What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

funkyhorse

Hi there everybody
All the south east asian strains I grew had intersex issues except Ukhrul. It might be the genetics, environmental or both

I am sprouting now the Red Thai hybridized with Swazi, so I might have a glance at it hybridized
I dont know the Red Thai
I am comparing with the stuff I smoked in Laos myself, in fact I am comparing all of the commercial canna strains with the weed I smoked in real life all over south east asia

herbgreen

Veteran
experience is almost more valuable than the genetics

Just knowing what it was like I remember what weed was like

Getting back to that Its interesting to try......:smokeit:

funkyhorse

I look for the stuff I smoked in my life and I believe it is all gone, only a few things are still alive
Weed had character. Every single batch was different of any landrace strain back in the 20th century

Now the high is tending to be homogeneous

I didnt like the Ukhrul, but it is me and having the chance to compare it side by side with Ohz and Cg72 or other Lao varieties, it wasnt too hard for me to send it to the tumbler. I am looking for better than haze as a starting point and not as a roof. Ukhrul for me was a couple of levels below haze
For a plant taking same time or longer than the longest haze flowering phenos, it was a dissapointment for me and not worth the time, effort and space involved in finnishing them properly. They are really beautiful plants though but I grow ganja for the high and not for the beauty

SUPER_HAZE

I also have ukhrul and manipur seeds from rsc but I haven't tried them yet. Between the two I will have about 180 seeds.

When you buy seeds like this you can't expect to plant a few plants and come up with something spectacular. You have to be very lucky to get something very good out of 10 seeds.

If you look at pandora seed bank instagram there are photos of mango thai and lao gold and it seems that there is some kind of hybridization.

I think we're going crazy. We see a nice name or description and we run to buy seeds even without seeing the photos.
rsc has varieties like highland lao 2, kasi... Without a photo and other varieties with photos of growing plants... WTF?

We shopped blindly hoping to find the holy grail. Also many varieties have the same name but are not the same seeds.For example manipur purchased and manipur seeds as a gift or highland lao 2...

funkyhorse

Hola SUPER_HAZE

Ukhrul and Manipuri are outdoor varieties
The Manipuri freebies are an intersex festival

What you got for Mango Thai is this: https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...and-laos-bohdi

Pictures can be changed, same as seeds and stories, the names remain

But your Mango Thai/PHL 2019 batch is not hybridized. It seems to be pure race/IBL. At least the plants I am getting from the seed I made after discarding all runts, have no runt/lack of vigour problem and they all look same same, even if they are sons of 4 different combinations of parents
And it is also clearly dominant in a cross, at least in the one I am trying to see how it is
No hermaphroditism and no botrytis problem on Purple Highland Laos. It has good reviews. It is clearly an outdoor variety and this batch was clearly done by an amateur or somebody who didnt care at all. It is not to difficult to select runts out for such high prices charged

By the time I bought the goods, the seedbank had good reputation.
My experience is customer service and shipping all very good.
But authenticity of strains, traceability and quality of the repros leaves a lot to be desired and certainly has plenty of place to improve

Lebanizer

I look for the stuff I smoked in my life and I believe it is all gone, only a few things are still alive
Weed had character. Every single batch was different of any landrace strain back in the 20th century

Now the high is tending to be homogeneous

I didnt like the Ukhrul, but it is me and having the chance to compare it side by side with Ohz and Cg72 or other Lao varieties, it wasnt too hard for me to send it to the tumbler. I am looking for better than haze as a starting point and not as a roof. Ukhrul for me was a couple of levels below haze
For a plant taking same time or longer than the longest haze flowering phenos, it was a dissapointment for me and not worth the time, effort and space involved in finnishing them properly. They are really beautiful plants though but I grow ganja for the high and not for the beauty

If you were to compare Ukhrul not to Haze but to any ganja, would you still rate it so low ?

funkyhorse

If you were to compare Ukhrul not to Haze but to any ganja, would you still rate it so low ?

Ukhrul is a very long flowering variety. In the northern hemisphere outdoors it would be ready on january
So I think it is fair to match it with a similar long flowering variety
I compared it to a few different long flowering varieties and neither Ukhrul nor Manipuri freebie I liked, they had similar mild highs
The Highland Laos is very long flowering too and was better high. The downside of it for me is its extreme munchies which makes it good to enjoy it in a barbeque but not so much for everyday

Ukhrul, is a mild one hour or less ganja high if it is the first spliff/vape of the day
6 months growing it outdoors plus 3 months curing for this type of high is not what I crave in ganja growing.
It is a beautiful huge plant with good productivity outdoors grown and mild high

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^That was the Highland Laos 1 that you grew? Interesting that the Manipur did not produce anything of value for you. I love that strain and it is strong enough for me. It is a very clear type effect so some may not perceive it as being strong enough.

funkyhorse

Yes, was the Highland Laos 1 the one I grew
And the Manipuri I grew were the freebies, and I understand the freebies are different from the pack sold with this same Manipuri name which have very good reviews
At least from the batch I grew, I found nothing valuable in those Manipuri freebies

harvestreaper

Veteran
I also have ukhrul and manipur seeds from rsc but I haven't tried them yet. Between the two I will have about 180 seeds.

