What's new

Indiana Bubblegum

Munson

Veteran
Interesting take from Serious Seeds on their website - they say Adam (THSeeds), Simon (Serious Seeds) and Tony (Sagarmatha/Cerebral Seeds) each simultaneously acquired three plants from a US contact and brought them back to Amsterdam to separately create their own bubblegum strains.

Interesting take from Serious Seeds on their website - they say Adam (THSeeds), Simon (Serious Seeds) and Tony (Sagarmatha/Cerebral Seeds) each simultaneously acquired three plants from a US contact and brought them back to Amsterdam to separately create their own bubblegum strains.

The US contact is most likely Victor. And the 3 plants/clones, 1. Dunn 2. Tony 3. Simon

Crazy Chester

Supposedly the 95 cut is the same plant that Dunn was left with after getting his other plants stolen. Same one he gave to Tony and Simon. Supposedly that cut made its way back to the states years ago and is now circulating
So, the question is - who was higher when they made their statements - Adam saying he only got seeds and that the particular plant of interest was one he popped from those seeds - or Simon saying it was clones that both they and Tony got at the same time? Maybe what really happened to Adam is he had clones of the three clones he was given all growing out and after the disaster one clone of one of the three varieties was still alive? The common thread in everyone's story appears to be that the bubblegum strain in the US was here way before any of them got clones or seeds of it. Also - I really do think Adam said in the past he got a clone or clone(s) of it and that he's contradicting himself with the seed story. It could be he wants to distinguish THSeeds version from the others more deeply than is possible if only three clone plants were the parents of all three seedbanks's version of bubblegum.

tricloud

Lifeless has been holding the Indiana BG cut all of 15 years and probably more. When he gave it to me well over a decade ago he said it was over 25 years old. It tastes just like they say, baseball card stale bubblegum. Has that euphoric high they talk about too. We have it and that's what really counts.

I tell you what, when you cross her to fruity or sweet varieties the offspring is off the chain fruity or sweet. Lifeless crossed it to the lemon pez apollo13 line I used to work and called it Apollolicious. It was absolutely delicious too. He's growing out some pineapple princess x Indiana bubblegum plants in another thread on icmag right now. The pineapple princess in question is princess 88 x cinderella 99 F4. The Pineapple Princess (prince) male throws serious pineapple phenos.

Lifeless brought over his choice male from the cross and I'm going to make up some more seeds for us to go through. Fun Fun Fun

Munson

Veteran
Lifeless has been holding the Indiana BG cut all of 15 years and probably more. When he gave it to me well over a decade ago he said it was over 25 years old. It tastes just like they say, baseball card stale bubblegum. Has that euphoric high they talk about too. We have it and that's what really counts.

I tell you what, when you cross her to fruity or sweet varieties the offspring is off the chain fruity or sweet. Lifeless crossed it to the lemon pez apollo13 line I used to work and called it Apollolicious. It was absolutely delicious too. He's growing out some pineapple princess x Indiana bubblegum plants in another thread on icmag right now. The pineapple princess in question is princess 88 x cinderella 99 F4. The Pineapple Princess (prince) male throws serious pineapple phenos.

Lifeless brought over his choice male from the cross and I'm going to make up some more seeds for us to go through. Fun Fun Fun
Do you have any idea if that clone is the original before all the seed lines? Or do you think it came from mid 90s BG from ThSeeds or Serious?

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
So, the question is - who was higher when they made their statements - Adam saying he only got seeds and that the particular plant of interest was one he popped from those seeds - or Simon saying it was clones that both they and Tony got at the same time? Maybe what really happened to Adam is he had clones of the three clones he was given all growing out and after the disaster one clone of one of the three varieties was still alive? The common thread in everyone's story appears to be that the bubblegum strain in the US was here way before any of them got clones or seeds of it. Also - I really do think Adam said in the past he got a clone or clone(s) of it and that he's contradicting himself with the seed story. It could be he wants to distinguish THSeeds version from the others more deeply than is possible if only three clone plants were the parents of all three seedbanks's version of bubblegum.
They just use proven quality genetics which were aviable at Netherlands at that time.
Which Sam brought and everyone of them make some story for people not buying original strain that made bubblegum seeds sold by them.

