What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

info on the landrace team

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All 10 seeds of the Corinto popped. Most of the sprouts look good in the soil. Might have a couple stunt out, but looking good very early on. I put the seeds into a 3% peroxide bath for a few minutes, swirling the seeds so they got coated in it.

Dried them off and then using a sterile single side razor blade, scraped the seams of the seeds before putting them into moist paper towels. Put the baggies of seeds on pie plates two thick, and that went onto a computer modem to keep them warm.

H e d g e

this is the fault of the people who are willing to pay what they ask for without caring about the high prices.

ILE is yet another greedy money grabber. Their prices are totally bonkers especially if you consider that some of their lines are actually just side of the road/feral/wild type seeds
I paid silly money for some of these, my thinking being that it would encourage other people with pure landrace genetics to share them if they had a high value.
You can see from the Phylos galaxy that pure genetics do still exist but people aren’t making them available, just selling hybrids.
Sadly most of the varieties I bought have since been tested and are contaminated by hemp skunk and or og kush, Aces Chiang Mai and OTH are all I’ve got that were verified pure landrace.
@dubi It’d be great if ace would get in contact with all the people who submitted pure samples on Phylos and work out a deal that works for everyone to make them available.
I don’t believe any of these ‘pure landraces’ from tlt are pure anymore given the proportion of those I collected from other sellers that aren’t.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

I paid silly money for some of these, my thinking being that it would encourage other people with pure landrace genetics to share them if they had a high value.
You can see from the Phylos galaxy that pure genetics do still exist but people aren’t making them available, just selling hybrids.
Sadly most of the varieties I bought have since been tested and are contaminated by hemp skunk and or og kush, Aces Chiang Mai and OTH are all I’ve got that were verified pure landrace.
Still hopeful about the Manipur, lolab valley Kashmir, chellakutti, pulwama, and Balochi which haven’t yet been tested.
@dubi It’d be great if ace would get in contact with all the people who submitted pure samples on Phylos and work out a deal that works for everyone to make them available.
I don’t believe any of these ‘pure landraces’ from tlt are pure anymore given the proportion of those I collected from other sellers that aren’t.
Yeah i was reading the tlt punto rojo thread and the guy was mentioning some of them had indica leaves. Im definitely sticking with Ace for landraces. This seedbank seems kind of.....seedy

H e d g e

Yeah i was reading the tlt punto rojo thread and the guy was mentioning some of them had indica leaves. Im definitely sticking with Ace for landraces. This seedbank seems kind of.....seedy
There were rumours of pure Jamaican in Dubis fridge.. hope that’s true. Ace has the trusted reputation that’s needed to bring together all the people with verified pure seeds in one place, there aren’t that many of them.

H e d g e

How did you have them tested @Hedge? Did you send in plant material or a seed?
I didn’t but thankfully dubi and irrazin did, you can look up the results for a lot of the ace and ile varieties on the Phylos galaxy website.
Makes you realise how rare and important varieties like chiang mai and OTH are, quite reasonably priced too.

iTarzan

Is Phyllis a testing site?

Who had TLT stuff tested?

I have landraces from several breeders. Is there a list of breeders test results somewhere?

H e d g e

Phylos collected loads of samples and compiled them in what they called the galaxy which shows their relatedness to each other, you can search it by variety or grower.
There was some controversy over them working with big ag and they stopped taking samples which is a shame because the information they were gathering was invaluable to anyone interested in preserving pure genetics.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I accidently broke off the top of a immature flowering plant and just smoked it. It was mostly leaf, but after a quarter of the joint I did get a good buzz. Felt almost as if I had smoked too much, but that feeling left soon. Took a long time to get any effect like 10 minutes, so creeper?

There are several phenos in this line according to TLT. Looking interesting for now and pollenated yesterday so some seeds will be coming. The plant I smoked was quicker and more buds than the rest. Gave a bit of noids and bit of panic when the high finally hit. Pretty spaced out for just a few minutes. Then mellow for an hour or so.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have been smoking a joint of immature/mostly leaves Corinto Purple for a couple days. I have to rate it as more potent than the Colombian Gold I have from USC seeds, the '72 CG. Effect is a bit better imo. Both are good though. Early days but this has potential for sure.

It is certainly not hay. A complaint leveled at many landrace strains. It has tripped me out briefly when my tolerance was low, like the first or second time I smoked it. I am high on it right now and while not tripping out, I have been smoking it for some time now, so. I am very high though and it is a quality high.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am still smoking on that joint with 3/4 inch left. 4 hits and I got power slapped. Very intense high. I am gonna grow some more sedate types next run. I am getting a bit tired of being wired every time I light up.

Some Nepalese, which I guess is uplifting but maybe not quite so jarring. To be fair, the Corinto was immature and mature with a cure could be different, like not so jarring in effect.

Lebanizer

Their Guatemalan is what has my attention. I missed out on the Ace seeds line and ive been looking for one ever since. Has anyone here ran the Guatemalan? Its suppose to be a really mellow kind sativa
Same here. I'm looking forward to them releasing it again. The description sounds just like what the doctor ordered !

Lebanizer

Have been smoking a joint of immature/mostly leaves Corinto Purple for a couple days. I have to rate it as more potent than the Colombian Gold I have from USC seeds, the '72 CG. Effect is a bit better imo. Both are good though. Early days but this has potential for sure.

It is certainly not hay. A complaint leveled at many landrace strains. It has tripped me out briefly when my tolerance was low, like the first or second time I smoked it. I am high on it right now and while not tripping out, I have been smoking it for some time now, so. I am very high though and it is a quality high.
For curiosity's sake, did you have the ACE/CBG's Panama ? If so, how would it compare to that Corinto ?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I found the Guatemalan from ACE underwhelming/boring I guess? Not a jarring jolt by any means, but I have not followed up with it, due to it not making me feel euphoric or being interesting in effect. 2 females as I recall, so limited use and your brain may love it.

The ACE Panama I did try and got the green and pink phenos. Good stuff. Not as strong or intense as the Corinto but very much a sativa high. Good stuff but I favored Snowhigh's Panama by a little. Dr Greenthumb Panama is very much like Snow version. All were good and could be trippy with low tolerance.

This Corinto is different in that tolerance to it is less than I suppose any other strain that I have. I have maybe 20 different strains in the freezer. It is a bitch slap to the face though. Maybe I deserve it, a pimp's love can be harsh.