What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

Old Piney

Rasolia in New Jersey. Even after a late start at the end of June and two devastating groundhog attacks , they still grew six feet
1697806868325.jpeg

need4weed

Veteran
Af90 sisters. First one, narrower leaf, has a very food like smell. I suck at describing smells. It's like some unidentifiable herbs and some cooked veggies, with just a touch of citrus. The second, wider leaf, has the classic juicy, gas, afghan smell.

Also out of all 10 nanda devi 2s I only got one female. She's hanging in the side of a pot and it's interesting how she has grown and leaned way to the side, getting its own light instead of being shaded by the bigger plant in the shared pot. Very skinny leaves, cedar and citrus smell on the stem.

Af90 sisters. First one, narrower leaf, has a very food like smell. I suck at describing smells. It's like some unidentifiable herbs and some cooked veggies, with just a touch of citrus. The second, wider leaf, has the classic juicy, gas, afghan smell.

Also out of all 10 nanda devi 2s I only got one female. She's hanging in the side of a pot and it's interesting how she has grown and leaned way to the side, getting its own light instead of being shaded by the bigger plant in the shared pot. Very skinny leaves, cedar and citrus smell on the stem.
@alvin88 keep us updated on the A90 please bro

alvin88

And a quick dry shot of the earlier Af90. Took on a totally new smell since drying. Smells like a strong funky mix of pine and body odor. Reminds me of old school romulan I used to get in SF 20yrs ago.

Really just screams fire 90s bud. Big, fairly loose leafy buds. Lots of red hairs. And an acrid smell reminiscent of skunk but less burnt rubber, more onion/b.o.
20231021_210540.jpg

alvin88

Rainy day here but this Lao 4 is coming along great. Out of the three, this one is by far the fastest. Not sure if thats phenotypic, or from restricted root size. This 6ft plant is only in about 3 gallons of promix dug into rock hard clay soil. Lowers have been eaten up by deer, thankfully they can't reach the colas.
20231025_173740.jpg
20231025_173715.jpg

Last edited:

alvin88

The Laos at the other location. Only a mile away so same environment.

I only visit here once every 7-10 days. Noticed we might have a wheat pheno developing??
20231025_180112.jpg

And here's the latest girl by far.
20231025_180052.jpg

Let's see where these go!! To be fair, the last two plants only relieve about 3hrs of direct sun this time of year. While the first, earliest plant receives about 7-8.

right

The Laos at the other location. Only a mile away so same environment.

I only visit here once every 7-10 days. Noticed we might have a wheat pheno developing??
View attachment 18910389

And here's the latest girl by far.
View attachment 18910390

Let's see where these go!! To be fair, the last two plants only relieve about 3hrs of direct sun this time of year. While the first, earliest plant receives about 7-8.
Love the laos Alvin. Anxious to see how they end up for you.

Brother Nature

And a quick dry shot of the earlier Af90. Took on a totally new smell since drying. Smells like a strong funky mix of pine and body odor. Reminds me of old school romulan I used to get in SF 20yrs ago.

Really just screams fire 90s bud. Big, fairly loose leafy buds. Lots of red hairs. And an acrid smell reminiscent of skunk but less burnt rubber, more onion/b.o. View attachment 18908527
Mate, that looks exactly like what I got from the Af90's when I ran them outdoors, the smell description is spot on too.. It's lovely smoke as well, not crazy potent, but just right hahah.

Old Piney

by far the fastest.
It certainly is ,not sure about your latitude but I'm at 40 degrees N, and your Lao is further along than my Rasoli is .This has convinced me I'm gonna pop my freebie Lao seeds next season and see what happens .At the very least I should be able to make some seeds. Maybe I'll make a temporary hoop house if I need to . I also have a pack of Kerala in the fridge just gotta do it

alvin88

It certainly is ,not sure about your latitude but I'm at 40 degrees N, and your Lao is further along than my Rasoli is .This has convinced me I'm gonna pop my freebie Lao seeds next season and see what happens .At the very least I should be able to make some seeds. Maybe I'll make a temporary hoop house if I need to . I also have a pack of Kerala in the fridge just gotta do it

38.5N here

Airloom

Veteran
IMG_3083.jpeg
IMG_3126.jpeg

An unexpected hard frost forced me to take my Kumaoni down just shy of her birthday (11/29/2022)
She survived 5 months in the barn in a solo cup with a boot dryer for heat and finished in only 10 gallons of soil. Weather looked good thru 11/10 but no frost alert from Weather Channel or Weather Underground apps 😡
Have some cuttings going just in case she smokes well. Very close in any case with all cloudy and some amber. Smells just as described on Real Seed Co site.
If the cuttings take I’ll be thrilled to run them in the spring outdoors in bigger pots

Cuddles

View attachment 18914815 View attachment 18914816
An unexpected hard frost forced me to take my Kumaoni down just shy of her birthday (11/29/2022)
She survived 5 months in the barn in a solo cup with a boot dryer for heat and finished in only 10 gallons of soil. Weather looked good thru 11/10 but no frost alert from Weather Channel or Weather Underground apps 😡
Have some cuttings going just in case she smokes well. Very close in any case with all cloudy and some amber. Smells just as described on Real Seed Co site.
If the cuttings take I’ll be thrilled to run them in the spring outdoors in bigger pots
blimey, it´s huuuuge! Bet it´s not so easy to take such a plant down

Airloom

Veteran
blimey, it´s huuuuge! Bet it´s not so easy to take such a plant down
Had to use lopping shears but three cuts and done
I just strip anything without trichomes off the buds and hang it to dry
It was a pleasure to have no aphids on her and get to the finish line
Stripping sugar leaves had me washing fingertips frequently with denatured alcohol
I have some diabetes related nerve damage in fingers and toes so I do not really use nitrile gloves to trim
I like the hands on approach personally

Found one picture of 2 of the 4 Kumaoni in April getting ready to go into the sunroom

I misspoke earlier; they were in 1 gallon pots in April this year after surviving the winter in solo cups in the barn

1699208018285.jpeg

Latest posts

Latest posts