What's new

im a freemason what do you guys think about that¿

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
My grandfather was a Free Mason and interestingly enough was a distant relative to the man on the dollar bill. I would remember him going to lodge a couple times a month with our neighbor (the two were very close) and finding the white apron stored in the tube in his closet. I was fascinated by the somewhat shrouded nature of what seemed to be some sort of men's club.

What they did exactly I wasn't sure of and I must admit, as a 9-year old it sure captivated me. I would ask questions about it like what the meaning of the "G" in what I considered their club logo stood for. He always replied with vague or curious, unrelated anwers. This made it even more captivating. I remember passing through a toll booth and my grandpa and the toll worker both had Mason rings, then they did the old Mason gangster handshake and I thought it was cool.

When I was a teenager he gave me a pamplet on Free Masonry and what the whole deal was supposedly about. Basicly the one important qualification was that one were to believe in a higher power, a God. Made me skeptical because of the vague tie to religion, something that I've long questioned. Nonetheless I had lost interest in the whole secret society thing. Not my cup of tea. The whole thing with the Prince Hall Masons and the Eastern Star, I thought was sketch too.

Many of their rituals and rites (like the apron) are full of biblical symbolism. Some of it seems like they are borderline into the magical/mystical arts. That's just what I could see from the lower ranks. Who even knows what the higher orders are up to. The layout of the lodge he went to resembled the checkered floor of Solomon's temple along with the two pillars at the entranceway guarded by the Tyler. Again, not my cup of tea.

Whether they take it seriously or not, Americans love the lore and history of one of its oldest cult classic's.

vanilla dutch

Freemason grave

Attachments

• 20200507_192739.jpg
    20200507_192739.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please everybody keep this thread going.the haters,well .anyway.busy day today.have a happy memorial day America.

Hey vanilla, we have something in common. I love purple haze too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoDaYjdfSg

I belonged to a similar club once; that raised money and engaged in altruistic projects. There are lots of these; Masons, Lions, Legion, Kinsmen, Elks, Shriners, Job's Daughters, Hell's Angels.

I left because I did not have the same need to fulfill some insecurity through self-congratulatory reciprocal assurance. I did, however learn how to give speeches and engage these organizations to support my own altruistic activities. Hypocritical eh?

Do you mind telling what is your first language? I apologize if you've already said.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Please everybody keep this thread going.the haters,well .anyway.busy day today.have a happy memorial day America.
It seems these days when one has a differing opinion, we are labelled "haters". When has that started? It seems (not only here) that if you disagree with something or some content, you are labelled a hater, and then we wonder why the entire world is so frigged up!

Yet, this is the title of your thread " im a freemason what do you guys think about that¿ (with an upside down ?)"

With most humility, what was the purpose of this thread?

As you, everyone on this forum has the right to their own reflection on the subject, not censored because you may not like their opinions on the subject. You don't get to pick and choose who you talked to. If you don't like someone in particular, place them on ignore so you don't have to read their replies!

vanilla dutch

My official language is freemason.thanks for asking. I am anglo- saxon. sorry if I've repeated this if not thank you for asking.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Perhaps in your opinion. With a phrase like this "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please everybody keep this thread going.the haters,well... " Seems like someone else on here uses the same line when folks do not agree with him. Are you two related?

Folks have asked questions wrt your practice in order to better understand, yet, regardless of what they asked, those question remained unanswered.

So again, what is the purpose of this thread? To post unsolicited pictures with little relevance to the subject at hand. It seems, others share this perspective as well.
[/FONT]

vanilla dutch

Keep arguing to yourself. Sarcasism . Anyway this thread is getting off topic quick.i will no longer respond to these types of posts for future reference.you see the door now show yourself out.ignore is not needed here.anyway

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Keep arguing to yourself. Sarcasism . Anyway this thread is getting off topic quick.i will no longer respond to these types of posts for future reference.you see the door now show yourself out.ignore is not needed here.anyway

You have really have not responded to any questions in a clear or concise manner.

I have been a member here a long time and I will call bullshit when i see it...and you good sir, are full of shit.

Why start a thread asking for people to ask questions, and then not answer them.

You know this is a cannabis forum, primarily for those who grow...not a quizzical Freemasonry forum.

What is the point of all of your sloppy sideways pictures and pics of store bought weed.....talk about somebody with too much time on their hands.

You have brought absolutely zero value to this forum. I was curious at first, but at this b.s. continues i'm curious of your motives. Lets see how long the mods let this roll.

Cvh

Supermod
Free ☕ 🦫
I have seen you posting it several times already. So I got to ask, why is your lodge so keen on recruiting Gypsy?

What's the plan/idea behind it? Are you guys trying to gain some power over the internet cannabis society by recruiting the person behind the most influential Cannabis forum?

Also how did you learn about Gypsy before you even joined the forum? Where you watching us before you joined?

I personally only learned about Gypsy after I joined ICMag.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have seen you posting it several times already. So I got to ask, why is your lodge so keen on recruiting Gypsy?

What's the plan/idea behind it? Are you guys trying to gain some power over the internet cannabis society by recruiting the person behind the most influential Cannabis forum?

Also how did you learn about Gypsy before you even joined the forum? Where you watching us before you joined?

I personally only learned about Gypsy after I joined ICMag.

Who is Gypsy?

vanilla dutch

Just read the entire thread front to back.will answer the questions I did not have time to answer.only up to page 28. As they were first and more important than the obvisous hate posts .will post within the next couple of hours.thankx for understanding.

vanilla dutch

Galvano- I thought about existence and the only answer I have come up with is my parents had sex.lol.but seriously what else is there this is all that's ever been known.

Gmt- membership is not a secret just fakes/cowen don't want you to know there fake. If I understand ur question.my friend after giving him some reading room material said it sounded close to Scientology.

Stizo- would I join Scientology for what would be my answer.there weird. Epstein no he's not a member. Are we in China yes.

The Kennedy assanation is not us nor would we do something like that.more than likely the government or nutjob.

MD84 We saved the bank of England from collapse because it was the right thing to do.nothing we profited from.

Cmoon- built on goodness.whether or not ur a good person.andbto be honest almost impossible to join were that good.

Gmt- no restrictions just 2 requirements I mentioned earlier.

Jock420- ur rite it's about becoming a better individual and making a better world.its not easy though.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.