What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'M COMPUTER F@$$%%$G STOOPID

G

greenmatter

really not kidding on that one folks. stupid is the word i chose because i did not want insult the mentally challenged. i need some help here and while i don't think you would need a computer science degree to help me out a back round in special education would be a plus.:)

so..... it is a mac

THE BIG QUESTION: how do i post a link? lame ..... i know

a little help?

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
really not kidding on that one folks. stupid is the word i chose because i did not want insult the mentally challenged. i need some help here and while i don't think you would need a computer science degree to help me out a back round in special education would be a plus.:)

so..... it is a mac

THE BIG QUESTION: how do i post a link? lame ..... i know

a little help?
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Heh.

Just type the link in... for instance: www.icmag.com

Then you can highlight what you just typed by clicking the mouse and dragging over it. Then you can go up to the little Earth with a chain-link icon (right above where I'm typing at the moment) and it will open a box for you to put the url in. It will then convert anything you have selected into a link with that address.

So you could type in "poop" and then highlight it and click that button and make it a link.

Like this:

Poop

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
my guess is the problem is the ... part. What you want to do is go to the actual site in the link. Open that in a separate window. Up at the top of your browser, copy and paste the full URL that is in your address bar. Use THAT for the URL in your link.

Try that and see if it works.

G

greenmatter

my guess is the problem is the ... part. What you want to do is go to the actual site in the link. Open that in a separate window. Up at the top of your browser, copy and paste the full URL that is in your address bar. Use THAT for the URL in your link.

Try that and see if it works.

after beating my head on the computer desk (alone) for hours trying to work this out my wife came home and 5 minutes later i figured it out. you were right about the problem, i am just too computer illiterate to help myself. thanks man:thank you::thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts