What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Incredible Results: Dyna Gro recipe

i love dyna for certain applications, namely for rooting. however i find its p and k to be far too high and far to close to a 1:1 ratio to be of any real use beyond rooting. here is the profile.

Dyna Gro Bloom
(3-12-6) (NH4) 0.7% (NO3) 2.3% Mg0.5% Ca2% Fe0.1% S0.09% Mn0.05% @10ml/Gal

N 103

P 181

K 172

Mg 17

Ca 69
S 3

Fe 3.4552
B .691

Cl NOT LISTED

Co 0.0518

Cu 1.7276

Mn 1.7276

Mo 0.0311

Zn 1.7276

there are other good, cheap fertilizers with better profiles for mmj.

Dyna Grow makes a lot of products.... They make 7-7-7 called All-Pro. I've heard of other people using Dyna-Gro all the way through flowering or some ratio with Dyna-Bloom.
i.e. 50% Dyna-Gro and 50% Dyna-Bloom

D

Deuce5

Is anyone using Dyna-Gro Grow/Bloom in a hempy, if so any feedback?

We use just Dynagro Bloom plus cal/mag and Protek. Cant find anything that beats this combination yet.....AN's new PH Perfect Sensi line couldnt beat Dynagro either.....so far all that has been tested agaisnt Dynagro Bloom fails miserably!! We find the ratio's and nutrient profile created with this formula to be spot on!!

And for the peeps that keep needing this proof of pictures ......I say go spend 10 bucks for gods sakes and find out ya damn self???? Stop your bitchin and appreciate the fact that more knowledgable growers than yourself is willing to take the time and share information with you......so either listen up...or not...but dont bitch and moan about it and demand proof....these peeps dont owe you a damn thing...much less proof.....

Ya see folks, to try Dynagro would only require usually about a 20 dollar investment, or email the company for a small sample, to try AN you have to invest like 900 dollars even to try and find out that they do NOT use superior source materials they use stuff like UREA for nitrogen which is MAMMAL URINE!!

I like to make SPECIAL note here that AN does NOT even tell you what type of animal is pissing in the bottles???? Is it zebra piss, lion piss maybe??? FYI_ Big Mike qualifies as a mammal ya know.........

Usually the peeps that demand proof instead of finding out for themselves and bitch and moan are just mad because they just spent 900 plus dollars with AN when a 20 dollar bottle of Dynagro would produce as good or more likely better results!! I would be pissed as well........

Peace!~

I like what Im reading.....I think I may switch from PBP to Dyna-Grow. Always looking for something better. And Im always trying to improve my game and knowledge. Thank you everyone for sharing your kowledge and expierence. Alot of these tips are priceless and would cost the average person years of expierence and tons of money in nute experimenting.

wdcf

i love dyna for certain applications, namely for rooting. however i find its p and k to be far too high and far to close to a 1:1 ratio to be of any real use beyond rooting. here is the profile.

Dyna Gro Bloom
(3-12-6) (NH4) 0.7% (NO3) 2.3% Mg0.5% Ca2% Fe0.1% S0.09% Mn0.05% @10ml/Gal

N 103

P 181

K 172

Mg 17

Ca 69
S 3

Fe 3.4552
B .691

Cl NOT LISTED

Co 0.0518

Cu 1.7276

Mn 1.7276

Mo 0.0311

Zn 1.7276

there are other good, cheap fertilizers with better profiles for mmj.

IMO Dyna Gro flower's profile is pretty damn good for the first 7-10 days of flowering. Which I use before I switch to my more expensive Dutch Masters Nutrients.

:wave:
~WDCF

Homebrewer

Veteran
I don't think I can add anything to this thread that hasn't already been said. I'm glad I learned about DynaGro after I knew what was really important to me and my plants (ease of use, cost, performance, pH stability, mineral content, etc), otherwise I'd have probably given it up due to operator error and the lack of cartoons on the labels ;).

Hydro:

Promix:

Last edited:
Nice bud shots homebrewer... Im very impressed with dyna gro in veg. Plants are looking extremely healthly.. Cant wait till I hit flower time lol Yaay..

Just for the hell of it I had some extra Organicare Pure grow(6+6+5) that I mixed with Foliage Pro and the plants responded extremely well..

Homebrewer

Veteran
Nice bud shots homebrewer... Im very impressed with dyna gro in veg. Plants are looking extremely healthly.. Cant wait till I hit flower time lol Yaay..

Just for the hell of it I had some extra Organicare Pure grow(6+6+5) that I mixed with Foliage Pro and the plants responded extremely well..
When you move to flower, don't be afraid to use grow and bloom. I personally don't think bloom has enough N to keep flowering plants green so a 50/50 or 30/70 grow-to-bloom mix works really well. I actually did a few tests with DG at another forum, the first test surprised me so much that I actually switched away from GH and DG has been effortless ever since.

Homebrewer im going to take your advice and mix grow and bloom together. I have seen both side by side test and was impressed with Dyna, that I find myself on the same boat as other happy Dyna user.

Im sure there's those folks that disagree about dyna just like some do about advanced(not standing up for advanced in anyway)

T

TREE KING

homebrewer i got a question for you. i just switched over from 4" squared grodan rockwool cubes to pargro quick drain cubes. the pargro's are stonewool which is similar to those b'cuzz blocks that you use. what is your schedule for how often you flood your tray from the beginning of flower to the end? could you please tell me how you know how often to flood them. im flowering clones with no veg time just so you know so if you could tell me what you would do in my situation i would appreciate it.

its insane whats going on with my plants right now. i got plants that have been in flower 12 days that ive been flooding once a day. when the lights come on the plants are extremely light green and yellowish then when i flood them with 1800 ppm an hour or 2 later they turn solid green again. the same thing happens every day and every day i raise the ppm by 200 thinking its gonna stop happening and there being underfed. i started off at 500 tds and ive had to raise it so much that im at 1800 now. could my plants really need this much nutes or do you think flooding more at a lower tds will fix the problem? my biggest plants are 2 ft tall and theres only a couple roots coming out of the bottom of the cubes. the cubes never feel too dry to me even before the lights shut off so it doesnt seem like its under watering. just so you know other than this problem the plants are extremely vigorous and healthy. just to add theres no way its a ph problem. ph has been 5.6-5.8

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
homebrewer i got a question for you. i just switched over from 4" squared grodan rockwool cubes to pargro quick drain cubes. the pargro's are stonewool which is similar to those b'cuzz blocks that you use. what is your schedule for how often you flood your tray from the beginning of flower to the end? could you please tell me how you know how often to flood them. im flowering clones with no veg time just so you know so if you could tell me what you would do in my situation i would appreciate it.

Flood as many times as you need to get the best growth. I flood small plants twice per day for 15 mins. Larger, flowering plants get 3 floods; I don't flood at night. I'm actually using grodan HUGOS for my next round because that's what the store carried, I doubt there will be much of a difference between the B'cuzz blocks and these.

T

TREE KING

heres another paragraph i added when editing

its insane whats going on with my plants right now. i got plants that have been in flower 12 days that ive been flooding once a day. when the lights come on the plants are extremely light green and yellowish then when i flood them with 1800 ppm an hour or 2 later they turn solid green again. the same thing happens every day and every day i raise the ppm by 200 thinking its gonna stop happening and there being underfed. i started off at 500 tds and ive had to raise it so much that im at 1800 now. could my plants really need this much nutes or do you think flooding more at a lower tds will fix the problem? my biggest plants are 2 ft tall and theres only a couple roots coming out of the bottom of the cubes. the cubes never feel too dry to me even before the lights shut off so it doesnt seem like its under watering. just so you know other than this problem the plants are extremely vigorous and healthy. just to add theres no way its a ph problem. ph has been 5.6-5.8

what do you consider small plants and big plants Homebrewer?

also do you think i can get bigger plants that are taller if i use grow nutes only in the first 2 weeks of flower?

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran

I know hydro plants react quickly to changes but to see plants darken up in a matter of hours is something i've never seen before. Plants can go from wilted to recovered in a matter of hours but a change in color? I've only seen that happen over a period of days.

I think you should lower your feeding levels and flood more frequently. You've mentioned issues in the past that have also confused me, perhaps it's your setup/environment/process? Also, with two foot plants, you should have a thick mess of white roots pouring out of the bottom of your blocks. If you don't, take a good look at why they're not.

what do you consider small plants and big plants Homebrewer?
Size isn't so much an indicator as much as how established the roots are. I've flooded 6 inch plants twice per day because the root system was established.

also do you think i can get bigger plants that are taller if i use grow nutes only in the first 2 weeks of flower?
Perhaps but the future of your plants kind of lies in the genetics. Give them the right environment (read: dial-in your system) with the essential elements and the plant will do what it was bred to do. I have leggy sativas that stretch until about day 30 no matter what plant food they're getting. Squatty indicas kinda stay squatty, ya dig? ;)

T

TREE KING

homebrewer you said "you should have a thick mess of white roots pouring out of the bottom of your blocks".

i know why thats happening. it because im flooding more than i usually do. when theres alot of water in the medium constantly then the roots are slower to spread out and look for food. this is fucking insane! the lights just turned on and of course i go into the grow room and there yellowish again. it never fails, everytime the lights turn on there starving.i just up my nutes again to 1900 and watered them. they will be fine in an hour or 2 but this is insane. i even flooded them twice yesterday and before the lights went off they were perfectly fine and solid green. once when the lights came on and again 6 hours later. i check the res as soon as the lights came on a half out ago and without topping off the res was below 1800. i always here alot of people say thats a signal to add nutes. the thing thats fucked up too is my meter only goes to 2000 and my water is at 120 tds. if i raise nutes further up i wont even be able to tell the strength anymore! craziness . im about to start a thread about this in the hydro section cause i need to find out why this is happening

T

TREE KING

im not using dyna-grow panicmode. i just wanted to ask homebrewer a question. if anyone wants to comment on my problem i just started a thread in the hydro section sorry for the change of subject

The Bling

to quote my best friend " THIS SHIT WILL MAKE A PLANT YOU ALREADY HARVESTED RE-BUD!" that being said he also thinks liquid nutes are horse shit

G

guest121295

I happened to notice this thread while scanning the boards over some coffee here...I have a 1gal bottle of Dyna-grow thats about to run out and the other day I was going to take a pic of the thing and toss it into one of my threads because this bottle is golden.I've probably been using Dyna-Grow and Bloom on and off since about 1988, its very hard to beat.I use the grow for my clones after they show roots at 500ppm's and my veg plants at about 1100-1350ppm's.I believe if you want a 1 part nute solution Dyna-grow will not let you down, Grow or Bloom.You can check my galleries if you have any doubts but I also mess around with GH 3 part in coco however I've switched to Dyna-Grow for the coco veg and the results are rather obvious.:) Try it, you'll like it!!

IMO Dyna Gro flower's profile is pretty damn good for the first 7-10 days of flowering. Which I use before I switch to my more expensive Dutch Masters Nutrients.

:wave:
~WDCF
Please explain why you switch. Do you get better results with DM after trying both all the way through? Never tried the gold line but have friends that are happy with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts