What's new

In search of Florida Crippy

WelderDan

Veteran
He is constantly attempting to insert himself into cannabis history.

The Adam Dunn show episode he suddenly claimed his dad was hired by Neville to breed crippy, and they had that scammer Osceola Heirlooms on vouching for Supa. Then he brought up some BS about there being a crippy red and crippy blue and they used to put colored string in the buds to know what it was.

That's a new one. I listened to the one where he claimed Crippy was OG and when they laughed at him he then tried to claim that Crippy was Gainesville Green. And they laughed him off the show. I can't believe he had the balls to call back with that bullshit story.

What a tool, LOL. And if you haven't read the thread where he claimed his daddy brought Crippy to Florida, it's a hoot. We tore his story apart.

2 more examples of his bullshit

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
That's a new one. I listened to the one where he claimed Crippy was OG and when they laughed at him he then tried to claim that Crippy was Gainesville Green. And they laughed him off the show. I can't believe he had the balls to call back with that bullshit story.

What a tool, LOL. And if you haven't read the thread where he claimed his daddy brought Crippy to Florida, it's a hoot. We tore his story apart.

2 more examples of his bullshit

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37982&pictureid=1346397]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=37982&pictureid=1346398]View Image[/url]

It's even more disgraceful for people like Origin_TK and Adam Dunn to give that clown some kind of legitimacy.

lLucky

I'm glad I saw this thread or i would have ordered the Crippy before, was weird I stumbled across it and then shortly after this thread appeared on the main page.

808 Genetics presents themselves to look very good, it fooled me :( hate it when people knowingly sell fake cuts or seeds claiming to be something it's not... causes a lot of problems for everyone

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I turned it off after Supa said his dad was hired to breed Crippy for Neville. Lol, he sure got some stories for a guy that has only been growing in this decade

Loser probably thought nobody would be able to fact check him on that... Well I did and according to my source it's 100% fabricated bs.

Crippy seeds.jpg

Well this is an INTERESTING discussion indeed! I've read through it, and I've got to be honest THERE are still some people who don't believe it. I was called crazy for insisting this isn't just a slang when growing 20 years ago and being part of an elite crew. Not just anyone was part of AE77 and IRC #smokers_lounge. That was INVITE only co-op, and heavyweights that have seeds that are well known Brothers Grim, Subcool, Vic High etc, and they didn't believe it, but being born in FL on the east coast, introduced to surfing and with that came smoking and multi access connections to Krippy, The K’s

Just like you Mr.philostoned I came from FL, actually born there and got involved with surfing, with the surfing came the introduction into weed. The K's, crippy etc was ALWAYS consistent when I started getting it. There might be variations in appearances, but the smell and taste didn't vary ever. Being in FL, the pine cones smelled the same as the krip. Being a surfer I had multiple connections and it wasn't hard to get, IF you're willing to pay a min of 150 1/4 or get compressed brick, sometimes decent or sometimes dirt for half as much.

Now anyone that wants to INSIST it's slang, I've got some news for you. The first is knowing a designer drug dealer, the works, cid, molly, shrooms whatever and this guy always had the BEST bud when he was around. He could get K’s all the time, all day long, but he didn't always have K’s on him. This is where the theory of slang stops. This guy didn't call G13 Krippy. He didn't call Original Haze Krippy. These were both DIFFERENT, and that's how I know. IF G13 and Haze were called K’s too and had the same taste I could agree it's all just a slang term during the 90s era.

Next instance was another guy, and I'll never forget the night he told me we were going to drive to Melbourne from Vero Beach to get Bubblegum for 80 1/8. Man that stuff was GRAY tinge how frosted it was. Granted and this goes for all 3, being labeled as KB or kind bud but they weren't called K’s nor smelled or tasted. I do think I had some NL and Skunk, again NOT called the Krippy.

Once I left FL I've NEVER seen it anywhere else again. Growers I knew that were part of this co-op in FL said it's not real, and I've always said YES. Something inside told me, this was being guarded financially for when times change to being more permissible and accepted, but only those in the know would be able to grow it until then. I think someone supposedly sent me something 20 years ago when I was building a seed collection and sending out GFW but I didn't get to finish it out.

