What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm back! With Legend OG Kush!

R

Rubber Chicken

Would like your results of the 2 different Legend OGK you have, if possible Crazy Composer.

I would really appreciate it. :thank you:

H

HemperorsKnight

Crazy Composer ^^ I'm with rubberchicken on this one that would definitely add alot of helpful and necessary information about the Legend OG she sure is a worthy line

Funny to see this thread. I got harassed a bit last year by the shmoe fan club telling me my cut is fake. A couple folks said Respect OG, some dude called respectOG on IG came around, but never had any evidence to verify his claim.

So here's my Legend, organically cultivated
IMG_6711.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

hehe still confusing to me. I DO KNOW YOU HAVE THE RIGHT ONE as soon as i looked at the first pick>>>and after smoking her>>. same girl, lovely gal

hI Man! remember me? we met at chalice 2016..... I'm the Brazilian guy! nice to see you around here!!!

I'm working on my IG account! can you believe I still haven't fixed my phone?! hahahaha

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Ah, this has turned into a conversation that you and I have had already. I have to agree with KONY that your Legend didn't strike me as tasting like a typical OG, but it definitely had growth characteristics and bud structure of a true hindu-kush varietal, not an "OG kush" variety.

H

HemperorsKnight

Ah, this has turned into a conversation that you and I have had already. I have to agree with KONY that your Legend didn't strike me as tasting like a typical OG, but it definitely had growth characteristics and bud structure of a true hindu-kush varietal, not an "OG kush" variety.

You know what the history and the lineage is of the legend og? You seem pretty wealthy in knowledge so it doesn't hurt to ask

Medfinder

Chemon 91

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RubbahChicken, I already did a side-by-side with the two Legends on IG a couple months back...BUT...Ive got another two running side-by-side right now. They're still too young to be able to do much in the way of comparison, but... maybe I can do a thread just for that...

Highly Selassie, I'll reconfirm for you that your cut IS the CrinkleLegend... the bigger yielding girl that is more like a straight up Kush than from the OG family.

Roostah! Nice seeing you out and about bro! Hope all's going well out yonderways? Sent you a text a while back to check in on you. No response so...Figured your phone situation must have changed.

Hemperor'sKnight, The lineage, I'd guess, is some sort of (damn near) landrace Kush or Hash Plant. Can't be sure, but she's got a very subdued, hashy smell. There IS a citrus smell, but ever so slight, almost non detectable. She's also got the mercene terps, which are responsible for earthy skunkiness... but again, while more prominent than the limonene, the're are also quite subdued in the overall smell profile. She yields like a pig, though, and is such a pleasure to flower out! Just gnarly globs of resinous golf balls from top to bottom. I rarely ever see a bud that doesn't fully qualify as rock hard nuggetry, even at the very bottom of the plant.

H

HemperorsKnight

RubbahChicken, I already did a side-by-side with the two Legends on IG a couple months back...BUT...Ive got another two running side-by-side right now. They're still too young to be able to do much in the way of comparison, but... maybe I can do a thread just for that...

Highly Selassie, I'll reconfirm for you that your cut IS the CrinkleLegend... the bigger yielding girl that is more like a straight up Kush than from the OG family.

Roostah! Nice seeing you out and about bro! Hope all's going well out yonderways? Sent you a text a while back to check in on you. No response so...Figured your phone situation must have changed.

Hemperor'sKnight, The lineage, I'd guess, is some sort of (damn near) landrace Kush or Hash Plant. Can't be sure, but she's got a very subdued, hashy smell. There IS a citrus smell, but ever so slight, almost non detectable. She's also got the mercene terps, which are responsible for earthy skunkiness... but again, while more prominent than the limonene, the're are also quite subdued in the overall smell profile. She yields like a pig, though, and is such a pleasure to flower out! Just gnarly globs of resinous golf balls from top to bottom. I rarely ever see a bud that doesn't fully qualify as rock hard nuggetry, even at the very bottom of the plant.

Thanks Crazy Composer I am stoked for if you do the new thread I'll be subbed

Nice crazy composer. Looks killer and such a strong cut with lasting power. My question is, when did this cut get the knickname" crinkle cut"and explain to me why we call her that.? Thanks bro keep slaying it

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice crazy composer. Looks killer and such a strong cut with lasting power. My question is, when did this cut get the knickname" crinkle cut"and explain to me why we call her that.? Thanks bro keep slaying it

There was so much confusion between the two main cuts called "Legend OG". So, during my investigation into the matter, a couple of us started calling this one (the fatter lady) the Crinkle cut, or CrinkleLegend. I also like "ShmoeGKush" hehehe The reason we call this one "Crinkle" is that about 75% of her fan leaves express a definite twist and crinkle during mid-late flower, and is a good way to ID this cut vs. others. Some pure landrace Kushes and Afghanis also exhibit the crinkled leaf phenotype, such as the "Puck" cut, which is supposed to be pure Afghani.

H

HemperorsKnight

There was so much confusion between the two main cuts called "Legend OG". So, during my investigation into the matter, a couple of us started calling this one (the fatter lady) the Crinkle cut, or CrinkleLegend. I also like "ShmoeGKush" hehehe The reason we call this one "Crinkle" is that about 75% of her fan leaves express a definite twist and crinkle during mid-late flower, and is a good way to ID this cut vs. others. Some pure landrace Kushes and Afghanis also exhibit the crinkled leaf phenotype, such as the "Puck" cut, which is supposed to be pure Afghani.

That's boss I didn't know that before. So are the two just different phenotypes, Crazy Composer?

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's boss I didn't know that before. So are the two just different phenotypes, Crazy Composer?

No sir, they are completely different. The Crinkle/ShmoeGKush/Malibu/Green Angel cut is pure (or close to) Kush. Very little citrus, greasier (wetter) resin, hashy skunk/earthy. The other "Legend" is more flavorful, with more citrus and a much, MUCH drier resin consistency. Both are great, but the Crinkle is a much bigger yielder and breeders (worth their salt) will wet their pants at the idea of using her in crosses.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
No sir, they are completely different. The Crinkle/ShmoeGKush/Malibu/Green Angel cut is pure (or close to) Kush. Very little citrus, greasier (wetter) resin, hashy skunk/earthy. The other "Legend" is more flavorful, with more citrus and a much, MUCH drier resin consistency. Both are great, but the Crinkle is a much bigger yielder and breeders (worth their salt) will wet their pants at the idea of using her in crosses.

Sup crazy??? So after all this ..... what's the final conclusion on this mess of names... which cut should be called the real legend... the crinkle??? And is the crinkle the cut you started this thread with??? The real legend??? Other respect og ???
Also non legend related but did you flower the joshD cut yet??? What's your thoughts ????

Shmoe and them don't think so. Anyway, EOS is running the legend I run next to the crinkle cut, so in a short while he'll have some direct experience from which to assess their commonalities

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sup crazy??? So after all this ..... what's the final conclusion on this mess of names... which cut should be called the real legend... the crinkle??? And is the crinkle the cut you started this thread with??? The real legend??? Other respect og ???
Also non legend related but did you flower the joshD cut yet??? What's your thoughts ????

So... what it seems to have to be is... there is no "wrong" Legend OG cut. There are at least two of them, completely different from each other, and very easily identified. The cut in this thread is the Crinkle cut. The other Legend is much more of a straight up Og Kush, with smaller buds, tons of spindly branches with long internodes, and more of the citrus smell/flavor.

As for the Josh D... well... first of all, I'm not yet sure the cut I have is the original Josh D, but I have no reason to doubt it just yet. Here's the rub, and it could turn out to be one HELL of a rub... I have a "Josh D" and the basic no Crinkle) Legend OG flowering right now, at the same age...and...um...they seem to be the same exact cut. It's still a bit early yet to make that call, but damn are they close! So, the Josh D and the Legend OG (non Crinkle) just may be the very same cut afterall, which would make the other name for the Legend (non Crinkle cut) make more sense: "Legendary '91 OG". See there? the Legendary '91 may be the same as the Josh D...the timelines fit perfectly. Again, I still need to get the Josh D further into bloom before I can make the call...that the two are the same. If they are...we might be able to stop calling the non Crinkle Legend "Legend", and call her Josh D, or even better and more accurate: Original OG Kush. Of course, my Josh D needs to be verified before the comparison can be made. Time will tell...

Shmoe and them don't think so. Anyway, EOS is running the legend I run next to the crinkle cut, so in a short while he'll have some direct experience from which to assess their commonalities

I can assure you...the two Legends are completely different cuts. In my opinion, the Crinkle is a pure Kush, or damn near pure. Once you grow and smoke her, there's very little doubt. She's straight up Kush, no candy/citrus bells and whistles. Straight up hashy, earthy, slightly skunky funk.