know for sure, but I am led to believe the source may have been Dahab (not that Angus has indicated this - it is just a guess on my part after reading that this is one of the locations for a popular Cannabis seed market for the peninsula). If you look at footage of lebanese plants growing naturally or domestically, they look almost the same as TRSC Sinai (except more robust). I'm sure people made hash all through the 90s and still today. You probably just weren't able to find it (I'd guess).

funkyhorse

My understanding is that sativa/indica aren't really useful descriptions for the red sea regions and the area north of it like Lebanon. Also, Sinai is not a city or locality, but is the entire peninsular region of Egypt (the 'Sinai Peninsula'). I don't know for sure, but I am led to believe the source may have been Dahab (not that Angus has indicated this - it is just a guess on my part after reading that this is one of the locations for a popular Cannabis seed market for the peninsula). If you look at footage of lebanese plants growing naturally or domestically, they look almost the same as TRSC Sinai (except more robust). I'm sure people made hash all through the 90s and still today. You probably just weren't able to find it (I'd guess).
Hi there hempy
We were talking about this in the hashplants thread
I lived during that timeframe in the Red Sea. I was going to Dahab, Tarabin and Ras A Satan beaches quite often. After 1990 the closest place from the Red Sea Coast Sinai Peninsula you could source hash was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_el-Khalili
The hash they sold to tourist at Khan el Khalili was very dark, almost black. Very low quality coming from Sudan. When sudanese foreign workers were arriving to Dahab with this hash and got caught smoking that by their bedouin bosses, local bedouins laughed at them, their ganja was/is so much better

Hempy McNoodle

Hi there hempy
We were talking about this in the hashplants thread
I lived during that timeframe in the Red Sea. I was going to Dahab, Tarabin and Ras A Satan beaches quite often. After 1990 the closest place from the Red Sea Coast Sinai Peninsula you could source hash was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khan_el-Khalili
The hash they sold to tourist at Khan el Khalili was very dark, almost black. Very low quality coming from Sudan. When sudanese foreign workers were arriving to Dahab with this hash and got caught smoking that by their bedouin bosses, local bedouins laughed at them, their ganja was/is so much better
Very interesting. I did not know that. Thanks for the info funkyhorse! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts