What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm back! With Legend OG Kush!

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Josh's cut is the only cut that has verifiable proof of having been kept intact since before 1996. No other OG cut has proof that they precede those dates. Stories and folklore, sure, but Josh is the only one with proof, and every road I've chased all lead back to these same guys.

The fake Legend is a renamed SFV cut.

Cornbread said he was chiefing Kush in FL as early as 92 in his interview on Adam Dunn show. Not that it matters all that much lol, I'm just glad I get to grow em and smoke em

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The real Legend (the one in this thread) has a certain look that the other OGs just can't seem to imitate. The only OGs out there that ever come close to looking like Legend are: Legend crosses with other OG Kushes. I've got it narrowed down real good now. You wanna know what the real deal Legend looks like...Check the pics in this thread. Even many of the folks who used to think the cut Joe Shmoe was calling Legend was the real deal now accept that it is a Legend cross, probably with a Chemdog. Great plant, but the true Legend OG.

KONY

Veteran
The real Legend (the one in this thread) has a certain look that the other OGs just can't seem to imitate. The only OGs out there that ever come close to looking like Legend are: Legend crosses with other OG Kushes. I've got it narrowed down real good now. You wanna know what the real deal Legend looks like...Check the pics in this thread. Even many of the folks who used to think the cut Joe Shmoe was calling Legend was the real deal now accept that it is a Legend cross, probably with a Chemdog. Great plant, but the true Legend OG.

Are the pictures on page one of this thread from 2012 the real cut, or the Legend X cut?

I'm assuming the legend x because of the post from summer of this year, but it's not clear.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, this whole identifying thing happened over on Instagram recently. Kinda still on-going. The Legend in this thread IS the Legend. I was calling it the "OGX" because, originally, I had believed the folks saying that the cut Shmoe was running was the real Legend. All this changed once I started flowering Shmoe's Legend cut next to Tom Hill's (the real Legend). I quickly became apparent that the Shmoe cut was a Legend crossed with something else, most likely a Chemdog male. I'm about 30 days 12/12 with both cuts side-by-side right now.

So...to be clear... I no longer need to call my cut "OGX" because it's not verified as the Legend cut. Shmoe's cut is a bigger yielding Legend cross. Shmoe is now aware of this and he even wants me to write about this in High Times to clear it up once-and-for-all. So...KONY, the Legend you know from me IS the real deal, original Legend OG Kush cut. ;)

Last edited:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cannot verify that, or anything else for that matter. But my keen ability to identify genetics tells me that if the joshD and Legend are not the same cut, then the Legend must be a first crossing of the JoshD. I can pick out the Legend from a hundred other OGs, but telling the difference between the JoshD and Legend is a special sort of task. I see very little difference. But no, I'm not 100% the two are the same. Let's call it a guess that it's either the same cut or the amazingly well-bred offspring of the JoshD cut.

Last edited:
heres the cut of legend ive been running for 2.5 years. shes got that classic ogk stretch and bud structure. she reeks of lemonhead candy and fuel. this cut is def not the sfv or larry and has zero chemdog in her.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

H

HemperorsKnight

Well, this whole identifying thing happened over on Instagram recently. Kinda still on-going. The Legend in this thread IS the Legend. I was calling it the "OGX" because, originally, I had believed the folks saying that the cut Shmoe was running was the real Legend. All this changed once I started flowering Shmoe's Legend cut next to Tom Hill's (the real Legend). I quickly became apparent that the Shmoe cut was a Legend crossed with something else, most likely a Chemdog male. I'm about 30 days 12/12 with both cuts side-by-side right now.

So...to be clear... I no longer need to call my cut "OGX" because it's not verified as the Legend cut. Shmoe's cut is a bigger yielding Legend cross. Shmoe is now aware of this and he even wants me to write about this in High Times to clear it up once-and-for-all. So...KONY, the Legend you know from me IS the real deal, original Legend OG Kush cut. ;)

White Mustang? Or chemdog backcross? The only male "chemdog" found he chucked which is why all the chemdog cuts are clone onlies and not preserved in seed in pure chemdog

H

HemperorsKnight

I was meaning different breeder's chemdog bx aside from the White Mustang which is the same

Beautiful work Cc !

Hope you dont mind if I drop a few nug shots from my last jar of 'Legend og' ( fake legend )- cured by accident for almost 8 months ( last jar , hiding deep in the closet ) I lost her unfortunately, but think I found a few good ogs to replace her.

Peace
Jj

Attachments

• 20170118_223157_002.jpg
    20170118_223157_002.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 20170118_223042_001.jpg
    20170118_223042_001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
R

Rubber Chicken

Still no help about the Respect OG 'version'?