My feeling being kept under wraps obviously explains it's elusive reputation and difficulty to acquire. So Mr. philostoned I think I know what you want, and it's the same for me and many others, it's the PINEY phenotype so deep and pungent, cool crisp exhale. Strong head high. It is the best after taste actually.

Anyway, DM has always been about controversy and the contrarian, and I've read all the smack about 808 genetics and this surpakaui dude in Hawaii, and what this guy claims has some kernel of truth to it, since it was easy to get in a ciick of surfers and it makes sense to me why it was easy to get being around surfers, and how it made it's way to FL. I'm saying this from a former surfers perspective, so I've taken the plunge and bought probably one of the last few packs left of Crippy BX x Heirloom Purple Thai, as well as Purple Caper Krippy Kush, Shoreline Krippy and Humboldt CSI Xmas Bud 79 IBL and from these 4 lines I intend to find the dominant pine leaning sativa pheno and begin backcrossing to a dominant piney version of crippy that is higher in sativa effects than indica.

This won't be LARGE scale, but meticulously selective in approach, driven by instinct and senses. My selections will never be for the sake of dusting to make seed, and if I don't see traits and characteristics I'm watching for will be a process of elimination until I have found that one particular plant exhibiting what I want for male and female candidates to begin the backcrossing stages to arrive at the desired pronounced pineine sativa dom phenotype. IF anyone can find it, it's someone who started out smoking it and for about 3-4 years consistently.

I will say I bought The White once and there's a relation here but I concluded NOT the same after consuming 1oz. Another phenotype that branched off the original is what I picked up trying that bud. Seems to be several, and yes I've had Pine OG too. It's close too, but again the K is far stronger in smell and flavor profile. Does this Hawiian dude really have it, I don't know. What I do know is the smack he's getting, is the SAME smack I got over G13. Too many talking smack and all of his seeds are SOLD OUT raised my curiosity up to find out what's real and what's hype. This is contradictory to claims I’ve read. I get the feeling some here have an axe to grind, and I'm no stranger to how that goes, so I'm not the type to see smack talkers as credible just because a group says don't get X seed strain cause they know for certain it's fake and being ripped off. Yeah, ok, right, not buying it, unless they actually went to Hawaii and saw the original, otherwise ask yourself why are most of the seeds SOLD OUT, w the last remaining at 250 for the 10 pack ?

At any rate this discussion will keep raging on, not just here but every forum until there's a widely available PINE version. This is my goal to do just that hopefully. I have heightened senses as a high functioning autistic, so this is my edge w trait detection. I want it, you want it and so do heck a lot more want for their stash and growing it so it seems. After smoking many different strains, including a bevy of landraces this is still like no other. I haven’t come across an equal to it. As I said w The White and Pine OG, definitely relation but lacking depth of flavor and odor the Ks have, but I intend to solve the elusive part of this strain by using these 4 lines to arrive at a super piney version of it. So stay tuned and keep your hopes alive. I’ll be ready to start once I have enough head stash supplied. Could happen sooner if the first cycle turns bumper

FlaDankster

Veteran

Well this is an INTERESTING discussion indeed! I've read through it, and I've got to be honest THERE are still some people who don't believe it. I was called crazy for insisting this isn't just a slang when growing 20 years ago and being part of an elite crew. Not just anyone was part of AE77 and IRC #smokers_lounge. That was INVITE only co-op, and heavyweights that have seeds that are well known Brothers Grim, Subcool, Vic High etc, and they didn't believe it, but being born in FL on the east coast, introduced to surfing and with that came smoking and multi access connections to Krippy, The K’s

Just like you Mr.philostoned I came from FL, actually born there and got involved with surfing, with the surfing came the introduction into weed. The K's, crippy etc was ALWAYS consistent when I started getting it. There might be variations in appearances, but the smell and taste didn't vary ever. Being in FL, the pine cones smelled the same as the krip. Being a surfer I had multiple connections and it wasn't hard to get, IF you're willing to pay a min of 150 1/4 or get compressed brick, sometimes decent or sometimes dirt for half as much.

Now anyone that wants to INSIST it's slang, I've got some news for you. The first is knowing a designer drug dealer, the works, cid, molly, shrooms whatever and this guy always had the BEST bud when he was around. He could get K’s all the time, all day long, but he didn't always have K’s on him. This is where the theory of slang stops. This guy didn't call G13 Krippy. He didn't call Original Haze Krippy. These were both DIFFERENT, and that's how I know. IF G13 and Haze were called K’s too and had the same taste I could agree it's all just a slang term during the 90s era.

Next instance was another guy, and I'll never forget the night he told me we were going to drive to Melbourne from Vero Beach to get Bubblegum for 80 1/8. Man that stuff was GRAY tinge how frosted it was. Granted and this goes for all 3, being labeled as KB or kind bud but they weren't called K’s nor smelled or tasted. I do think I had some NL and Skunk, again NOT called the Krippy.

Once I left FL I've NEVER seen it anywhere else again. Growers I knew that were part of this co-op in FL said it's not real, and I've always said YES. Something inside told me, this was being guarded financially for when times change to being more permissible and accepted, but only those in the know would be able to grow it until then. I think someone supposedly sent me something 20 years ago when I was building a seed collection and sending out GFW but I didn't get to finish it out.

My feeling being kept under wraps obviously explains it's elusive reputation and difficulty to acquire. So Mr. philostoned I think I know what you want, and it's the same for me and many others, it's the PINEY phenotype so deep and pungent, cool crisp exhale. Strong head high. It is the best after taste actually.

Anyway, DM has always been about controversy and the contrarian, and I've read all the smack about 808 genetics and this surpakaui dude in Hawaii, and what this guy claims has some kernel of truth to it, since it was easy to get in a ciick of surfers and it makes sense to me why it was easy to get being around surfers, and how it made it's way to FL. I'm saying this from a former surfers perspective, so I've taken the plunge and bought probably one of the last few packs left of Crippy BX x Heirloom Purple Thai, as well as Purple Caper Krippy Kush, Shoreline Krippy and Humboldt CSI Xmas Bud 79 IBL and from these 4 lines I intend to find the dominant pine leaning sativa pheno and begin backcrossing to a dominant piney version of crippy that is higher in sativa effects than indica.

This won't be LARGE scale, but meticulously selective in approach, driven by instinct and senses. My selections will never be for the sake of dusting to make seed, and if I don't see traits and characteristics I'm watching for will be a process of elimination until I have found that one particular plant exhibiting what I want for male and female candidates to begin the backcrossing stages to arrive at the desired pronounced pineine sativa dom phenotype. IF anyone can find it, it's someone who started out smoking it and for about 3-4 years consistently.

I will say I bought The White once and there's a relation here but I concluded NOT the same after consuming 1oz. Another phenotype that branched off the original is what I picked up trying that bud. Seems to be several, and yes I've had Pine OG too. It's close too, but again the K is far stronger in smell and flavor profile. Does this Hawiian dude really have it, I don't know. What I do know is the smack he's getting, is the SAME smack I got over G13. Too many talking smack and all of his seeds are SOLD OUT raised my curiosity up to find out what's real and what's hype. This is contradictory to claims I’ve read. I get the feeling some here have an axe to grind, and I'm no stranger to how that goes, so I'm not the type to see smack talkers as credible just because a group says don't get X seed strain cause they know for certain it's fake and being ripped off. Yeah, ok, right, not buying it, unless they actually went to Hawaii and saw the original, otherwise ask yourself why are most of the seeds SOLD OUT, w the last remaining at 250 for the 10 pack ?

At any rate this discussion will keep raging on, not just here but every forum until there's a widely available PINE version. This is my goal to do just that hopefully. I have heightened senses as a high functioning autistic, so this is my edge w trait detection. I want it, you want it and so do heck a lot more want for their stash and growing it so it seems. After smoking many different strains, including a bevy of landraces this is still like no other. I haven’t come across an equal to it. As I said w The White and Pine OG, definitely relation but lacking depth of flavor and odor the Ks have, but I intend to solve the elusive part of this strain by using these 4 lines to arrive at a super piney version of it. So stay tuned and keep your hopes alive. I’ll be ready to start once I have enough head stash supplied. Could happen sooner if the first cycle turns bumper

By some of the names you've mentioned curious if you may have happened to attend Subs "Little Jamaica" get togethers?

Well, I have news. I’ve been growing 2 phenos of Tampa Crippy XI. Up until now I had hope they would reveal the past. One pheno is like a variant I got in S FL menthol pine , however another pheno, the first place I tried in Vero Beach is dead on. There is this distinct note (funkiness ? woody? Gassy ? ) in the central FL Crippy, which this pheno has more sativa due to stretch. I’ve only got to test at 42 days, but whatever this note is a POSITIVE ID from the 90’s

image_2119676.jpg

image_2119678.jpg

0F790B02-6385-4C86-AF89-95743222FF8B.jpeg

764BF38A-22F2-4622-8264-9C837EA94CEC.jpeg

Attachments

• image_2119675.jpg
    image_2119675.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 115
  • image_2119677.jpg
    image_2119677.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 0F790B02-6385-4C86-AF89-95743222FF8B.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 0F790B02-6385-4C86-AF89-95743222FF8B.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

travese311

Well, I have news. I’ve been growing 2 phenos of Tampa Crippy XI. Up until now I had hope they would reveal the past. One pheno is like a variant I got in S FL menthol pine , however another pheno, the first place I tried in Vero Beach is dead on. There is this distinct note (funkiness ? woody? Gassy ? ) in the central FL Crippy, which this pheno has more sativa due to stretch. I’ve only got to test at 42 days, but whatever this note is a POSITIVE ID from the 90’s

View attachment 18099838
View attachment 18099840
View attachment 18099847
View attachment 18099848
Thanks for the update!
How did she smoke?
I ordered some s1 Crippie seeds so I'm hoping for a blast from the past

mikeymeteor

I'm looking for something close to the high and taste of Crippie from south florida in the 90s. It's very easy to recognize, but I haven't found anything similar with modern strains. I've tried Triangle Kush seeds from California, but haven't found that same piney menthol taste and high. The Northern lights hypothesis makes sense to me as it is similar on the exhale to Northern Lights. Also a couchlock indica and heavy. Anybody find the real Krypto around or is it gone for good and time to leave it in the past?

I'm looking for something close to the high and taste of Crippie from south florida in the 90s. It's very easy to recognize, but I haven't found anything similar with modern strains. I've tried Triangle Kush seeds from California, but haven't found that same piney menthol taste and high. The Northern lights hypothesis makes sense to me as it is similar on the exhale to Northern Lights. Also a couchlock indica and heavy. Anybody find the real Krypto around or is it gone for good and time to leave it in the past?
Have a look at my project thread on OG

I am recreating what the 90’s Crip was, possibly even stronger due to a new rare recombinant plant. Extremely loud pine/gas/mint terps that can make one gag and squeal to hold it in🤯

mikeymeteor

Hey I was following and interested. I don’t like growing Maui Waui in NYC, so avoid that kind of strain for my environment. I noticed the corn was crossed with that, but the straight up corn sounds better than any cross with it.

I noticed the corn was crossed with that, but the straight up corn sounds better than any cross with it.

Well, that may sound like it’s better, but it’s not and I’m going to show you the Corn clone vs Island Crippy, you’ll see why the seed plant is far better. And what is it about your environment that’s inhospitable for Maui ? The Maui is basically for structure, it’s actually quite short after 2 months

Corn clone

IMG_2558.jpeg

See how spindly it is…

Island Crippy (Corn x Maui)

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

So I think you can see it’s a sturdier structure, thicker branching than clone, it’s why it won’t be selfed. I’ll be flipping this one soon, so watch my thread to see how it goes, might be more convincing after it’s through flowering.

Latest posts

Latest posts