What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(In your opinion)Is growing weed for profit even worth it anymore?

Limeygreen

Veteran
To each their own, but OG doesn't do it for me, if you have some good haze or other sativas 2500 of well grown biodynamic is quite a fair price imo. When someone goes to the effort of flowering 14-18 week plants, bio dynamically that are grown, dried and cured to perfection they deserve that money if though they produced it for quite a bit less, no one else is doing it and it takes a great skill to balance everything for that great end product. That is just my personal preference and opinion though.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raise your hand if you know you're in the Canada subforum.

Specialize. The high end market is less effected by changes in the mass. Long flowering sativa, unique terpene profiles and quick adaptation of new techniques. Sungrown is nice and all that but the new legal market is unlikely, in my opinion, to include concentrates as we know them now, and side by sides are showing less cannabinoids/more waxes with similar cuts/soil/feed compared to indoor.

Or follow the money. There are many places abroad that do not have a liberal approach to cannabis, or are so far behind the times one can make an easy dollar bringing them up to speed.

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with Mikell.

Growers are spoiled. Gone are the days you could spent 10,000 on a set up, go down to your local clone house grab any Kush and get 2400 for 50 day boot fucked Kush.

It's all about quality now. My partner and I spent around a 1000 dollars a month on seeds and also have friends in cali send us slips of all the new strains. Sometimes we pay 500 USD per strain.

Honestly we can't grow weed fast enough. We are always getting asked for more so we are building more rooms.

Here's our current roster. If you don't know most of these strains you're falling behind;

GGlue4
Rockstar
Grimace OG
Goji OG
Ghost Train Haze #1
SFV OG
GSC Forum Cut
Animal Cookies
Jawa Pie
KosherDawg x Mendobreath
26 Cookies
Albert Walker
Grape Pie
Sunset Sherb
Gelato 33
Wifi 43
Shaved Ice
Space Monkey
MeatBreath
Dosidos NorCal Cut
Alien Rock Candy
Banana OG
White Pie

And we have Peanut Butter Breath, Garlic Breath, Stardawg 91 and Tropicana Cookies seedlings.

GMO and Weddibg Cake slips on the way.

Stay current. Spend more money. Can't pump out PK that 30,000 other guys are selling and expect 2500-2800 a L

Also, move. Gone are the days BC ran the game. I lived there for 15 years. Set up else where. Follow the money as Mikell said.

brown_thumb

Yeah big pharma is already getting its claws into CBD's. Luckily for us the synthetic CBD's are just not very effective. Likely due to the "entourage effect" as Gmack mentioned.

And Phillip Morris dropped $20M in CBD research last year; if you don't know they are a giant tobacco producer.

You think these guys won't GMO cannabis? Of course they will. Just so wrong on so many levels. We need a global seed storage bank. Landraces etc. This industry is going to get ugly fast.

I have been talking about CBD's for 20 years. Finally in a position to go big legally. But I need funding. And those bastards have so much of their own...sometimes I feel like I am too late already.

I need $3M to run a 10,000 sqft legal canopy. That's a facility and one year operating costs.

Will be using genetic markers to speed the development of very high CBD strains; have the ability to sprout 1000's of seeds in one location.

Hit me up if you got $3M laying around !! I'll turn it into $4.5M the first year!! And build a second facility.

Low estimates are 2000g/week CO2 CBD extract.

Wish me luck fucking with big Pharma! In the mean time I'll be in my lab if you need me.

The Shark Tank television show needs a new (more interesting) episode. :D

brown_thumb

Yeah that would be fun. But it not being federally legal eliminates 99% of investment avenues...

Not if the funds remain within the states in which they were made (within a separate State entity - corporations) and if investments only cross state lines when the funds are reinvested in enterprises sanctioned by Big Brother.

YetiOG

To each their own, but OG doesn't do it for me, if you have some good haze or other sativas 2500 of well grown biodynamic is quite a fair price imo. When someone goes to the effort of flowering 14-18 week plants, bio dynamically that are grown, dried and cured to perfection they deserve that money if though they produced it for quite a bit less, no one else is doing it and it takes a great skill to balance everything for that great end product. That is just my personal preference and opinion though.

OG does it for my back pain. When im not in pain i can actually e joy being high. Most stuff does not take away the pain and so i cant enjoy being high. I dont fuck with anything other than OG, chem, sour and cookie hybrids these days. Those groups and their hybrids work best for me.