I don't know how to send PM's on instagram...... i'm used to forums.....

KONY

Veteran
I dont understand calling a plant OG or Kush, when it lacks the very hard to fake characteristic of all the rest of the OG and Kush plants.

The large plant pictured on page 1 of this thread reminds me a lot of Abusive. It's very potent, but it doesnt have the Kush or OG flavor that I love. The burnt smoke just smells like generic burnt plant matter.

If you burn Bubba Kush, Master kush, or Hindu Kush. Or any of the common OG's like Tahoe, SFV, Fire. They all make the same sorta smell in the air after they are burnt. Doesnt matter if you smoke a pinner joint or from a dirty bowl. The after smoked smell of the flowers smells mouthwatering and is unmistakable.

H

HemperorsKnight

I dont understand calling a plant OG or Kush, when it lacks the very hard to fake characteristic of all the rest of the OG and Kush plants.

The large plant pictured on page 1 of this thread reminds me a lot of Abusive. It's very potent, but it doesnt have the Kush or OG flavor that I love. The burnt smoke just smells like generic burnt plant matter.

If you burn Bubba Kush, Master kush, or Hindu Kush. Or any of the common OG's like Tahoe, SFV, Fire. They all make the same sorta smell in the air after they are burnt. Doesnt matter if you smoke a pinner joint or from a dirty bowl. The after smoked smell of the flowers smells mouthwatering and is unmistakable.

What does your irrelevant statement have to do with Legend OG? I don't think you understand this thread.... they are trying to figure the history and possible lineage now if this isn't the chemdog progeny then this is the JoshD OG cuz JoshD says his has the columbian now if it lacks the Chem then it's the columbian I'm actually germinating some jaws gear legend og bc1 I'm on this threads to learn not to misconcept the truth and spread stuff that is irrelevant to the reason of this thread

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just picked up the Josh D cut a couple days ago. I think they're different cuts so far, although there was a time I wasn't certain they were different. I'll see soon. KONY is actually talking about a bud I gave him. He is also talking about it in a way that is unique to him. It's wonderful smoke. The 71 day sample I gave him was not the best example, although I can't figure out how he can't see that it is what it is??? Everyone has a different nose. I've grown abusive, and IMO this is like barking at a pine cone up an oak tree. Wrong tree. To me, they're completely different animals. SFV is very similar to this Legend cut, but SFV is a bit more citrussy and doesn't yield quite the same, but not far off. As far as that smell you're talking about, KONY, I'm smoking both cuts, and the smoke isn't that different. Maybe you had preconceived notions about the cut? I concede, also, that the plant you sampled didn't finish perfectly, either. Chalk it up to my shitty growing skills, maybe? Hehehe I don't know anything for sure, but this theory is the furthest from what the grow world has experienced with this cut thus far. It'd be funny if you're right and..the plant I love most now (this Crinkle cut Legend), is the same plant I already consider the most boring OG I've met. (Abusive). What an asshole I'd look like, eh! Hahaha

H

HemperorsKnight

I just picked up the Josh D cut a couple days ago. I think they're different cuts so far, although there was a time I wasn't certain they were different. I'll see soon. KONY is actually talking about a bud I gave him. He is also talking about it in a way that is unique to him. It's wonderful smoke. The 71 day sample I gave him was not the best example, although I can't figure out how he can't see that it is what it is??? Everyone has a different nose. I've grown abusive, and IMO this is like barking at a pine cone up an oak tree. Wrong tree. To me, they're completely different animals. SFV is very similar to this Legend cut, but SFV is a bit more citrussy and doesn't yield quite the same, but not far off. As far as that smell you're talking about, KONY, I'm smoking both cuts, and the smoke isn't that different. Maybe you had preconceived notions about the cut? I concede, also, that the plant you sampled didn't finish perfectly, either. Chalk it up to my shitty growing skills, maybe? Hehehe I don't know anything for sure, but this theory is the furthest from what the grow world has experienced with this cut thus far. It'd be funny if you're right and..the plant I love most now (this Crinkle cut Legend), is the same plant I already consider the most boring OG I've met. (Abusive). What an asshole I'd look like, eh! Hahaha

That legend OG has the same crinkle leaf as let's say Clockwork Orange?? Is the pic back in 2012 the crinkle leaf just trying to understand without being misconstrued by my own thoughts. If so hopefully I find one in the bc1 seeds I got the more I can find out hopefully it'll become easier to grow lol

Latest posts

Latest posts