What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They have a few but lots of other types. ^^ On the Laos Gold I have had two hermies from it and culled one with the other getting banana removal. I moved the LG into a area where the pollen will not likely affect things. Gonna smoke the top of the culled one and decide if I want to continue with this line. It would have to be special to make me do that with the hermie problem.

Smoked the top and very nice high but not super tripped out or anything so that plant will go. Nice high for sure.

Last edited:

grayeyes

Why are there continuting questions here? If you read their webpages all your questions have been answered. Why duplicity?

djonkoman

Veteran
Anyone growing the Kasi ??:D

I got it, but no seedlings yet. you won't be seeing a full grow from me though, I'm primarily an outdoor grower and I don't have the setup to do a full grow indoor. I only have a few ledlights I use to start off my chili seedlings in spring, and which I'm now also using to keep some breeding projects with cannabis going through the dark days of winter.
so, I got these kasi purely for breeding purposes, since I won't be able to grow the pure thing to finish in my circumstances.

the first 2 seeds I put to germination never showed (still waiting on them, but it's been a couple weeks now, don't think they'll still come, although I've had surprises before), so I sowed 2 more a couple days ago. so hoping those will emerge.

Brother Nature

Here's a cross of Afghaan 90 x Kwik seeds C99
fetch?photoid=18081989.jpg

fetch?photoid=18081988.jpg

The stench on this plant is incredible, super skunky/burnt tires coupled with dank pineapple candy notes.

Brother Nature

/QUOTE]

Wow, the look of this plant, aside from it's pedigree, or it's end product, is just beautiful. The leaf structure, the symmetry, the curls, the color, the little happy buds of joy, it's just too beautiful. Aside from the highs, this plant has to be one of the most beautiful plants in the world. I think we should also grow and breed it as an ornamental, another way to decorate our gardens, but then get high too...

djonkoman

Veteran
I think we should also grow and breed it as an ornamental,
already sort of on that, in one of my lines I found a really cool ornamental trait I'm now working on in a few lines.
it's basically wasted labour/effort since I'm putting work in and it doesn't contribute to quality, but it's just too fun a trait to let it slide.

this trait is a purple coloration of stems/calyxes/buds (not that special), but the really cool thing is that the seed coats also become pink/purple. on ripe seeds you can't really see it anymore, they just dry to a really dark color, but if you peel open a calyx on an unripe seed it'll be pink insead of green.
and it inherits in a co-dominant way, in a heterozygous form it creates these nice reddish hues over the buds.
seems to inherit as a single gene too, so at least I can justify selecting for it to myself by saying it's not too much effort.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I went thru the Laos Highland 2 plants and settled on one and cloned it. I had another which was close and one that was meh. Electric bright effect, so much so that it is 'trippy' in that regard. Small amount smoked so a full on trip could result from smoking a decent amount. Still testing the Laos Gold but do not expect much. Nice high but not special.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just smoked a bud of the Gold and it was as expected. Nice/euphoric and pretty potent. Not as electric or trippy as the Highland. Have a few more plants of the Gold to smoke but I do not expect a change. I wonder if the Gold has been blended with some Afghan at some point. The Highland seems more wild and sativa looking as well as the high being more pure sativa imo. Either is nice, the Gold is not a hybrid high at all, just not so much a rocket ride I guess.

Not getting noids from either but the Highland can get a bit jittery sometimes.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No idea what you are saying. A landrace can be any modern strain that is adjusted to the land it has been in for a long time, the time varies. I want electric and bright trippy effects, I will take it any way it presents itself but narrow leaves and raw genetics are a steady indicator of this. C99 is none of that but at the same time lacks a bit of what I desire.

Lebanizer

No idea what you are saying. A landrace can be any modern strain that is adjusted to the land it has been in for a long time, the time varies. I want electric and bright trippy effects, I will take it any way it presents itself but narrow leaves and raw genetics are a steady indicator of this. C99 is none of that but at the same time lacks a bit of what I desire.

I have no intention of duplicating the "what is a landrace" thread so I'll rephrase. Given that these are supposed to be classic cultivars from SE Asian unrelated to the Western growing scene, what makes you wonder about the possibility of Afghan heritage in them ? What is just a random question (random questions are ok) or did you observe something in their growing pattern or in their high that was reminiscent of Afghan genetics ? I ask because I have acquired (but haven't grown yet) some of the Lao genetics from RSC and I'm therefore intrigued.

funkyhorse

Hi there Lebanizer
I am not intending to stir or create controversy, facts are facts
I have had a similar experience yesum is reporting on my grow of Highland Laos #1
These plants dont have the high of the strains that grew in Laos until not so long ago, not so long ago is 10-12 years
These batches seem to come from commercial growers who care for productivity and weight and not so much for the purity of the strain or intersex issues
Maybe there is still something left in Laos unhybridized but if there are still left any of those old unhybridized Lao strains,they are not arriving to the commercial seed market at the moment

I found extreme munchies in the Highland Laos girls, exxagerated. This feature was not in the original Lao I smoked there until not so long ago