What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

funkyhorse

Hi there Achille
I grew Highland Laos #1 side by side with CG72 outdoors and 2 other old Lao lines and 2008 Northern Thailand
All Laos and Thai lines have much bigger leaf than CG72 or Original Haze

From Highland Laos #1 I tried 3 seeds, obtained 2 girls and 1 hermie girl I culled. I found intersex plants in all Thai/Lao lines, it is probably environmental, I dont know if at home there would be so many intersex
I can compare this one to the other south east asians I tried. This one is much more productive than the older lines, big chunky buds with a nice high and a huge munchies I dislike. They are very different from the older lines. They seem to be aimed at commercial production. I like the high of the older south east asians lines better, maybe because that was what I enjoyed in Asia most. 3 plants had different looking buds, very different from CG72 and much more productive
For leaf reference, some shots of the Highland Laos #1 girl 2.
highland laos#1 fem 2 (3).jpeg
highland laos#1 fem 2 (4).jpeg
highland laos#1 fem 2 (2).jpeg
highland laos#1 fem 2.jpeg

Girl #1 had same wide leaves but flowers have thin leaf. She was attacked by local ants, she attracted the interest of local bugs, excellent bug resistance. Very different buds from girl 2 but similar high with a huge munchies
highland laos#1 fem 1.jpeg
highland laos#1 fem 1 (2).jpeg
highland laos#1 fem 1 (3).jpeg

I hope it helps

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Hey funkyhorse, they look great. It's great to see some Laos pics finally. Which Laos did you grow apart from 1? I am interested in Highland 2 and Gold. I am looking for a euphoric effect, or something like the old Thai stick. I have the Mango Thai which I haven't got around to yet, but from reviews not sure if it is what I want?

JudahSceptre, they look fantastic. :watchplant:

funkyhorse

Hi there Chi
The coronavirus pandemy is giving me the chance to grow some plants
I grew Luang Prabang from Gypsy which is old VangViengese from 2000. It was difficult germination and long vegetative. Out of 40 seeds 3 plants made it. I got 2 intersex girls and a girl. 1 intersex girl culled and the other was the first intersex girl I ever grew. Nothing special this one. I have the firm girl curing and it needs one more month before I test her. Smells and taste of this one are the best of all south east asians, I expect with such smells/taste to be a decent representation of old VangVieng weed
BLB/Super Laos from Wally which is the best south east asian strain I tried so far
Northern Thailand 2008 from Derg Corra Collective. Very difficult germination and same mutation stage and long veg like Luang Prabang. From 7 plants that made it I got 4 intersex girls and 3 firm girls. One of them is very nice

Those are different from the Highland Laos 1. Highland Laos 2 should be the same or very similar as the #1, it comes from another grower in the same area. It seems that around the year 2013 commercial southeast asian brick production started to move from Cambodia to Laos and it probably affected the older Lao landrace
The Mango Thai I have I dont count it as Lao or Thai, at least I dont believe the stories told about the version I got and sadly there is a lot of manipulation with seeds, strains and stories in the canna world. There were different batches sold under this name for at least 3 different strains. I got the Purple Highland Laos batch which seems to be a pure line. I will try again this one

The high of Old Thai Stick like Old Punto Rojo and other strains from 70s/80s seem to have been lost. What I am finding is that the best available ganja left today is the stuff I was smoking around the year 2000, what I smoked in the 80s and even 90s is gone.
If some old sativa strain was "preserved", it was done very far from their natural equatorial/tropical environment and strains instead of preserved became degraded, what you would call rope
Chi, if you find real Old Thai Stick, please let me know. I really want to try that

romanoweed

i still have thai68 and thai78 links. but im not shure if someone wants those links ( i mean those strains cost 100d)

harvestreaper

Veteran
Looking great harvestreaper ! Which one do you guesstimate it is? Not having grown the Mazar i Sharif myself, I'd say it's that one...could be any of the 4 varieties of course.

hey herblux,,,i grew mazar before fom rsc i posted pics in here ,,, i dont think its the same .... the leaves far wider but could be wrong ,,either way its a cull ,,,,got male flowers all over i didnt notice til after i posted and i zoomed in on a pic lol

thejact55

Rather than start a new thread, I will ask here: according to TRSC site as displayed on my browser, (a) their only accepted from of payment is credit card. and (b) sales are direct only, not through resellers or retailers. Is that correct?
Thank you.

I'm in USA and I just got a shipment in today. Used PayPal, direct off of their website. Has no issues, got seeds in like just over a week.
you can send cash or wire also.

Seedsman, and others as mentioned sell their gear also.

But I had no issues ordering direct and getting seeds promptly.

herblux

hey herblux,,,i grew mazar before fom rsc i posted pics in here ,,, i dont think its the same .... the leaves far wider but could be wrong ,,either way its a cull ,,,,got male flowers all over i didnt notice til after i posted and i zoomed in on a pic lol

Ahhh shite, sorry to hear that. Thanks a lot for posting up the pics man!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Reporting back on an older RSC strain. This was a strain I was really looking forward to growing and reproducing but things don't always go as planned. Anyways let's start with the description.

Strain: Viet-Lao
Genetics: Pure Southeast Asian Ganja Plant
Latitude: 20°N
Regional Maturation: December to early February
Height: 3m - 5m
Aroma: elderflower, musky, light alcohol-like scents (?)
Characteristics: extreme 'sativa', loose leafy buds, very heady high
Grow Type: Outdoors or greenhouse
A village ganja plant with a great heady 'sativa' high grown in the highlands of north-eastern Lao, very close to Vietnam.
This strain grows within the Greater Mekong region of Southeast Asia, but should be of particular interest to collectors as it is found close to the northern-most extent of traditional ganja cultivation in Southeast Asia. Further north, and cannabis cultivation is defined by typical Chinese 'chinensis' hemp cultivars.
This strain is grown for personal use in Lao villages, not for commerical production. Buds are loose and leafy, with fair resin production on calyxes, and a very nice 'sativa' kick.
The standout characteristic of this strain is the distinctive heady high, which 'sativa' lovers will relish.

So an extreme sativa from the northernmost ganja growing region in South East Asia. Needless to say I was psyched when I got one of the seeds to sprout and ended up with a healthy (female) plant.

Some pictures that I took before things went sideways:

1.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	187.5 KB ID:	17959541

2.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	191.7 KB ID:	17959545

2.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.0 KB ID:	17959544

2.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	189.0 KB ID:	17959544

It was an unique plant for me. Not your typical slender, narrow leaved sativa but a robust highland ganja plant with blood red stems. Ngakpa describes the finished product as dark purple, almost black buds with a heavy, stupefying and tripped out high. Reading between the lines I think it might have given him the noids, lol.

I was looking forward to selfing this plant and breeding the shit out of it but instead I accidentally found out how to instant-kill a plant. Long story short, I had to divide both my attention and my air blower between the indoor setup and the outdoor vegroom. So one time when I got back after an exhausting night preparing my outdoor spot I took a hot shower, put the air blower back inside the grow box, flipped it on the went straight to bed. Usually I double check the blower so it's not already "ON". This time I didn't, and when I woke up late the next day and went to see my plants I was hit in the face with hot, excotic sativa smelling air. I had flipped the air blower to HOT!!! Needless to say I was bummed. I don't even know how hot it got inside the box but after putting a hot air blower inside a 60x70x80 grow box I just knew I could say good bye to any seed projects I had going. It must have gotten to at least 60, maybe 70 degrees celcius for more than 12 hours. Nothing can survive that alive, right?

I had started pollinating the plant with what I considered the best match, RSC Ukhrul Manipuri. Both are purple highland strains and I thought might complement each other. After 90 days the Viet-Lao had barely started flowering and most of the seeds from the Ukhrul cross were pale looking upon inspection. Two seeds however looked fully developed and I thought "whatta hell?" and planted them anyway...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 24

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
And, lo and behold! The two seeds popped! We are growing a truly resilient plant.

Viet-Lao x Ukhrul

Click image for larger version  Name:	vietlaoukhrul.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	17959553

Click image for larger version  Name:	vietlaoukhrul4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.2 KB ID:	17959554

Click image for larger version  Name:	vietlaoukhrul3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.3 KB ID:	17959555
Click image for larger version  Name:	vietlaoukhrul2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	212.3 KB ID:	17959556

The green stemmed plant just declared female and I hope the purple stemmed one is a male. I can't even say how positively surprised I am by this most unexpected turn of events.