What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm back! With Legend OG Kush!

H

HemperorsKnight

So... what it seems to have to be is... there is no "wrong" Legend OG cut. There are at least two of them, completely different from each other, and very easily identified. The cut in this thread is the Crinkle cut. The other Legend is much more of a straight up Og Kush, with smaller buds, tons of spindly branches with long internodes, and more of the citrus smell/flavor.

As for the Josh D... well... first of all, I'm not yet sure the cut I have is the original Josh D, but I have no reason to doubt it just yet. Here's the rub, and it could turn out to be one HELL of a rub... I have a "Josh D" and the basic no Crinkle) Legend OG flowering right now, at the same age...and...um...they seem to be the same exact cut. It's still a bit early yet to make that call, but damn are they close! So, the Josh D and the Legend OG (non Crinkle) just may be the very same cut afterall, which would make the other name for the Legend (non Crinkle cut) make more sense: "Legendary '91 OG". See there? the Legendary '91 may be the same as the Josh D...the timelines fit perfectly. Again, I still need to get the Josh D further into bloom before I can make the call...that the two are the same. If they are...we might be able to stop calling the non Crinkle Legend "Legend", and call her Josh D, or even better and more accurate: Original OG Kush. Of course, my Josh D needs to be verified before the comparison can be made. Time will tell...

I can assure you...the two Legends are completely different cuts. In my opinion, the Crinkle is a pure Kush, or damn near pure. Once you grow and smoke her, there's very little doubt. She's straight up Kush, no candy/citrus bells and whistles. Straight up hashy, earthy, slightly skunky funk.

This post will guide me if I ever come across any legend clone onlies thank you CC

G

Interesting thread. I see some inquiries about the Cannarodo products with the legend OG and no one seems willing to respond. Its cool and I hope its not just some jacked up snob factor. One thing I have come to see is the cool kids kind of crowd and if your not in it you dont get any response. You types can fuck off.

Samson420

Cannarado just released Legend OG x the White and Legend OG Crinkle Cut x the White, all FEM. I grabbed a Crinkle cut after reading this entire thread. Stoked!

S-

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are at least three Legends. Likely more. I agree that the Crinkle is more of a Kush than an OG Kush... but as for renaming the Crinkle... that would only cause more confusion. Fact is...the naming of this cut as Crinkle HAS reduced confusion. I just visited a grow the other day that had all three Legends growing, as well as the Josh D. Whether you or anyone else doesn’t like it, here’s the facts: there are three well known Legends. All were named innocently and separately. The oldest Legend OG IS THE JOSH D (aka the original cut named OG Kush). I noticed this when I grew the cuts side by side, and now I see the same exact results in another garden (Josh and the other Legend OG are one in the same). What we believe happened is that the original OG (Josh) was renamed as Legendary OG at some point, then renamed as just Legend OG at some point after that. This is a common thing when folks get cuts they're not supposed to share. They eventually do share it, but rename it so as to reduce the chance of getting caught having shared it. To confuse everyone further, there’s another Legend out there, but this one is very simple to identify. It smells like straight up halitosis/Chem. It’s bud structure is completely different from the other Legends. But the easiest way to ID this Legend is that offensive scent.

So, for those who are still very concerned about this... here’s a very simple way to remember which Legend is which:

1. Legend OG is (likely) the original OG Kush (called Josh D nowadays). Aka Legendary 91 (shortened to Legend OG). Classic OG Kush that you can imagine Snoop Dog toking back in the 90’s.

2. Crinkle Legend is the less OG version that was also called Legend OG, but needed a unique name to differentiate it from the original Legend OG. I named it Crinkle during a very long and frustrating investigation into these different Legends. It worked. You can call it whatever you like, but this new name helped. People know the difference now. I suggest growing some Legends out, investigating, growing them again side by side, cross-referencing with other experienced Legend(s) growers and THEN suggesting to change the name yet again. I (and other dedicated individuals) did this investigative work.

3. The Halitosis/Chem-smelling cut also called Legend OG. This one may also be known as the Respect cut. Not sure about that yet, but perhaps someone who actually has some experience growing the different Legends can chime in on what the Respect smells like. If it smells like halitosis, we may have the final key to this puzzle. Crinkle Legend is a good name for a plant with the tendency to get crinkled fan leaves. It’s also a way folks can help identify whether they have the Crinkle or one of the other Legends (which do not crinkle nearly as much as... the CrinkleLegend).