Theres a market for a bit of everything now. The lomg flowers, ogs, commercial, pure indicas, over time im sure they will all start to see a realistic price. You shouldnt get the same for a zip of nl5 and a bag of og. Ones harder to grow, costs more to get the genetics and produces poorer yields slower... things like 12+ week flower sativas should cost even more per gram. Longer to grow and often poorest yields of all.

We should get a fair price for what it is. Thats my feeling anyway

redlaser

Veteran
You think these guys won't GMO cannabis? Of course they will. Just so wrong on so many levels. We need a global seed storage

I'd be interested in hearing what you and others think about how cannabis could benefit from genetic modification. I can see large company's trying to patent or trademark specific strains or traits.

Most of the genetic modification I'm aware of was to make crops able to take systemic herbicide applications so weeds weren't an issue in row crops. I doubt an educated consumer will accept glyphosate ready reefer, glyphosate is now required to have a warning label that it's a probable cancer causer in California.

I'm sure strains will be developed without thc, but you can already find low thc strains so not sure of what the point of that would be

brown_thumb

Canada vs. South Texas, USA... what's the difference other than we have a MUCH longer growing season... and can grow sativa varieties?? :D

mushroombrew

Veteran
Not if the funds remain within the states in which they were made (within a separate State entity - corporations) and if investments only cross state lines when the funds are reinvested in enterprises sanctioned by Big Brother.

You misunderstood what I meant. Banks and investors are afraid of federal asset seizure. And will not loan money to start ups.

Last edited:

mushroombrew

Veteran
I'd be interested in hearing what you and others think about how cannabis could benefit from genetic modification. I can see large company's trying to patent or trademark specific strains or traits.

Most of the genetic modification I'm aware of was to make crops able to take systemic herbicide applications so weeds weren't an issue in row crops. I doubt an educated consumer will accept glyphosate ready reefer, glyphosate is now required to have a warning label that it's a probable cancer causer in California.

I'm sure strains will be developed without thc, but you can already find low thc strains so not sure of what the point of that would be

I am against modification. DNA and breeding is all I need.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Fair enough, I am glad you found what you require for your needs, free market should allow you to pay what you feel it's worth, definitely nl5 should not be getting premium price unless you really like it and want to pay for it, while og may yield less and is harder to grow then yes it should cost more but I would just rather pay for haze than og personally, but that's my needs and preference.

OG does it for my back pain. When im not in pain i can actually e joy being high. Most stuff does not take away the pain and so i cant enjoy being high. I dont fuck with anything other than OG, chem, sour and cookie hybrids these days. Those groups and their hybrids work best for me.

Theres a market for a bit of everything now. The lomg flowers, ogs, commercial, pure indicas, over time im sure they will all start to see a realistic price. You shouldnt get the same for a zip of nl5 and a bag of og. Ones harder to grow, costs more to get the genetics and produces poorer yields slower... things like 12+ week flower sativas should cost even more per gram. Longer to grow and often poorest yields of all.

We should get a fair price for what it is. Thats my feeling anyway

troutman

Seed Whore
Canada vs. South Texas, USA... what's the difference other than we have a MUCH longer growing season... and can grow sativa varieties?? :D

Well,

1. Canada has more clean water. :dance013:
  2. Canada doesn't throw people in jail for 20+ years for Cannabis. :moon:
  3. We don't have lizards. :biggrin:

YetiOG

Well,

1. Canada has more clean water. :dance013:
  2. Canada doesn't throw people in jail for 20+ years for Cannabis. :moon:
  3. We don't have lizards. :biggrin:

We dont have lizards ahahaha we dont have any fucking roadrunners either ahahahahaha

Also, too true our water is much cleaner than the water thats from the tap in lots of new mexico, arizona and texas lol. Ive been on vacation round there. Skip the tap water lol in my inlaws spot in san tan valley AZ the water comes out white, 880 ppm lol strait nasty shit...

I envy the texas outdoor season feel bad for indoor growers lol the AC bill must be heinous...

YetiOG

Oh is that what that symbol is??

I thought this was a Maple syrup sponsored forum?

Cancel the pancakes...:muahaha:

Go get some fancy american syrup and stick to it leave ours alone. You have your own maple trees/syrup... You guys already drink 10× our whiskey we do now you want the syrup whyyyyyyyyy!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts