What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Imported (Moroccan, Afghani, Nepalase) Hash photo's and discussion....

sandsmp81

Veteran
After a long wait, he is finally here, ,,red Lebanese,,. Looks very good, also smells authentic, is still tested today. Whether it is really Lebanese is a moot point, I doubt it further, since the in the beautiful country unfortunately still have other problems....
View attachment 18838450

Looks like the real deal to me, I've seen photos and video of a similar product.

A lil spanish

Just now in Tánger .
Top smoke ....fruity flavour .
Thanks god for the plugs ....if not ...i'm smoking beldia lolol .
Best wishes .
Screenshot_2023-05-07-00-44-02-671_com.miui.gallery.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
That looks like those "recreations" that seem to be common in Canada.

Exactly. Legalization and covid seems to have killed real hash imports here. I can buy very decent legal hash (see my Marrakech Express smoke report) for less than the price for a fake import - let alone the real thing and I guess the importers have realized the same thing. :cry: That was the government's stated goal with legalization . . .

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love this thread. Though it has really burst my bubble on the idyllic vision in my head I had of the Asian and European hash markets being pure and honest and.... traditional. Lol. Still better than anything here in the U.S. except home made. Everything is rosin and juice and diamonds and shit I don't even know. Brands and collabs and endorsements and packaged and ..well..shit I don't even know.
I am really happy that people are traveling and purchasing seed stock from traditional hash farming communities everywhere and making seeds for consumers. I've made some fantastic dry sift from the plants I have access to or seeds. But the closest I'll ever get to these wonderful examples here in the states is growing seeds from Asia and making it myself. Oh well, I got nothing better to do. Lol

Birmaan

Just for comparison . . . here is a fake Red Leb that a friend picked up for me in a black market dispensary that was open briefly before they were shut down. It is a little too red to be natural and a fairly harsh smoke. A cheap imitation at best.

View attachment 18839213
Ooh yes the is very red..

I know darknet hash, amnesia hash from Morocco and stuff like that.... For totally outrageous prices and it's not good either. 😅

I once had a piece of black sticky, which was everything but a real hash, even after two years without being packed airtight still the same sticky soft texture, that was probably synthetic shit. :unsure:🙈

Since the CBD story, there are also always stretched CBD weed as well as hash...There are always two sides...

I must later times search the hard drive, evt I still have older pictures of the other red.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just now in Tánger .
Top smoke ....fruity flavour .
Thanks god for the plugs ....if not ...i'm smoking beldia lolol .
Best wishes .
View attachment 18839235
You wish you was smoking the real deal Caramelo( Beldia) instead of a no name melty Hash that has 3 different crops ( strains) used to make it so taste is far inferior .

Where the name of this Hash ?

Yeah this new school is melty but taste/High is far inferior to quality Old School Morrocan. ( new Style Morrocan is same old flavour and no distinct High, yes you get strong High but mishmash High , no specific High).

I recently met with a Morrocan farmer for a seed deal and I asked many questions and about him sourcing me the special Caramelo ( beldia) , I even brought him and his partner a joint each from my personal collection of Caramelo from years ago( 17g left from 200) to make sure we were on same page about quality .

I asked him
Why is new school so inferior to the old school when using new varieties with much more Resin and Higher THC ( im not talking about the usual 90% of low grade old school Morrocan, im talking the special Caramelo from Morocco) Beldia

His reply

Because when they make the Hash with new school varieties they have to go to 3 different farms and collect all flower together as no farm has enough of same variety to make it all from 1 crop

Also even if they use 1 variety unless S1 ( and its near impossible for them to get 200,000 plus Fem seeds of same variety) then there are phenotype ( say 3 , 1 like mother , 1 like father ( reversal) and a 50/50 pheno there is 3 types they using just from 1 farm and they need 3 farms worth to make the batch ( so 9 phenos) so instead of the Beldia ( special inbred landrace all same pheno or near that) they have 9 different types of Terp/High all mixed together so taste is lost compared to that special taste.

That's why alot of the new school Hash has some silly name on it, not the strain name ( and even strain names on Hash are 90% made up) so as I said a mix of different strains and even if same strain = multiple phenotypes all mixed together

Anyone who has ever made Hash knows a strain specific Hash is always better than a mixed run of strains , it brings out the unique taste High on a strain specific Hash , where a mixed Hash is still great but doesn't have those unique Terp/High.

Static sift of same varieties are starting to come more often , but 99% are not static sift and are labelled as Triple Filter which is what I mentioned above not static sift, very different product.

The new school look alot better, more melty , less plant matter but far inferior to the good old school ( and I'm not talking about memories from young like people talk when talking 20-30 years ago I got this special Caramelo ( beldia sitting here now so no memory loss or anything)

The farmer also asked me where do I think that famous Caramelo flavour comes from , I replied the soil as its been worked for years etc and that's what I thought , he replied no
That special taste comes from the area where they grow all the special Beldia landrace plants and is Surrounded by Walnut trees ( I need to ask my friend if it was Walnut maybe another nut but 90% sure he said Walnut) il edit later if wrong nut) but as soon as he said that to me if connected the dots on taste ( Anyone ever heard this before about Walnut trees grown in the area where they grow the beldia ? I never heard that mention before ever)

He also told me the Moroccan farmers ( the kids of farmers now , Old School guys retired) want to grow New varieties Because much higher yield compared to old landrace Morrocan they used for decades so 90% or more of farmers run the new school types so there is not alot of special Beldia available anymore and older generation like to keep it all now for locals etc.

Bless those old school farmer's who still produce the classic Caramelo ( Beldia) 🙏

I have this farmer trying to source us some of the special Carmelo for me and my crew and will post pics if I ever get any.

A lil spanish

Yeahh @ojd
Thats the truth ... I know this very good like u .
I'm not Lil bud .... 1 have 40+ years .
I prefer to smoke this hash than normal beldia because in Tánger people don't have the top beldia ...have low grade hash for sell in 10dh gram . Bad beldia with bad taste ... And don't like to smoke this .thats the reason .
The S1 .... Thats what i have in mind ...Maroc need this . Top workers with true S1 seeds in hands .also top S1 landraces . For why not?
Still have top beldia in Maroc . Its the most expensive hash . Top beldia top price .
But ... The market change ....business change ....people change .... Thats the Life !!!
I know grandfathers farmers. ... Now fathers farmers .... And also kids farmers lol .... But .... If you go to search top beldia ....you find top beldia . 100%.
I can take top beldia easy ... But its different for me . Its oldschool work ... oldschool people... different.
Best wishes.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Everybody use the chambers to keep the dust fresh . Prevent oxidation . I never see one of this chambers full of plants lol ... Full filled... Hella yes !!! But no plants inside ....
But if you go ... And pay ... You can make all what u like bud ... Ever .
Everybody dry out ... And use the chambers for work all day and keep ...
Its toooo much plants ...
Cheers!!

Hello @A lil spanish would you say the only difference between the old school Beldia and the new "triple filtered" is that the farmers are now using genetics like critical, amnesia, and tangie, and taking more care to store the sift in a cold chamber before and after pressing?

Is there any other difference that you know of in the techniques being used?

It's a shame that they are still drying the plants outside. If they dried them in a protected environment, the quality of the sift would be considerably better.

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
@ojd I missed your post when I posted above, I'd love to have a one to one with some maroc farmers to chat about what's changed and why. Obviously instagram didn't help. Before IG none of the farmers had heard of zkittlez. Now every batch is labelled some hype strain when it clearly isn't.

Did the farmer say if the techniques have changed atall? Why is the texture of this new school fudgey compared to the old beldia texture? Did the top oldschool beldia caramello used to get stored in cold chambers after it was pressed?

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts