What's new

Info on The Real Seed Company?

alvin88

This narrow leaf Afghan90 has a weird flower characteristic I've never seen before. 2 branches right next to eachother may have totally different node spacing/density. Very strange, I tried to get a pic best I could. Anyone every see this?

Attachments

• 20230826_131358.jpg
    20230826_131358.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • 20230826_131355.jpg
    20230826_131355.jpg
    980.7 KB · Views: 104

alvin88

Lao 4 seemed very sturdy and not worthy of support yet, but we had a thunderstorm come through and it's main stalk had split in 3 and was laying flat on the ground. Luckily I caged it up and not a branch withered. Still showing no signs of sex! I swear I found a pistil on it a couple months ago though, with the backup confirmation from a couple friends. Clean citrus smell on the stem, maybe lemon? With a menthol hint. I suck at naming smells. 🙄

Attachments

• 20230828_154647.jpg
    20230828_154647.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 107
  • 20230828_154745.jpg
    20230828_154745.jpg
    757.5 KB · Views: 100

right

Lao 4 seemed very sturdy and not worthy of support yet, but we had a thunderstorm come through and it's main stalk had split in 3 and was laying flat on the ground. Luckily I caged it up and not a branch withered. Still showing no signs of sex! I swear I found a pistil on it a couple months ago though, with the backup confirmation from a couple friends. Clean citrus smell on the stem, maybe lemon? With a menthol hint. I suck at naming smells. 🙄
You ought to consider bringing in a cut , and flowering it quickly under severe photo period (10 light/14 dark) in order to sex it.

Asentrouw

RE: the Moliotiko, I'm mostly interested to find out if it starts blooming before equinox or not.

The Moliotiko started flowering around end of August at lat 52.

I think it can be a bit earlier, as I started the plant quite late in the season.

Its getting quite some balls now, so I hope to collect and freeze some pollen in some time.

Attachments

• 20230902_140446.jpg
    20230902_140446.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:

alvin88

Ok this is the last I'll post of the Lao until there are some actual buds haha. I think we'll be lucky to have it finish by New Years, if they survive the weather. Good news is 2 more confirmed females!!! Hopefully the stretch stops soon, these 3 in 1 400gal pot are starting to crowd! And check that beautiful lime green color compared to the other plants. Beautiful.

Attachments

• 20230905_125127.jpg
    20230905_125127.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 89

p59teitel

The biggest Rasoli is over 17 feet, and the other three are all 13 to 14 feet. Just in time for possible hurricane conditions this weekend lol -
IMG_7324.jpeg
IMG_7325.jpeg

The 17 footer is the slowest to get into flowering, the next biggest one is a rock star though -

IMG_7317.jpeg
IMG_7322.jpeg

There is a fair amount of variety among the four plants, this one is much lighter green than her sisters and has more rangy, delicate flowers -

IMG_7321.jpeg

All in all I’m really excited about how healthy and productive they have been. Rich floral citrus flower scent promises to make some fun hash.

p59teitel

Not much to say about the Dakshinkali other than that they are freaking huge as well, but very slow to get into flowering. So far, I’ve only confirmed sex on two out of the three (both female). Stem rubs are piney minty. These are definitely looking like they won’t finish until November -

IMG_7326.jpeg

p59teitel

The Panjshiri continue to have Septoria issues but after spraying them with copper sulfate a bunch of times it’s time to back off and see what happens in flower. They should finish second half of October, from the looks of them. The tall one is 11 feet and the other one over 8 feet -
IMG_7327.jpeg

xtsho

Im wanting to do my first thai run in a few months. Which thai strain from real seeds would be ideal for an indoor grower? Mango thai perhaps? Im looking for a pure sativa ofcourse

I don't think any real Thai strain is ideal for an indoor grow but it's not hard to do. I do the short veg time with small plants going into flower but you could do big plants with lots of training in a SCROG. I don't do SCROG myself and prefer to put small plants into the flower tent. That allows me to grow more varieties at the same time.

As for which Thai to grow, I've only grown the Highland Thai from RSC and I did a short veg with one topping and ended up with 4 ft plants in the flower tent. They were about one foot when I moved them into flower. So they grew quite a bit. When I purchased the seeds years ago the selections were less than today and everything was sold out. My only option was the Highland Thai. They have more options today than were available when I made my purchase. But I'm happy with the results of the Highland Thai.

That Mango Thai looks good which is something I'm thinking about getting myself.

RobFromTX

I don't think any real Thai strain is ideal for an indoor grow but it's not hard to do. I do the short veg time with small plants going into flower but you could do big plants with lots of training in a SCROG. I don't do SCROG myself and prefer to put small plants into the flower tent. That allows me to grow more varieties at the same time.

As for which Thai to grow, I've only grown the Highland Thai from RSC and I did a short veg with one topping and ended up with 4 ft plants in the flower tent. They were about one foot when I moved them into flower. So they grew quite a bit. When I purchased the seeds years ago the selections were less than today and everything was sold out. My only option was the Highland Thai. They have more options today than were available when I made my purchase. But I'm happy with the results of the Highland Thai.

That Mango Thai looks good which is something I'm thinking about getting myself.

Thanks for the info man. I do the same thing with my honduras sativas. Very short veg, like 10 days and 3 gallon pots and those beasts still get massive. The highland thai sounds great too

goingrey

Not much to say about the Dakshinkali other than that they are freaking huge as well, but very slow to get into flowering. So far, I’ve only confirmed sex on two out of the three (both female). Stem rubs are piney minty. These are definitely looking like they won’t finish until November -

View attachment 18889352
The really tall plants are just incredible garden plants.

Dentex

How did all these cure up? those lao gold keep the buttery lemon smell?
Hello! Well I think I liked the Lao Sa and the Kalamata more ,then Mango Thai and Lao Gold less.

The buttery lemon smell is more subtle but still there,this plant had a quite positive and happy effect,low potency for me and her sister was maybe a bit stronger but nothing special in effect.The fat one was a bit more sedative.

Lao Sa has speedy high and very good terp profile,small yielder.

Mango thai is sour metallic ,nice old school sativa ,not too strong but stronger than Lao Gold.

No sedative effect on Lao Sa and Mango Thai.

Kalamata is super tasty weed ,really warm and fuzzy effect.