bimblebrains_1

There's an old episode from like 8-10 years ago of the Adam dunn show where Victor calls in as a guest and they go thru it..as far as i can remember Victor came to Amsterdam with a load of bag seed he had found in this bubblegum tasting weed,Adam popped them but not many sprouted,he got 3 females and a male,the shortest one was the keeper and that was put to the male,think he even says that he foolishly tossed the other 2 females,one being way taller.
He was then running the keeper clone for production as everyone loved it,lots of folks wanted the cut but he wouldn't let her out and so his spot got robbed.From that he managed salvage a branch and reclone the keeper but in all the crazyness the male was lost...so the first Thseeds stock was that original keeper cut put to a male he sifted from the seeds he made before the robbery.
I think it was also after the robbery that he eventually passed the keeper cut and some of his original seed increase to serious and sagamartha who then obviously worked them in to they're respective directions.
So Dunn's keeper cut is from bagseed via victor of the Bubblegum clone that was going around in America for years before that.
Another interesting thing I remember from that interview was that Victor didn't get the weed from indiana that he found the bagseed in,it came from another place that sounds a bit like Indiana but nowhere near it,i can't remember the place which is really annoying but yer I think Adam says he was interviewed by someone early on years back about the lineage of the bubblegum and he mistakenly said the bagseed was from Indiana when it wasn't...may explain why the original American clone all of a sudden got the Indiana label,someone was passed it and was told this the grandma of famous bubblegum seedline from the Nederlands or whatever,and so then the bubblegum cut was then passed with that label? I dunno..
Judging by how most of the seed plants I've seen grow over the years from the different companies,pics of the 'indiana' and growing the bubblegum runtz clone i have,I would 100% say it was has skunk #1 in the line or a parent from the same Afghani line or region as the skunk but as for the mexican influence,I have no experience with them so couldnt say...

Cheers. bimble

Munson

Veteran
Illinois. Victor was in Connecticut? New England area. Worked in a bar and would buy weed he called”chewing gum” cuz he could stick the buds underneath the bar as a joke.

Munson

Veteran
Think Dunn said he originally had 5-7 females and 3 males and when he got robbed he was only left with 1 female. And that 1 he passed to Tony and Simon.

Last edited:

Akss

I grew that ibg 2 grows ago, it was really good and tasty but I didn't get the bubblegum scent or flavor, I was hoping for, soaking 3 more today!
Generals Daughter was nice, but the og mix took me back to old school days! Make ya look at the joint after the first hit! 😃.
Thanks for the info how many did you grow out?

tricloud

Do you have any idea if that clone is the original before all the seed lines? Or do you think it came from mid 90s BG from ThSeeds or Serious?
I don't know but Im going to say it came from Amsterdam because Soma was supposed to be holding this particular clone and it was his girlfriends fav. She got it into the USA and passed it around a bit and we got our hands on it through a friend called Bromd. We met him personally and this was the story he gave. It's definitely a special plant, Bromd is gone now and has been for years but through this awesome plant we kind of keep his memory going.

bimblebrains_1

Illinois. Victor was in Connecticut? New England area. Worked in a bar and would buy weed he called”chewing gum” cuz he could stick the buds underneath the bar as a joke.
That's it Illinois! The chewing gum weed was nothing to do with Indiana,that was Dunns misinformation as to the origin and he 100% admitted that in that old episode.Your'e probably right that he had more seeds sprout,was years ago I listened to the interview with victor so memory is a tad convoluted but for sure he managed to salvage back the keeper after the rippers had paid him a visit.I am fairly certain that he did a seed increase using the keeper and one or all of the males before the robbery,and that's what he subsequently worked with to pollinate the keeper and make the beans sold by Thseeds tho and its definitely true that both serious and sagamartha got they're stock from Dunn as well.
Next question Is ..is the IBG a renamed clone and infact the chewing gum clone victor used to smoke in Illinois and is it like you say maybe a pheno from one of the Dutch made seed lines?

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
I don't think so - it's too old to be that. Not to mention - I haven't heard of anyone getting the same terpenes as the Indiana Bubblegum clone from any of the seeds coming out of Amsterdam.
Too old? You realize the first Bubblegum seeds was in the 90's so the plant it's supposed to originate from is at least 30/35 tears old. You really believe there is some older version yet ?

cbotany

I'm sorry I haven't read any post due to being lazy (ope) but isn't bog bubble, bubble gum purified? I love *Crosses* of bog bubble, one of my favorite plants has it in it.

Crazy Chester

Too old? You realize the first Bubblegum seeds was in the 90's so the plant it's supposed to originate from is at least 30/35 tears old. You really believe there is some older version yet ?
Yes, I realize the 1990s seed-makers produced Bubblegum seeds. I'm saying the Indiana Bubblegum clone pre-dates those seeds - so it couldn't have been born from them. So yes - I believe the Indiana Bubblegum clone was popped from seed the latest - mid-1980s, which would be a decade prior to the development of the seeds that came out of Amsterdam in the 1990s. And, the Indiana Bubblegum clone may be from an IBL seed line that existed as far back as the 1970s.

Last edited: