What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of Florida Crippy

highsteppa

Veteran
A reputable member from another forum I frequent grew out several of that guys cuts including the crippy, TK, and gainsville green and said all were fakes except his animal cookies.

Honestly, anyone pushing the idea that OG kush was around in the early 80's raises a bunch of red flags.

A clone vendor in my state was selling the “real deal” sunshine tk. Having grown the original, the sunshine is fake. Never even flowered it as it was obviouslly not Tk in veg by habit alone

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Dude u guys r fucking nuts.....I've lived here since 82-84,space coast area,east side....mi,CB,CC....all that shit............I'll just say this, graduation was in 94 for me...and it was from the mustangs.......

Nevertheless, the "crippy" that is being talked about,(don't think that's the actual strain name)..... But dude,back in the day it was either "regg"....or "crip".....
Now don't get me wrong,u could get some decent regg if u knew the right person for sure.......BUT THE CRIP!!!!! that was a entire different ball game....IF U WERE LUCKY,maybe u score a quad for 90,or a 1/8the for 45....but nine times outta 10, u we're either forking out a unit (100),for a quarter,or 50 for a eigth....

Since those days,(I'm still in the same area)...this "weed,kill,crippy WHATEVER " u wanna call it....IS FAR FROM WHAT IT WAS........a few heads I associate with have some,DECENT weed....BUT ITS FAR FROM THE ACTUAL....KILLER REAL DEAL WEED,AKA GANJA,AKA CRIP OR CRIPPY.....

It's been very long (except my personal grows)...to pump out shit like that...
Back when I was talking about,it could be a eigth,gram, quarter whatever...but u could NOT turn the bag upside down and have the weed "fall out" or "come/drop out"....that just was not OR NEVER THE CASE....it was always straight gas,skunk,cat piss smell.......FOR REAL!!!!!

ITS been forever,and I mean FOREVER since I've seen or had anything like the back in the day shit......

It seems like all the head around here r just worried about getting something that has killer bag appeal, (and super cheap price wise),rather then trying to find something killer....ITS A SHAME......the weed I got outta high school was fucking KILL ROY......

I was a grom back then(younger)....so wouldn't b able to dial in strain name...but "crippy"wasn't so to speak the strain,it was just kick ass FIRE expensive weed.....it was either reggie,or CRIP....and maybe it's just me... But I haven't seen shit ANYTHING close to that.....seems like heads around here,just like to get super cheap on the coinage wise,and that's that....which is mega lame....

They also have the Tampa Crippie.

Sunshine State Seed Co.

That might actually be what I was toking on (though I doubt it, seems a little hyped-up), given that I was born & raised & still live in a suburb of Tampa called Plant City. (The name of the town & my affinity for growing, curing & smoking a plant have not been lost on me.)

I guess I need to see about running some of their genetics, to see for myself...I'm also interested in playing with some Swamp Boys stuff, shit I know I was smoking on The White (Krome's Cut) in my younger years.

Nevertheless, the "crippy" that is being talked about,(don't think that's the actual strain name)..... But dude,back in the day it was either "regg"....or "crip".....
Now don't get me wrong,u could get some decent regg if u knew the right person for sure.......BUT THE CRIP!!!!! that was a entire different ball game....IF U WERE LUCKY,maybe u score a quad for 90,or a 1/8the for 45...but nine times outta 10, u we're either forking out a unit (100),for a quarter,or 50 for a eigth...the weed I got outta high school was fucking KILL ROY...but "crippy"wasn't so to speak the strain,it was just kick ass FIRE expensive weed...it was either reggie,or CRIP....and maybe it's just me...But I haven't seen shit ANYTHING close to that.

Okay...so you're half right...Crippie/Crippy/Crip/Krypt was most definitely a strain, could've had a different name in the grow circles before it hit the streets, but there was definitely a point & time in Central Florida that where what was called Crippy was one distinct very identifiable strain by look, smell, taste & other tactile sensory indentifiers (and you absolutely couldn't find it for less than $60/8th). Though, eventually, all super-high grade bud became known as Crippie around here, almost like saying quads or AAAA-grade flower in Canada. At that point & time there were 3 basic grades you could find Regs, From & Crip. At some point a gradient division occured where there was more than just low & high & super-high grade, it was something like Regs, Mids, Baby-Dro, Chronic/Kind Bud & Exotic/Crippie. Those relate to the commercial gradings, respectively, D-grade, C-grade, B-grade, A/AA-Grade & AAA/AAAA-grade. Nowadays we're back to 2 different grades in FL...Mids or Loud, and most of what they call Loud is just hyped-up Mids, including any dispensary bud I've tried thusfar.

My father sold ample amounts of legitimate Crippy, alongside Gainesville Green, The White & Triangle Kush, in bulk, he was a distributor from the mids-70s to the early-00s & all of his named buds, i.e. Crippy, were distinctly identifiable every single time. Since thin he has told many a tale from those days, the ones peaking my interest the most were the growhouses full of said Crippy...so I know it was a real thing, not just a quality statement.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
That last show made my head explode , Even Adam was laughing , "thats a story'" was classic
You better bring a mean set of mind checkers if you want fool the big boys. lol
MamiMango guy was dead on , Crippy is a popular term to describe good weed in Florida and Hawaii , Its not a particular strain or cut...
OG cannot predate Chem seeing came from it ...
Everyone told SupaK that is duck foodt was Wallyducks years ago , but he tried to keep the lie going as long as he can , then it was crippy , then the Electric ,
Cpt Crip soulAs crew rascal Elite Swerve OrgnKd all these guys were working chems and OG years before these Kidds even showed up .... rascal White fire is all over internet pre dating ANY Florida Og post .. Sunshine state sold there "crippy" seeds like 4/5 years ago , they were booty ... hope that wasn't the Floria Crip. lol LOL Faking The Funk On Nasty Dunks

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
yeah i only had a quarter oz of "kryptonite" a few years back. i thought it was some of the best tasting flowers ive ever had.

the buds were more elongated and connected, and less "pyramid og" shape if memory serves right.

Gainsville Green

Cannavore

Veteran
A lot of people referred to GG as Christmas Bud. Everytime someone said they had Christmas Bud, it always looked like GG to me. GG was piney.

I always assumed Christmas Bud was just GG, because GG was all Sativa and didn't finish until November, ready for Christmas.

As far as I know, GG was a mix of the good Sativa strains going around Florida in the 70's. Colombian, Mex and Jamaican. Since they used seed from the previous year, it varied somewhat depending on pheno and grower. And I think that is really where the difference is. I think both were GG, just grown by different growers from different seed batches. GG was also known as Micanopy Moonbeam. It all originated from the same growers, but it kinda spread around that whole area. It wasn't 100% seedless, so a lot of folks were growing it from bagseed.

Ndnguy's '79 X-Mas Bud Afghani is said to have been smuggled into Port Charlotte FL by boat from Jamaica and that's how they ended up getting seeds.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
I turned it off after Supa said his dad was hired to breed Crippy for Neville. Lol, he sure got some stories for a guy that has only been growing in this decade

Storm Shadow

Veteran
in OC SoCal ... Crip weed was slang for Chronic/Dank/Bomb

It was the 90's slang for what the word "FIRE" has become now....

ambertrichome

Veteran
My sisters boyfriend thumbed to Gainsville in 73, and talked about smoking GG then.

Another buddy worked for NASA in Coco Beach in the late 70s, and spoke of Kriptonite.

G13Fan

Hi forum ,long time lurq mode 1st post. I wanted to confirm there is something there in Cocoa Beach. 2012 or so I stopped into a pool room there and was out of green. I asked a guy who I thought most looked like one of us heads (we can always tell each other apart) Well he said "yes you are in luck and take me over to my apt a mile away and il get you some. We roll over and he runs upstairs and comes out a min later and hands me the bag of holy shitballs. The weeds was almost glowing in the dark and it reeked of skunk sort of but different . VERY powerful odor and it was super strong! no amount of bags could ever contain this. It was knockout powerful and yummy. I never knew what it was until reading this thread. Golf ball neon green nugs few red hairs just squishy amazing stinky ultra loud like rks smack you in the face dank but not like shit rks loud. I enjoyed that bag very much I called it superman weed. I bought crippy from shoreline and also skunk crippler (OG wheel chair crippler)from tnf hoping to get this similar bud somehow some way. I am wondering the story on the SLG crippy clone and the ecsd he mated it to ? How did he get it and from where. I have to wait until spring to plant them all so I am preparing by reading up on the offerings of crippy there are on the web. I want to get more from SLG as well trying the crippy first.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
doc posted this a couple days ago on IG :biglaugh:

picture.php

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
LOL

The crippy I remember looked similar to this, not some OG bullshit
picture.php

Last edited:

WelderDan

Veteran
I turned it off after Supa said his dad was hired to breed Crippy for Neville. Lol, he sure got some stories for a guy that has only been growing in this decade

Supaklown - I can't believe that freaking moron is still peddling his bullshit. Do a Google search on him. So many negative reviews. I think Instagram shut him down recently.

I remember him calling in to the Adam Dunn show claiming his dad brought Crippy to Florida and it became OG Kush. He was laughed at, literally. Then he switched gears and claimed Gainesville Green was Crippy/OG wich REALLY got a laugh.

The "Crippy is OG" thread he started here was such a joke. I hammered him so fucking hard. It was a riot. His first post was a cut and paste from a post he made on another site two days earlier. He was met with similar scorn. That entire thread was deleted.

He's a punk that tried to write himself into cannabis legend, but failed to realize there are folks that actually were around for some of this and were not impressed with his bullshit. He may have fooled a few people, but anybody that's been around a bit knows he's a joke. Needless to say, he doesn't show his face here anymore.

Latest posts

Latest posts