What's new

If you HAD TO ABSOLUTELY pick from 1 of these nute companies which would it be?

If you HAD TO ABSOLUTELY pick from 1 of these nute companies which would it be?

• Cutting Edge Solutions

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Supernatural Brands

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • General Hydroponics FloraNova Series

Votes: 69 29.9%
  • General Hydroponics Flora Series(3-part)

Votes: 144 62.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wat's up everyone. I am a Dutch Master Gold user, and have been for over a year now. Well I have finally made the decision of dropping Dutch Master from my vocabulary. I have some nutes left from DM which I will be hopefully finishing up, growing some tomatoes and sweet peppers.

Now please understand wat the purpose of this thread is. I'm not askin wat nute company people use. I'm not interested in Advanced Nutrients, CANNA, or any other nute company besides the ones which are the topic of this thread. . I'm not saying that if u use AN products now, and u used to use 1 of the companies listed below, u can't share ur info. PLEASE DO. Tell me why u left GH to go to AN. That's cool. Don't try to sell me AN though, is wat I'm sayin. Don't tell me wat products u use , nor ur experience with AN...... Not interested. Ur experience with these nute co. listed in this thread is wat I would love. Whether it be bad or good. I want to know!!!!!!!

I already own the WHOLE nute line of the nute companies I'm about to list. The only nue company that I only have the essentials(not the whole line) is General Hydroponics. The recipe/products I have for GH is this: For Base Nutes I have, FloraNova(grow & flower) and Flora Series(3-part). Supplement are FloraBlend, Floralicious Plus, Liquid KoolBloom, FloraNectar. But the other 2 nute companies I have the entire nute line.

So here it is people, which of these will be the favorite nute companies?
1)Cutting Edge Solutions
2)Supernatural Brand
3)General Hydroponics FloraNova series
4)General Hydroponics Flora Series(3-part)

I personally am torn between Cutting Edge Solutions, and GH FloraNova Series. I will be using Coco mixed with Hydroton, in an Ebb & Flow system. Wat u think?

Last edited:

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
#4 without any doubt at all, but go with the 2 part Lucas form... biggest bang for buck IMO

I have wasted thousands of dollars goofing around with fancy nutes and always went back to GH nutes, rapid reliable growth.

#4 without any doubt at all, but go with the 2 part Lucas form... biggest bang for buck IMO

I have wasted thousands of dollars goofing around with fancy nutes and always went back to GH nutes, rapid reliable growth.
LOL. At least u wasted "goofing around" with other nute companies. I spent it all on Dutch Master. LMFAO! I made that freakin company rich, with my stupidity! LMAO! Thanks for the quick response, and opinion brother. Don't forget to vote at the poll on top though. Happy growing bro. Peace. 3-11, 3-3-11.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Flora Nova =Lucas formula.
Can't beat it in coco.
I add Bloombastic for incredible crystals and tight buds.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
The Nova is messy and very high maintenance especially in Aero, Never cared for it, didn't improve yield just increased clean up time alot!

I will be using watever I use in a 50/50 Coco/Hydroton mix. With an inch of Hydroton at the bottom of the pot. And it will be done in an Ebb and Flow system.

Flora Nova =Lucas formula.
Can't beat it in coco.
I add Bloombastic for incredible crystals and tight buds.
I will be using coco. I will be using Hygrozyme, Humboldt County's Own Gravity(for my tight buds), and maybe, just maybe, finish it off with AN Overdrive. Don't know if I should use Fulvic Acid this go. Never grown in Coco, soooooooo, don't wanna mess it up with a bunch of stuff.

The Nova is messy and very high maintenance especially in Aero, Never cared for it, didn't improve yield just increased clean up time alot!
I can see how the FloraNova is messy, as it is thick as mud. But I LOVE that nasty smell it has. Just like the Floralicious Plus! YUMMY! But I will be growin Ebb and Flow.

Hey guys why aren't u guys voting???? I got a poll up there. I appreciate the input, MOST DEF, but let's get some votes goin. Just in case u guys didn't see, I got a poll vote at the top of this thread. Please put ur votes in also. I'll place mine when I have decided on which to go with.

F_T_P!

I use 2 part flora 6/9 micro/bloom for my veg and it works great. I'm going to try the DM Gold this run for flower.

Why are you switching, is it price or performance?

I use 2 part flora 6/9 micro/bloom for my veg and it works great. I'm going to try the DM Gold this run for flower.

Why are you switching, is it price or performance?
Dude DM is horrible. IMO. Honestly it isn't pricey. It's actually pretty cheap. But U can't really use any additives with it cause it's VERY sensitive. DM also left a taste on my buds, making all my buds sorta taste the same, or have a similar taste. Also something makes me wanna sneeze, every time I take a toke. 5 grows and I still feel like sneezing every time I smoke my bud. I went to my local hydro store yesterday, and I'm cool with the dude, and he told me that A LOT people have complained about their veggies having a "synthetic" taste. And thats the only stuff I haven't changed about my recipe is the DM, so now I know it's the DM making my buds have that taste. Oh yeah, I do flush for 2 weeks. I will not tell u to buy DM cause that's just rude of me, But I will tell u don't waste ur money. If u wanna try some different new nute companies(like the ones I've listed), send them an email and ask for a sample. The guys over at Cutting Edge Solution & Supernatural Brand are really cool, and if u email them with a request, they will respond ASAP(24-48hrs). 3-11, 3-3-11.

F_T_P!

Thanks for the advice, too bad I already bought this stuff (unopened). I know exactly what you are talking about sneezy and chemy.

I will see if I can trade this in from something else.

MR_Falcon

Veteran
#4 gh- lucas formula w/ gh additives in coco is a blast...i luv em. i didnt like hygrozyme in this mix. it f-ed my ph bigtime.

TND

couldn't say it any better....

cutting edge solutions. They also grow in coco.
Jesco, have u used their products? The guys I spoke to their seemed knowledgeable. They were very helpful and cool with me. And I know that anybody looking to make money will be nice to customers, but that's not always the case you know. Advanced Nutrients proved to me their A-holes, but they did it in a nice way, though. They were REAL polite as they said "the hell with you" The guys at CES were great as I said. So was the gentleman over at GH, and at Supernatural brands.