What's new

Info on The Real Seed Company?

BlackBart

Veteran
There was a seed company which is now defunct that was selling Orange Crush back in the day . A Cali friend grew it and said it didn't make the grade .

Pluton didn't have much of a kick either so the Freezeland was and is just a step down from the real Friesland

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'm chasing a high I experienced in Northern Laos. You seem to have a few different Laos/ Thai varieties so hard to pick one.
Is there a lot of difference between these varieties in terms of the type of high?

Also which country do you ship from and is stealth shipping an option?

ngakpa

Veteran
I'm chasing a high I experienced in Northern Laos. You seem to have a few different Laos/ Thai varieties so hard to pick one.
Is there a lot of difference between these varieties in terms of the type of high?

Also which country do you ship from and is stealth shipping an option?

from the UK

everything that goes internationally goes by stealth

it's not possible to give definitive answers on types of high, but everything will be tropical

I understand people want precision

but precision and accuracy aren't the same thing

Chi13

ICMag Donor
from the UK

everything that goes internationally goes by stealth

it's not possible to give definitive answers on types of high, but everything will be tropical

I understand people want precision

but precision and accuracy aren't the same thing
Thanks for the reply. I have my eye on a couple of strains so might give it a go. I'll have an explore of the forums and see if I can find which strain will suit. Or if anyone with experience of the Thai or Lao's, any opinion would help. I am looking for an uplifting euphoric energetic high. I would slightly prefer no paranoia, but if it was like Thai stick I'd happily put up with that affect.

I love that there is a company like this. The seed business badly needs it.

musigny23

Or if anyone with experience of the Thai or Lao's, any opinion would help. I am looking for an uplifting euphoric energetic high.

At the moment the Thai/Lao selection at Kwikseeds is limited to Highland Lao and Mango Thai if I'm seeing things correctly. Oh also the Highland Lao #2 which is on sale, I suppose due to medium germination rates.

I'm growing a few Highland Lao plants now, so I can't speak specifically about the effect yet. The look of the plants to me is in line with what I have seen of northeastern Thai/Mekong valley types. I did get a HL #2 plant but it was a male. It appeared to be fairly similar to the HL. I believe they were sourced from different farmers in the same general area in Bolikhamsai province.

As far as I have seen there have been several versions of Mango Thai over the past year and a half. The first was seeds reproduced in Europe from seeds collected a few years ago. I grew that last season. They seemed to be more or less "Thai" in appearance and the high was nice, not heavy, but not at the level of good Thai sticks. But it's no longer available anyway.

The next, offered last fall, was from northern Laos I believe. I'm growing a few this year. These plants differ from the reproduced MT of last year quite a bit. They don't resemble the HL and HL #2 plants. Broader leaflets and more spare branching and flower nodes. They don't resemble other "Thai" types I have grown. If I was asked to compare them to something, their appearance is closer to Nepalese or Northern India types.

The Mango Thai available now is from a third source more centrally located in Vientiane province and so I expect it will differ from the previous versions but I don't have it and haven't seen it growing.

I'm looking forward to getting the Lao Gold when it becomes available. My hope is that it is the type used or most similar to the classic Thai stick type.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
At the moment the Thai/Lao selection at Kwikseeds is limited to Highland Lao and Mango Thai if I'm seeing things correctly. Oh also the Highland Lao #2 which is on sale, I suppose due to medium germination rates.

I'm growing a few Highland Lao plants now, so I can't speak specifically about the effect yet. The look of the plants to me is in line with what I have seen of northeastern Thai/Mekong valley types. I did get a HL #2 plant but it was a male. It appeared to be fairly similar to the HL. I believe they were sourced from different farmers in the same general area in Bolikhamsai province.

As far as I have seen there have been several versions of Mango Thai over the past year and a half. The first was seeds reproduced in Europe from seeds collected a few years ago. I grew that last season. They seemed to be more or less "Thai" in appearance and the high was nice, not heavy, but not at the level of good Thai sticks. But it's no longer available anyway.

The next, offered last fall, was from northern Laos I believe. I'm growing a few this year. These plants differ from the reproduced MT of last year quite a bit. They don't resemble the HL and HL #2 plants. Broader leaflets and more spare branching and flower nodes. They don't resemble other "Thai" types I have grown. If I was asked to compare them to something, their appearance is closer to Nepalese or Northern India types.

The Mango Thai available now is from a third source more centrally located in Vientiane province and so I expect it will differ from the previous versions but I don't have it and haven't seen it growing.

I'm looking forward to getting the Lao Gold when it becomes available. My hope is that it is the type used or most similar to the classic Thai stick type.
Thank you very much for taking the time with that information. I hadn't realised that some were out of stock but that makes it easier. However, the gold Lao also sounds great to me.
I will likely try the Mango Thai:
Thai landrace that’s powerfully aromatic and can exhibit intense potency

The Manipuri sounds quite interesting too.
A Manipuri landrace from the historic ganja-growing region of Imphal Valley, Northeast India. This is a potent Sativa-type domesticate with an intense high like classic Thai and Lao landraces.
Again, thanks.:tiphat:

Im'One

I wish i had gotten into the golden lao but am glad i boughht fifty manipuri and twenty five urkhul

smogo

I planted 5 Highland Thais and 3 Mango Thais from RSC... 100% germination rate, all incredibly vigorous and vegged with little to no problems even at 50 lat north indoors... got nothing but incredible things to say about RSC - despite it being my first grow ever, no plants showed any signs of weakness despite my inevitable errors I've made along the way..

Seeds came super fast as well.

harvestreaper

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

some mango thai phenos