What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor No Till Deep Soil Bed

self

real nice OT. :good:
I'll be here watching to see how subsequent runs go, are you planning on running a cover crop of clover or anything? or re amending? I'm trying one burmese kush as a no till this round in flower, just pulled out the previous occupant and replanted in the hole it left. I'll probably top dress with ewc and guano, but thats it.
Keep up the good work!

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Stunning results organic terra. Those are beauties. I'm loving the direction some peeps are heading in with no-till. With some luck by spring i'll be started on my no-till beds. Keep it up! :)

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't wait to get this no till going. It will take a few rounds for this bed to hit stride but I have a feeling it will be quite a site to behold in a few months. Just guessing.

I think that's a safe guess! :kos:

this + looks like you got a pretty good start already

Here's some shots from the start of week 10. These babies are coming down this mon.
Then on with the no till. I've got some homemade compost waiting to go into action. I plan on mixing some agrowin worm castings with the compost and top dressing a couple inches before I plant.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 14
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 14
G

growingcrazy

Awesome job! Show everyone how well the beds work!

Have you considered just adding worms directly to your bed?

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well done OT, if you keep up with the system itl only get better and better from here on out.

DAMN !!!!
super healthy plants... cant wait to see the next run!
looking good! the next run will be awesome
They look like hard nugs. Really nice job

Thanks everyone! This has been a really fun round. So easy too.
The nugs are very dense and hard. No squish at all when squezed. Just sticky fingers.

Awesome job! Show everyone how well the beds work!

Have you considered just adding worms directly to your bed?
I have. I ended up starting some worm trays for now to process my finished compost and other things.
There is a lot of worms in my compost that I'm going to topdress after this round so that will get some in there. As my worm castings become available I'm sure that will introduce more and more worms into the system. Eventually I should have a thriving, reproducing worm population.

party at OT's in 6-8 weeks! :party:
Haha heck ya! heady's bringing the brews and I'll have a large salad bowl of og nuggies for the sampling.
well done OT, if you keep up with the system itl only get better and better from here on out.
Thanks jaykush. I'm hoping I can do this bed right for the long term. Homemade compost, ewc, cover crops and growing my own ferts should have me going in the correct direction.
I don't see me having to buy anything in the near future to keep this thing running smoothly. How awesome is that!
awesome, thanks for the inspiration

Looking prime OT. That is a sweet job. Leading by example. :)
Thanks guys!
This is looking like it's going to be a killer harvest. These flowers are Heavy! Not to mention so sticky and stinky it almost makes me want to cry.

jaykush

dirty black hands
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks jaykush. I'm hoping I can do this bed right for the long term. Homemade compost, ewc, cover crops and growing my own ferts should have me going in the correct direction.
I don't see me having to buy anything in the near future to keep this thing running smoothly. How awesome is that!

nothing better, well except eating homegrown munchies to go with that homegrown organic dank.

are you using biochar and rock powders? both help greatly in keeping systems running long term.

nothing better, well except eating homegrown munchies to go with that homegrown organic dank.

are you using biochar and rock powders? both help greatly in keeping systems running long term.
I do have glacial rock dust but no biochar, yet. Also, azomite and various "liming" materials.

I'll get some more pics up this weekend. There's some interesting stuff going on inside this tent.