What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indiana Bubblegum

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Bubblegum might be part afghani but I don't see northern lights or Big Bud in this, They are both skunky but have zero sweetness.

The story about being afghani crossed to mexican makes much more sense although Indiana BG grows much like an afghani.

I believe the "strain" was probably developed from bag seed in Indiana like the story goes.
Apparently both nl5 and bigbud do have some sweet fruity phenos. N that's the ones that they developed n re worked into critical mass and critical skunk at Mr nice seeds apparently.. just what iv read on here somewhere before.. n what they claim on Mr nice seeds website.. so might be true.. also seen that some people are sayin bubblegum having similar genetics to big bud.. who knows.. I do know that the critical I used to grow does look n taste very similar to the indiana bubblegum pheno I got out of Moscas old time Indiana bubblegum seeds.. and also looks similar to any picks iv seen of the big bud before too.. same bud structure same knobbally massive donkey dik head buds.. who knows man..🤷🏻‍♂️💯💚🙏

tricloud

Apparently both nl5 and bigbud do have some sweet fruity phenos. N that's the ones that they developed n re worked into critical mass and critical skunk at Mr nice seeds apparently.. just what iv read on here somewhere before.. n what they claim on Mr nice seeds website.. so might be true.. also seen that some people are sayin bubblegum having similar genetics to big bud.. who knows.. I do know that the critical I used to grow does look n taste very similar to the indiana bubblegum pheno I got out of Moscas old time Indiana bubblegum seeds.. and also looks similar to any picks iv seen of the big bud before too.. same bud structure same knobbally massive donkey dik head buds.. who knows man..🤷🏻‍♂️💯💚🙏
Ive grown big bud and don't see the connection. I don't buy into the bigbud and northern lights story.

I personally think its an Oaxaca and Afghani mix.

I find it interesting that when having these kinds of discussions that people don't want to believe that strains were developed from bagseed. Like they have to be from a known strain like bigbud and northern lights.

But where did these come from. It's easy enough to believe that Mr. Nice developed the less than potent Big Bud "strain" from bagseed right?

Northern Lights was also probably bred from bag seed.

I used to grow and make seeds and crosses from bag seed here in Michigan back in the 80's and even 90's. Not all bagseed would finish but some did and that's what we used to make seed for the next season.

Then we would grow and develop lines with the seed that was initially made from the bagseed. It's not rocket science and lots of stuff was being bred here in the states like that long before you could buy seeds from Amsterdam or anywhere.

Last edited:

Munson

Veteran
Has it been confirmed if the “IBG” clone that goes around, is the actual clone only that possibly Victor/Adam Dunn got seeds from to produce THSeeds BG? Or is the “IBG” clone a pheno selection from old Serious seeds?