Last edited:
Here's the respect 91/ legend og. Been running this one for a few years. My personal fav ogk. She reeks of halitosis/lemon heads and fuel. Good yields on this one also

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
See... that one looks similar to the Josh D to me. But the halitosis description is interesting...

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok... so... it looks like that other Legend in the garden I visited the other day WAS actually Respect. Nice! So this makes a shitload of sense to me, and makes me very happy. So... One Legend is the straight up OG, the Crinkle Legend is the Kushy cut, and the Respect cut is the halitosis version. Well now! I didn't expect to find that missing link to the story so quickly this evening! hehehe Thanks for sharing that, Toxic Hippie.

KONY

Veteran
There are at least three Legends. Likely more. I agree that the Crinkle is more of a Kush than an OG Kush... but as for renaming the Crinkle... that would only cause more confusion. Fact is...the naming of this cut as Crinkle HAS reduced confusion. I just visited a grow the other day that had all three Legends growing, as well as the Josh D. Whether you or anyone else doesn’t like it, here’s the facts: there are three well known Legends. All were named innocently and separately. The oldest Legend OG IS THE JOSH D (aka the original cut named OG Kush). I noticed this when I grew the cuts side by side, and now I see the same exact results in another garden (Josh and the other Legend OG are one in the same). What we believe happened is that the original OG (Josh) was renamed as Legendary OG at some point, then renamed as just Legend OG at some point after that. This is a common thing when folks get cuts they're not supposed to share. They eventually do share it, but rename it so as to reduce the chance of getting caught having shared it. To confuse everyone further, there’s another Legend out there, but this one is very simple to identify. It smells like straight up halitosis/Chem. It’s bud structure is completely different from the other Legends. But the easiest way to ID this Legend is that offensive scent.

So, for those who are still very concerned about this... here’s a very simple way to remember which Legend is which:

1. Legend OG is the original OG Kush (called Josh D nowadays). Aka Legendary 91 (shortened to Legend OG. Classic OG Kush that you can imagine Snoop Dog toking back in the 90’s.

2. Crinkle Legend is the less OG version that was also called Legend OG, but needed a unique name to differentiate it from the original Legend OG. I named it Crinkle during a very long and frustrating investigation into these different Legends. It worked. You can call it whatever you like, but this new name helped. People know the difference now. I suggest growing some Legends out, investigating, growing them again side by side, cross-referencing with other experienced Legend(s) growers and THEN suggesting to change the name yet again. I (and other dedicated individuals) did this work.

3. The Halitosis/Chem-smelling cut also called Legend OG. This one may also be known as the Respect cut. Not sure about that yet, but perhaps someone who actually has some experience growing the different Legends can chime in on what the Respect smells like. If it smells like halitosis, we may have the final key to this puzzle. Crinkle Legend is a good name for a plant with the tendency to get crinkled fan leaves. It’s also a way folks can help identify whether they have the Crinkle or one of the other Legends (which do not crinkle nearly as much as... the CrinkleLegend).

Why call it Josh D nowadays?

The majority of old growers around here know Legend OG as that cut. It was called Legend OG a decade ago. It was never called Josh D till recently when someone is trying to profit from the name.

One thing iveoticed with this cut is she comes out differently depending on what base notes I use. With a synthetic nute such as heavy16 she comes out more rank breath lemon head and fuel. With age old bloom she's more on the lemon head fuel earthy side of things. I just finished trimming a room of legend yesterday and I can't get that fuelyness off my hands.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I remember JoshD's cut when it was just kush. I also clearly remember when the OG moniker was added here in the SFV because of the proliferation of sub quality buds and bagseed grown by crews too far out of the circle.

I think they started calling it the JoshD cut because OG can be traced back to him for sure.

I am extremely concerned after seeing this pic on CC's Instagram page that this cut has TMV! especially given that it has been speculated that it is a chem D cross.. What do you guys think? Thanks..

Attachments

• 15877460_1285166281522202_8971275237744181248_n.jpg
    15877460_1285166281522202_8971275237744181248_n.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Latest posts