What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Info on The Real Seed Company?

troutman

Seed Whore
I just found a freebie pack of Ukhrul that I received in July with my Chitrali packs.

Each time I look at my seed bank I find new things. :biggrin:

weedtoker

Veteran
nevermind, I can still use the computer lol

Lebanese. did a few females indoors for seeds, one female outside. smell was uniformly a sweet resin smell, perfect representation of what you would think of. buds were a touch more dense then Sinai, but not super dense. pretty leafy for trimming. high is relaxing, but in no way makes me tired. to my surprise for me it is not a bed time smoke. maybe others have a different experience? Good yielder, very uniform.

Nice to see that you keep doing your thing "heirloomy". Just as personal experience, turkish flowers/ resins (on my account), and I would assume lebanese too, (both share borders with same geography in that area) have a fair more up/take your breath away/rush (personal take) than down/narcotic/sedating.

I just found a freebie pack of Ukhrul that I received in July with my Chitrali packs.

Each time I look at my seed bank I find new things.
biggrin.gif

TRSC is a nice company in my honest assessment, may not work like a comercial seedbank, but your seeds will get to your home fairly quick still (in my experience) and their costumer service has proven to me more than adequate on the ocasions I dealt with them. Just keep doing your thing Mr. A (and rest of the crew if exists)

Cheers

meizzwang

My 2 cents about RSC. I haven't yet consumed any of their gear, but here are the positives so far:
1) great, unique product, very credible company (ie. their lines are exactly what they say they are, real landraces!). To echo other's comments, the owner is truly passionate about his products and cares about his customers.
2)They produce some of the most beautiful plants I've ever seen! Gigantic leaves, super jagged leaflets, unique leaf shapes, beautiful structures, etc. Much more satisfying to grow compared to OG this and OG that (my opinion of course).
3) There seems to be higher genetic diversity in these seeds, in general, compared to modern hybrids. To be expected with open pollinated seeds from large populations compared to seeds made from two different plants that have been inbred till kingdom come. The diversity and uncertainly in what you'll end up with is part of the rush and excitment!
4) although not common, you can find some really unique terpene profiles in some of the varieties. Spot on LOUD Bubblegum aroma (exactly like the original Indiana bubblegum strain from the 90's) anyone?
5) there's a rich story behind every strain, and sometimes the history is just as fascinating as the plant itself!
6) Some literally can get as tall as small trees, the extreme heights were both a pleasure and shock to see!
7) possible source of disease/mold resistance, cold tolerance, and other favorable
genetic characteristics that modern hybrids lack. can't confirm any of these characteristics yet.

As a disclaimer, I really love landraces, much more than modern hybrids, but I'll try to not be so biased.

All that aside, you should be aware of what you're signing up for when growing these landraces:
1) Hermi ratios seem higher overall compared to worked seeds. It might be a good idea to grow these away from modern hybrid crops.
2) If you're in the US, it can be a PITA to get seeds. I personally had to jump through several hoops lit on fire to get these. It took motivation and extreme determination on my part, but to be honest, it's probably not so bad if you're very academic-minded.
3) treat them like chemdawg until you know how they behave: some varieties are very sensitive and require precise nutrient regimes/environmental conditions to be happy.
4) Yields on many strains are really bad. You'll have a ginormous tree trunk that takes up incredible amounts of space and you'll harvest a couple of grams from it, if it finishes on time (outdoors at least). some take up a lot of space.
5) some varieties seem have high male to female ratios, and others have high female to male ratios. Could be just the luck of the draw too, I don't know, sample sizes are too small to make any conclusions.
6) Some varieties require you grow out large populations to find anything worth running. If I had to guess, you'd need probably more than 50 seeds to start. remember, these are somewhat selected, but not rigorously worked.
7) some varieties have low vigor and high ratio of runts. This isn't only my experience, I've read many others with similar reports. In addition, in some cases, seed viability is variable: if they come from the region of origin, my guess is the original sources aren't highly educated masters in seed harvesting/storage, but kudos to the RSC for getting these out to us! Seeds produced by professionals outside their region of origin have a very consistent, high germination rate.

All the challenges aside, I've heard a lot of good things about the quality and uniqueness of their highs, which I will report in the future. Even if many of these landraces tend to have low potency or very harsh smoke, that doesn't matter, a quick rosin squeeze can solve that problem. Could potentially be good product for snobs or "weed pricks" LOL We shall see.....

burningfire

Veteran
a very Nepalese expression in F2s of my nch cross.. I'm happy to see this expression and seeded a few lower branches to carry it forward making F3s ( as well as a very few random seeds here and there because I wasn't present most of the month )

compared to the pure original mother I grew a few years ago, RSC doesn't offer that Nepalese anymore, it was a good one for sure.

Last edited:

thejact55

Talk to troutman, his post is actually at the top of the page. He may have had something to do with those highland seeds.

Coughie

Does anyone know if there's any correlation between the Highland Thai they offer now, and the Red Thai or Mango Thai they used to offer?

I have the Red Thai and Mango Thai - and wonder if these are related or different...?

a.k.a. do I need to snag the Highland Thai? Lol

burningfire

Veteran
I believe it's the one they offered originally, in their strain guide it's labeled as Highland Thai ( Burmese ).. the description isn't the same and the seeds they are offering now is an indoor reproduction, I haven't actually seen the specimens.

troutman

Seed Whore
Does anyone know if there's any correlation between the Highland Thai they offer now, and the Red Thai or Mango Thai they used to offer?

I have the Red Thai and Mango Thai - and wonder if these are related or different...?

a.k.a. do I need to snag the Highland Thai? Lol

All 3 Thai you mention are different. :)

It is the one they had for sale a while back. :tiphat:

You can find it's description if you search the name on SEED FINDER.

thejact55

a very Nepalese expression in F2s of my nch cross.. I'm happy to see this expression and seeded a few lower branches to carry it forward making F3s ( as well as a very few random seeds here and there because I wasn't present most of the month )

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=32390&pictureid=1785058&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=32390&pictureid=1782742&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

compared to the pure original mother I grew a few years ago, RSC doesn't offer that Nepalese anymore, it was a good one for sure.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=32496&pictureid=1601126&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=32496&pictureid=752097&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=32496&pictureid=752096&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Is this the nepalese highland? Think thats what it called. I have some old beans of that type i havent gotten to, wonder if theyre still viable.
Looking good. Hows the smells?

Coughie

Is this the nepalese highland? Think thats what it called. I have some old beans of that type i havent gotten to, wonder if theyre still viable.

I've been looking for that Nepalese Highland for a long time!
Lemme know if you reproduce those.. if they're viable.. if you pop them..

burningfire

Veteran

They were always sold as just 'Nepalese' on the site.. they are different than the 'Nepalese White Mountain' seeds.

It's possible it's the same thing as the Nepalese Highland.. there was a lot of variation, this is a rather indica leaning pheno, I grew about 10 of them to get something that would grow at my latitude ( 45N )

some of the aromas at different stages of flowering are green mango, pine, earthy, cheesey, cat piss. it cured to something I could only describe as mountain freshness and tasted like spruce.

The plant I am growing now is pretty damn close to the original nepalese, I know in veg it had a little more citrus/coffee smell from the other parents in my cross but that did not carry into flowering.. but it smells and looks like the nepalese right now.. it's as wide as it it tall, and it has that tell tale Nepalese zig zag growth. I will take full pictures when I harvest.

Koondense

Veteran
They are probably different, nepalese highland is more worked while rsc seeds are first hand or reproduced from the source.

burningfire

Veteran
right, I don't think RSC offered a nepalese highland, I think thejact is familiar with RSC, are they labeled RSC, that was my impression when he asked the question.
I know that Nepalese highland is a reeferman/ace/cbg thing .. at least that's the only one I know about..

burningfire

Veteran

thejact55

Yes, i got mine from seedsman, not direct from rsc. I remember it being called highland, but i could be wrong. Either way, glad to see these being grown.

- i just looked at my seeds, which still had original rsc packaging...it just says nepalese on it...

Latest posts

Latest posts