When you buy seeds like this you can't expect to plant a few plants and come up with something spectacular. You have to be very lucky to get something very good out of 10 seeds.

If you look at pandora seed bank instagram there are photos of mango thai and lao gold and it seems that there is some kind of hybridization.

I think we're going crazy. We see a nice name or description and we run to buy seeds even without seeing the photos.
rsc has varieties like highland lao 2, kasi... Without a photo and other varieties with photos of growing plants... WTF?

We shopped blindly hoping to find the holy grail. Also many varieties have the same name but are not the same seeds.For example manipur purchased and manipur seeds as a gift or highland lao 2...

i bought the first release of uhkrul and got lucky a real good plant 1 out of 1 ,,i lost her but bred her to two diffrent males beforehand ,, i later went though 30 uhkrul from a few years later batch and found nothing i liked enuff to keep ,,for me if you looking for outstanding sativa plants in that varitey you would want to be planting at least 50 a go ,,,as they say luck fails most most of the time ,,best for me so far from rsc was the mango thai collected from laos

SUPER_HAZE

i bought the first release of uhkrul and got lucky a real good plant 1 out of 1 ,,i lost her but bred her to two diffrent males beforehand ,, i later went though 30 uhkrul from a few years later batch and found nothing i liked enuff to keep ,,for me if you looking for outstanding sativa plants in that varitey you would want to be planting at least 50 a go ,,,as they say luck fails most most of the time ,,best for me so far from rsc was the mango thai collected from laos

I'm not sure but i'd bet the early manipuri and uhkrul releases are better than the latest ones. I have enough seeds of both. It would be interesting to compare them...

harvestreaper

Veteran
I'm not sure but i'd bet the early manipuri and uhkrul releases are better than the latest ones. I have enough seeds of both. It would be interesting to compare them...

sure would ,,,,i made f2s of the first manipuris and crossed to a nanan bouclou male not grown any out myself but experianced friends liked it

Lebanizer

Interesting comment. Many years ago, their Nanda Devi release was a mango/carrot strain and had the loveliest high. Recent releases aren't mango/carrot anymore and the high, while still retaining the unique Nanda Devi signature, isn't as good as the original mango/carrot. At least that's my perception.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I wouldn't dismiss any release as inferior based only on it being a freebie. They roll out everything as freebies when the germination rates go down. How many seedbanks do that? It's free seeds and I'm always happy to receive some.

RingtailCanyon

the manipuri seeds I have came 24 to the pack. I just took them out of the fridge. I'll pop some of those and the Laos Gold.
The manipuri are small seeds, medium to light gray with subtle stripes.
The lao gold are much larger, rounder, dark brown with distinct black stripes.
Yesum posted that he thought the Lao were afghan influenced by the high. Bummer.
Funkyhorse says the manipuri are intersex festival. Bummer.
I'll do these outdoors full season.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I am not certain that Afghan is in the Laos Gold. It is a very sativa effect and nice. I just wonder sometimes is all. The Gold and Laos 2 are hermie hell btw. Might have been me but I think it was genetics. I am willing to keep hermies if the high is exceptional. I have one purple Laos Gold that I took a sample bud off of and will smoke soon. I noticed the purple and while I had given up on that line, it looks different, so I will test it. The calyxes are purple not the leaves.

harvestreaper

Veteran
the manipuri seeds I have came 24 to the pack. I just took them out of the fridge. I'll pop some of those and the Laos Gold.
The manipuri are small seeds, medium to light gray with subtle stripes.
The lao gold are much larger, rounder, dark brown with distinct black stripes.
Yesum posted that he thought the Lao were afghan influenced by the high. Bummer.
Funkyhorse says the manipuri are intersex festival. Bummer.
I'll do these outdoors full season.

no hermi probs in manipuris for me was first release,, made f2s

RingtailCanyon

right on harvestreaper. I'll grow these in the subtropics at around 30N. I think they'll enjoy our hot summers. I rarely see intersex plants outdoors, but it does happen sometimes.

Latest posts

Latest posts