What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of Florida Crippy

shoreline released something they are calling Crippy.
It is supposed to be ecsd x crippy
never tried their stuff but saw the packs listed on a US site the other day

I only got 1 seed as a freebie from attitude. The ridiculous pheno I got smells like burnt plastic and pepper. Still smoking on her rosin, got about a half p left. She yielded 27% on whole untrimmed flowers.

HillBillyAlien

Puff Puff Pass Unique Cultivars Has a Crippy Autoflower

Description:

We have a lot more coming but today we're bringing in something special!

Showing love for the Puffington's East Coast roots, we're putting out a favorite childhood serendipity. Gainsville Green, aka: Crippy, has a long history with deep roots in the sunshine state where I grew up. I've had my personal cut in the vault for well over 20 years. Originally gifted from a grower in Crescent City, FL in 1994, this was a staple in my garden. Inbred a few times for stock and grown in production settings in Tennessee throughout the late 90's/early 2000's. Around 2015 I started working with a Florida OG and it just didn't have the authentic attributes. No being of mainstream hype I've worked on it here and there over the last several years.

This is a Fem f3 Auto made with our Lowryder#2 and my personal treasure 'Gainsville Green'. Micro batch, so stock is limited but if it's a hit we'll make it permanent!

70+/- Days

Lineage:

Gainsville Green (Puffington's Cut) x Lowryder#2

WelderDan

Veteran
Gainesville Green is not "Crippy"

Gainesville Green was around long before the name Crippy popped up. It was an outdoor, all Sativa strain that was bright green and piney tasting. Long spear shaped buds. Nothing like anything I've ever had called Crippy.

That Supaklown character that was claiming OG was Crippy and his daddy brought Crippy to Florida called into the Adam Dunn podcast trying to push his BS. They shot that down, and then he tried to say Gainesville Green was Crippy and they laughed at him.

Gainesville Green is no relation to Crippy, OG or TK, not even remotely.

Gainesville Green is no relation to Crippy, OG or TK, not even remotely.

I can agree with that, I've been talking a lot to my pops about the GvG because I was too young to be immersed in it & he was selling many pounds of it through the 80s-90s he remembers it in grow houses and said it was definitely a different beast than the Crippy, but was still an excellent Florida original strain, just like the White, TK, Bubba Kush, the Miami Piff, etc...he also talks a lot about this super piney stuff that would show up every Winter since the early-70s that was colloquially refered to as Christmas Bud and/or Christmas Tree Bud, I even remember it all through my formative years in Central FL in the 90s & early-00s...it was great, as well, no idea what genetics were involved.

I recall hearing about a strain called Kryptonite that I heard was what “crippy” was supposed to be.

This was in the early 2000’s

You could be onto something there, though there was a strain around called Kryptonite from the PNW, I believe that I think is completely unrelated, there was a strain that everybody wanted in the ATL called Kryptonite all through the 00s, people were paying upwards of $800/ounce in ATL at the time (same time Purple Ribbon All-Stars made the song Kryptonite) which I believe was either the Florida Crippy or some closely related cross.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
I can agree with that, I've been talking a lot to my pops about the GvG because I was too young to be immersed in it & he was selling many pounds of it through the 80s-90s he remembers it in grow houses and said it was definitely a different beast than the Crippy, but was still an excellent Florida original strain, just like the White, TK, Bubba Kush, the Miami Piff, etc...he also talks a lot about this super piney stuff that would show up every Winter since the early-70s that was colloquially refered to as Christmas Bud and/or Christmas Tree Bud, I even remember it all through my formative years in Central FL in the 90s & early-00s...it was great, as well, no idea what genetics were involved.

You could be onto something there, though there was a strain around called Kryptonite from the PNW, I believe that I think is completely unrelated, there was a strain that everybody wanted in the ATL called Kryptonite all through the 00s, people were paying upwards of $800/ounce in ATL at the time (same time Purple Ribbon All-Stars made the song Kryptonite) which I believe was either the Florida Crippy or some closely related cross.

Where's about in central FLA. Give me a hint.....

WelderDan

Veteran

A lot of people referred to GG as Christmas Bud. Everytime someone said they had Christmas Bud, it always looked like GG to me. GG was piney.

I always assumed Christmas Bud was just GG, because GG was all Sativa and didn't finish until November, ready for Christmas.

As far as I know, GG was a mix of the good Sativa strains going around Florida in the 70's. Colombian, Mex and Jamaican. Since they used seed from the previous year, it varied somewhat depending on pheno and grower. And I think that is really where the difference is. I think both were GG, just grown by different growers from different seed batches. GG was also known as Micanopy Moonbeam. It all originated from the same growers, but it kinda spread around that whole area. It wasn't 100% seedless, so a lot of folks were growing it from bagseed.

A lot of people referred to GG as Christmas Bud. Everytime someone said they had Christmas Bud, it always looked like GG to me. GG was piney.

I always assumed Christmas Bud was just GG, because GG was all Sativa and didn't finish until November, ready for Christmas.

As far as I know, GG was a mix of the good Sativa strains going around Florida in the 70's. Colombian, Mex and Jamaican.

According to Rick Naya, breeder of the GvG, it was Columbian Gold, he got from a bail of weed he saw dropped in a South Florida Wildlife Management Area, crossed with a popular Maui Wowie of the time...Miami New Times interviewed him and did a write-up on the classic Florida strain...people have called him the "great-grandfather of hybrid cannabis" and the Cuban Cannabis Crusader.

WelderDan

Veteran
According to Rick Naya, breeder of the GvG, it was Columbian Gold, he got from a bail of weed he saw dropped in a South Florida Wildlife Management Area, crossed with a popular Maui Wowie of the time...Miami New Times interviewed him and did a write-up on the classic Florida strain...people have called him the "great-grandfather of hybrid cannabis" and the Cuban Cannabis Crusader.

I've heard that story too. There are a couple different stories floating around. I do know it was a Sativa hybrid, and I would not be surprised if that is the true story. I'd like to see it again. In its heyday, it was some of the best weed you could get your hands on. And it went for $100 a zip.

I'd like to see it again. In its heyday, it was some of the best weed you could get your hands on. And it went for $100 a zip.

I'm pretty sure he said later in that article that he was attempting to resurrect the strain...he said he didn't have any of the GvG in plant form anymore but he still has the parentage he originally bred it from and is attempting to breed a GvG 2.0

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Theres supposedly a clone from 81 floating around.

They also have the Tampa Crippie.

https://www.stainly.io/en/sunshinestateseedco

A reputable member from another forum I frequent grew out several of that guys cuts including the crippy, TK, and gainsville green and said all were fakes except his animal cookies.

Honestly, anyone pushing the idea that OG kush was around in the early 80's raises a bunch of red flags.

capnCõno

A reputable member from another forum I frequent grew out several of that guys cuts including the crippy, TK, and gainsville green and said all were fakes except his animal cookies.

Honestly, anyone pushing the idea that OG kush was around in the early 80's raises a bunch of red flags.

His advertisement seems like bullshit ... if any one says crippy is jet fuel gas og they full of shit .... just another scammer using the legalization, internet , and stupid public to make a buck...

I'd put money his animal ain't animal but forum to

kalopatchkid

Veteran
We let some cannabis cup winners run our Tampa Crippie and posted on their Instagrams that’s exactly what they smoked and tasted, from the 90s. We’re talking old school, real deal, multiple cannabis cup winners who know their strains and stated so on their grow reviews on Instagram.

But multiple cup winners posted on their instagrams so it must be authentic. LOL