What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Thule Bummer... but excited to see that some survived the accidental cull - extreme selection event!

Indeed. At least I have half of the genes living on. I just pollinated the green pheno with Ukhrul so there will be more seeds. The plants are a lot more vigorous than the mother so I hope there's lots of F1 magic going on with these. I think both phenotypes might turn out female so I ordered a bottle of colloidal silver just in case.

Green Squall

Sherberghan buds (outdoor grown.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	sherby.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.7 KB ID:	17964252

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew out one Laos Gold and got a male. Smoked the top and did not care for the high. It was not electric and not interesting. Never had Thai Stick but pretty sure this is not like it. Hope the Highland Laos 2 seeds pop. I wanted to do the whole pack but no room for even one.

I realize one male does not equal a scientific test of a strain but I have found this test be very accurate so far. Will pop a few of the Gold seeds next run but not excited.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
My malawi gold.

Got 11/13:biggrin:. One died after a few days and the last 2 sprouted a few days ago.

20211018_114723~2.jpg

20211018_114606~2.jpg

Got 1 freak, imo could be conjoined twins. Got 4 cotyledons and 2 tops early in veg.

20211018_114412~2.jpg

20211018_114507.jpg

achille

Veteran
Highland Lao#1. Quite large leaves and vigorous plants. Angus told me that it could come from a Chinese influence.
fetch?photoid=17970040.jpg

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Viet-Lao x Ukhrul

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	17970945 Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	173.2 KB ID:	17970946 Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	213.2 KB ID:	17970947

I find this phenotype quite Viet-Lao dominant. Droopy "dinosaur ganja" leaves with up to 11 leaflets. Takes forever to flower. The stem is all Ukhrul though. Not that shiny, round shaped "hemp style" trunk that the mother had. Must have been a pretty isolated genepool if the trait is so easily lost in outcrosses. Anyways I too think this is a case of c. chinensis influence just like achille's Lao up above. This isn't an indica hybrid ;) Not like we understand it. I have my suspicions every time I see a wide leaved sativa but I've seen no hybrid traits in either the Viet-Lao or any of the Manipuri strains. Yet all of them start out with dark, wide ass leaves. In fact every single highland sativa strain I've ever grown started out with wide leaves.

Attachments

• photo2080646.jpg
    photo2080646.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 18

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Popped a 5 pack of these Manipuri that I've had for about a year. Not sure if it is the sold or freebie pack. I bought a 5 pack and got a free pack but they were identical labels, not that it should matter All sprouted but only 3 came up? Not sure why.
Anyway they are on 11 hours from birth and still no sign of sex. They are maybe 5 weeks old and each day I bend the stems at right angles, and next day they pop up, as if nothing happened. Trying to keep height down. Indoors under a 415 w LED.
They are sharing a pot which isn't ideal but I am playing catch up following an attempted grow that turned all male.
Click image for larger version  Name:	Man 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	92.6 KB ID:	17975177

Attachments

• Man 1.jpg
    Man 1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

aliceklar

...each day I bend the stems at right angles, and next day they pop up, as if nothing happened. Trying to keep height down. Indoors under a 415 w LED.

Try clipping or tying the stalks down after you bend them. You can do a full U-bend down, tie with string or wire, and that really helps control the height on tall sativas. Its a technique I got from Verdant green. https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijua...ng-for-height-control?p=12398835#post12398835

One word of caution - dont try it immediately after watering or you will snap your stems. Do your training just *before* you water.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Try clipping or tying the stalks down after you bend them. You can do a full U-bend down, tie with string or wire, and that really helps control the height on tall sativas. Its a technique I got from Verdant green. https://www.icmag.com/forum/marijuan...5#post12398835

One word of caution - dont try it immediately after watering or you will snap your stems. Do your training just *before* you water.

Thanks for the suggestion and info. I am quite familiar with all sorts of training techniques. What I am trying to do is high stress training, or super cropping. Essentially half breaking the stem. I have been quite brutal with these and have already half snapped 2 stems. It makes little difference to these and I may end up doing as you suggest, tying them down as well. I find that low stress training simply doesn't work well enough with pure sativa's. They need more brutality.
Something like this:
https://www.growingmarijuanatips.com/super-cropping/
:gday:

aliceklar

Thanks for the suggestion and info. I am quite familiar with all sorts of training techniques. What I am trying to do is high stress training, or super cropping. Essentially half breaking the stem. I have been quite brutal with these and have already half snapped 2 stems. It makes little difference to these and I may end up doing as you suggest, tying them down as well. I find that low stress training simply doesn't work well enough with pure sativa's. They need more brutality.
Something like this:
https://www.growingmarijuanatips.com/super-cropping/
:gday:

Yes, absolutely - they are amazingly resilient! Good luck - watching with interest :)

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
On training I would suggest you start at the middle of the plant with bending and move up a bit after that and do the same several times reaching the top. The plant will have a curved look rather than a sharp right angle. I have to do this really often but can have wild sativas under 20 inches at harvest. They do go sideways, hehe.

LostTribe

Premium user
Highland Lao #1, my favorite phenotype, easy as hell to trim, pretty dense buds for a landrace narrow leaf tropical... No Hermie, flowered for 18 weeks today. I think the bud structure could be great outdoors, I am excited about this one. Makes you forget you exist. A complete exodus from the grips of The Matrix.. I made S1 seeds, and I am re-vegging this one one more time for breeding purpose and more S1's. Weed for space cases that need their space. 100% cerebral deep space exploration, no anxiety or paranaoia, but a heavy duty experience, that keeps you wanting more. For me this is what I really look for medicinally in a true "sativa" variety. Naturally turning purple with no cold weather or temperatures influencing.

That looks great how does she smell/taste?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Update on Viet-Lao x Ukhrul

First two pics are of the red phenotype. Just starting to flower but I managed to direct alot of the stretch to the lower branches. At this point I usually turn from LST to HST to stiffen those stems up a little bit.

Pheno two in the third pic is living completely in it's own pace. She caught me off guard with her fast flowering and modest stretch. I also got a bit carried away with the pollination so I'm not expecting much of a harvest. She is infact so fast flowering that I'm open to the idea that she might actually haven risen from accidental stray pollen from a fast Bodhi Nepalese I was working with at the time. She has fever leaflets, greener stems and somehow gives that Nepalese vibe to me. So maybe pheno number two is actually Viet-Lao x Annapurna Nepalese. I'd love that!

Either way she's a very fast half Laotian sativa. Maybe the Ukhrul breeds for fast phenotypes too. He might still be the daddy but let's keep an eye on this one.

vietlaoukh.jpg
vietlaukhr.jpg
vietlanep.jpg

Attachments

• vietlaukhr.jpg
    vietlaukhr.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 27

harvestreaper

Veteran
Watching this one with interest. I've grown (and liked) the RSC Johaar, and it looks similar to the Kumoani (also got seeds for this!).

20211111_113922.jpg

its a cut from this female thats currently drying,,grown out around 30 of these over a few years this one diffrent smell to all the ohers strong strawberry bubblegum decent resin got me intruiged enuff to try a cut and ive not even sampled it lol