What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Incredible Results: Dyna Gro recipe

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
i just switched to powdered nutrients.

supernatural. gro and bloom terra. aqua is for straight hydro. terra is for soiless. only difference is the ph buffers are different for terra (soiless requires slightly higher pH).
with the buffer my ph is always spot on.

super cheap too. and my plants love it!

groTerra_over.jpg

bloomterra_over.jpg

KingDro

Supernatural isn't bad but its not very good either. You have to use additives to round out the elements that are missing. I think the OP was on track with this recipe. Ive been using Dyna Gro for years and ive been having great results. Im gonna try this recipe out for myself.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dyna gro

Dyna gro

I got the last little bit of a bottle of this ,to try once.

And I've been using it ever since,going on 3 years now .This stuff works great ,after plants are out of their seedling stage. All through the veg stage,till flower.1 capfull per gallon.

I buy it by the big bottle now,very lush vegging plants .Its only nute i use during veg."Foliage Pro" stuff works great ,the plants love it.Just figured i'd mention it..:tiphat:

Attachments

• foliagepro.jpg
    foliagepro.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 17
C

Carl Carlson

And I've been using it ever since,going on 3 years now .This stuff works great ,after plants are out of their seedling stage. All through the veg stage,till flower.1 capfull per gallon.

I buy it by the big bottle now,very lush vegging plants .Its only nute i use during veg."Foliage Pro" stuff works great ,the plants love it.Just figured i'd mention it..:tiphat:

^ 3-1-2 ratio

You ever use it in flower, just for the heck of it?

KingDro

^ 3-1-2 ratio

You ever use it in flower, just for the heck of it?

Ive been wanting to try this. In terms of plant tissue analysis the 3-1-2 ratio is right on, even for flowering. A little extra P and K would be good. Pro-tekt gives you the extra K and they have a supplement called Mag-Pro which gives P, S and Mg. Foliage pro and Protekt for Veg. and Foliage pro, Protekt and Mag pro for bloom.

toohighmf

Veteran
This is all good info, but nothing new to be honest with you. Im sure the more proficient growers around here have heard of a guy named Ph. He is the guy that really came up with the lucas formula. This is his website, you can download his spreadsheet and make your own nutrient profiles, which i recommend doing if you use GH. Pretty much everything that this canna guy said is all on the website, and it also has different nutrient profile recommendations and all that good stuff.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm

The conclusion I have come to after a ton of reading and research, is exactly what these guys say. Cannabis will grow just fine in a wide variety of nutrient profiles, there are other much more important factors than nutrient profiles.

BTW, Pro-Tekt is super watered down, not that great of a product. Its only 7.8% potassium silicate, so im assuming the other 92% is water. So thats a 35 dollar a gallon bottle of water your paying for. I use yellow bottles silica, its over 53% potassium silicate.

Tohigh says the Dyna Gro base is one of the best out there, and as far as nutrients go, i take what he says as gospel. He said something about electrolytes, hopefully he will chime in.

I just dont get why you would use something other than GH micro and bloom. I have tried house and garden, and botanicare, both are way more expensive and dont produce better results. Worse if you ask me, but im not trying to start that argument.

I think I was joking about the electrolytes. I believe I was talking about "Brawndo, the thirst mutilator!" "It has what plants crave" from the movie "idiocracy" if you haven't seen it, I suggest you rent or dload it.

ALL FERTS WORK. PERIOD. I can piss on pot plants and grow some decent nugs. I was a tool for so long! I bought into all the hype! There was a time when I couldn't mix a res with out using a dozen bottles not including PH adjusters.

After decades of growing I have gone 540 degrees.. Inverted like a Mctwist!

I started with a bag of bandini rose food. then found a hydro store and used up a can of super bloom powder. then went back to nursury ferts like Peter's. Jacks. then on to GH flora, then, SBA/B, then the Nutrilife heavy harvest line, then I evolved to the whole AN BS, and now I'm back to basics.
I like dynabloom a lot. I also like lucas, res/H3ad, B'cuzz AB, supernaturals terra, maxibloom, Jack's, and many more. it's the hydro biz game I refuse to play... or should I say pay. I havent paid for nutrient for over 7 years. I use what I have and I am rarely dissapointed with the results. If I had to pay for the H&G products or the AN shit, It would of ended after 1 crop. I used to live off trade show samples. no res was the same for a year or 2! Tell me, is it the ferts or is it the enviro, and you? :ying:

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good read Toohighmf....... After going through quite a few journals on this site. The results that some of these guys get using basic nute formulas sure indeed woke me up. Seems the less you use the less for something to go wrong. Environment Environment Environment.

I like the dyna grow / bloom / protekt.

I keep them at 1.0 EC Veg - Flower.

I use grow for the first 2 weeks of flower then bloom the last 6 weeks of flower.

Its as simple as it gets and the plants respond very well.

toohighmf

Veteran
I like your regiment. I advise a lot of growers to use grow food the first 2-4 weeks of bloom depending on the total bloom phase.

wdcf

I also use foilage pro I also use the dyna gro bloom and protekt
Good products but not top of the line, and foilage pro is underdosed for damn sure, my plants will yellow if im not using 3 tsps per gallon:artist:

We switched for two harvests, but the OMM the the Grape Krush did NOT like the dynagrow and we lost quite a few plants and yields were WAY off, although the Sweet Blue and Yumboldt tasted fantastic. We think we got a bad bottle of the bloom, though. It has chunks in it. We switched back to pure blend pro b/c we can't afford another bad harvest. We are very interested in what people are saying here, though!! Great thread.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I used to use Dynagrow many years ago.
Great stuff, but not sold locally around here.
What's up with that?
I heard that they stopped selling to hydro stores a couple years ago. I still have some that is really old....:)

toohighmf

Veteran
We switched for two harvests, but the OMM the the Grape Krush did NOT like the dynagrow and we lost quite a few plants and yields were WAY off, although the Sweet Blue and Yumboldt tasted fantastic. We think we got a bad bottle of the bloom, though. It has chunks in it. We switched back to pure blend pro b/c we can't afford another bad harvest. We are very interested in what people are saying here, though!! Great thread.

Rarely are batches bad unless your AN, grotek or DM. it is the transport and storage of liquid ferts that makes them precipitate and form solids. As a former nutrient tech rep, I dealt with retailers who just wouldn't listen to me when they had problems with their ferts. most of the time it was bottles being exposed to either light (greenhouse effect through a window, or heat associated with HID lamps or again window heat. nutrient should be stored in a dark cool dry place. If more retailers put a single bottle out on the floor, and pulled stock from say storage cabinets in a temp controlled environment, there would be a lot less "bad" ferts out there.

Because dynabloom has the most essential minerals in any 1 part fert, it is more likely to fall out of suspension without taking the neccesary precautions to properly store the ferts. Black bottles would help keep the light out of the bottles, but it doesn't help with the heat. My B'cuzz bottles have been good for 5 years in some of the worst enviros ever.. ie outside for 3 years under a tree, and there is no solids and everything looks great. nutrients dont work good on some stuff and poorly on others for the most part. unless of course the bottles have been compromised via poor storage.

toohighmf

Veteran
I used to use Dynagrow many years ago.
Great stuff, but not sold locally around here.
What's up with that?
I heard that they stopped selling to hydro stores a couple years ago. I still have some that is really old....:)

NGW or hydrofarm still distribute it, but is a orchid/nursury fert for the most part. hence the affordability!

KingDro

NGW or hydrofarm still distribute it, but is a orchid/nursury fert for the most part. hence the affordability!

You can definitely find it in hydro stores. Just call the company and ask them to tell you what hydro stores in your area carry the stuff you want. I heard that they started moving away from the hydro stores because they had the DEA check their books like 15 years ago because Ed Rosenthal got busted and was using Dyna Gro so to protect the company they went more towards main stream gardening. Now that hydro is more mainstream they are coming back with a vengence. In the past 6 months I have seen a huge increase in popularity. Last time I called the company the dude told me they are also going to have new feeding charts and posters and stuff like that for all the hydro shops so I am keeping an eye out for that.

As far as the guy who said foliage pro is weak..... you are obviously mentally handicapped. Foliage Pro is 2 times more concentrated than GH three part for example and it has a lot more nitrogen...... Sounds like you are the problem, not the products. Learn how to grow before you start bashing a product.

Toohigh is right. Most nutes work just fine. As long as they contain all essential elements in a soluble form in correct ratios the plants will absorb what they need. Dyna Gro is the most cost effective and easiest to use product I have ever come across. I have never used something that has worked better than Dyna-Gro. People just need to learn how to use the products before they claim they dont work.

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
does anybody know at what ratio would be similar to Lucas? This stuff is waaay cheaper in my neck of the woods. But the Lucas formula with FNB has been treating me well. Decisions...decisions...

KingDro

does anybody know at what ratio would be similar to Lucas? This stuff is waaay cheaper in my neck of the woods. But the Lucas formula with FNB has been treating me well. Decisions...decisions...

Hey man I thought I would mention that I messed around with FNB for a while and have had way better results with dyna gro. I think it has to do with the fact that FNB is actually a nutrient suspension as opposed to a nutrient solution like Dyna gro. Suspensions dont actually have all of the minerals in a dissolved form, instead they are stuck in suspension and are supposed to dissolve when added to water. I believe that a good portion of the suspension does not become available to the plant which is evidenced by the less than stellar results I had with FN.

As far as an equivelant ratio I am not 100% sure but I have found dyna to be extremely forgiving in terms of performance at different dosages so I wouldnt be too worried about finding the exact ratio. Just find a good feeding level for your medium.

RetroGrow

Veteran
If I can find it around me, I will switch in a heartbeat, as I know this stuff is good from past experience. Why pay 2-3 times as much for GH or even more for AN?

Latest posts

Latest posts