What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If you feel like smacking your forehead & saying WTF. Your welcome here. Come on in!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I run blocks of coco. When the bags sit at the store next to soil mixes bugs can get into the coco from the soil. They don't get into the blocks.

To rehydrate the blocks I put the block into a 27 gallon ruff duty tote with 7-8 gallons of water. Let it set for a little bit and it will swell up fine with cold water. Then when I use it I flush it with the new plant in with about 3 times what I would normally water with. Then let it set for 2-4 days and then start watering as usual. Which is when the top starts to dry.

As for 6/9 it works great for coco. It cost more than jacks 5-12-26 so I don't use it. You can use GH or jungle juice with good results but it cost about ten times more than jacks.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Question for you or anyone with a opinion on the subject. How big do you think my clones will get? What size would you pull them at ?
:tiphat:

Yeah, the cloner provides an environment for getting cuts to pop nice roots. Coco coir is the environment for the new roots to grow and spread out into. I prefer planting when the roots are an inch or two long. I think they'd rather arrange themselves than have me do it for them. Of course if you can find success cloning cuts in cups of coir then you're a step ahead in the game.

Foreman000

I feel really late to this 6/9 thing, any good threads you could point me to? I've been looking around and see diff. opinions, curious to see what got you on it.

Re good threads. Ichabod has an awesome one. If you don't mind chicken feathers flying around. I've seen you on Marlo & Hundred gram oz threads. Silver Hawain op. Is straight up good info. Greatful head has a good one. And I like bobblehead & Mr. D. Very informative & knowledgeable. Ariminius is all that too. I see these guys post up I'm in.

Foreman000

And I'm leaving out more than my short term is allowing me at this time. There are soooo many more. This site is the shit. I'm just happy to be here :woohoo:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I use the blocks in about 20 minutes.

Fed ex.

My nute mix is on my vertical scrog thread. Just read a few pages and you will find it. If you can't get the MKP I list no biggy just use the jacks as listed for the first week of flower till flush.

All the other stuff you listed I have not tried except the hygrozyme. The hygrozyme is overpriced. Get some pond cleaner that is barley based if you want to use it. But you don't need it.

Foreman000

After much research into many of those members threads, which are all O.G's imo, I think I'm gonna try Jack's. The 6/9 still comes out to costing me almost the same as what I'm running now. Also running the bags over the blocks for now because they are shipped direct without bugs and I don't want to wait 2-3 days to use it, I'll pay the 4-5$ diff.

Few questions for Ichabod:

FeEd or Regular?

The msds on the feed looks more impressive with the (pek acid/calmag/313 npk ratio) but maybe you have other thoughts?

Anything else you'd recommend with jacks? I was planning on running MagiCal/Fulpower/SeaGreenHydro/Hygrozyme/Cytoplus/SonicBloom with it.

I highly appreciate all advice and comments.

Hows the alien looking Foreman?! I'm hopefully gonna finalize my 4x5 panda film flower room for my alien mom this weekend =]

OG's you got that right:tiphat: I'm slacking. I take pictures then I say fuck an update. Sorry for being lazy:comfort: been a busy week I'll get busy here in a minute :)

Foreman000

Yeah, the cloner provides an environment for getting cuts to pop nice roots. Coco coir is the environment for the new roots to grow and spread out into. I prefer planting when the roots are an inch or two long. I think they'd rather arrange themselves than have me do it for them. Of course if you can find success cloning cuts in cups of coir then you're a step ahead in the game.

:laughing: Me ahead of the game.

Foreman000

I run blocks of coco. When the bags sit at the store next to soil mixes bugs can get into the coco from the soil. They don't get into the blocks.

To rehydrate the blocks I put the block into a 27 gallon ruff duty tote with 7-8 gallons of water. Let it set for a little bit and it will swell up fine with cold water. Then when I use it I flush it with the new plant in with about 3 times what I would normally water with. Then let it set for 2-4 days and then start watering as usual. Which is when the top starts to dry.

As for 6/9 it works great for coco. It cost more than jacks 5-12-26 so I don't use it. You can use GH or jungle juice with good results but it cost about ten times more than jacks.

And you. I got something to say to you buddy, just not sure what it is yet. For real tho. Lemme drink about it:moon:

Foreman000

Ok done gathering my thoughts. My bricks come fed ex too. Sounds like your doing the bigger blocks instead of a single at a time. True? And I'm using the 6/9 GH because it's what I had. Are you using Jacks because you see better results & it's cheaper. Or are you using jacks because it's cheaper with the same results?

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Because its cheaper and I need the money for fried chicken. Oh and less trips to the hydro store. I didn't notice any difference in how it works.

Foreman000

Because its cheaper and I need the money for fried chicken. Oh and less trips to the hydro store. I didn't notice any difference in how it works.

Thank you for the answer sir. So at least I'm not throwing away some perfectly good nutes today. And extra money for some KFC:biggrin:

So like I was sayiny I'm available to watch your plants anytime. My prices are not cheap. But hey look what I can do for you. My work speaks for itself.

Guess who forgot to turn the cloner on again. :wallbash:

Foreman000

That happened the day before yesterday. So I turned it on yesterday & let them go another night. Today I transplanted them. I did 13 in 4x4 pots in straight coco with 1/2 strength 6/9. I'm hoping at least 8-10 make it. And if I would have took the advice of the good people around here & transplanted them 4 days ago. Then what would I have to bitch about ? I'm sure I could find some thing but I have better things to do.

Foreman000

Ichabod you're awesome dude !

So instead of transplanting clones I was trying to get some work on the room instead. Coming into the storage room I started putting plywood on the already insulated walls & ceiling. Insulated the floor in the grow area with a 2" rigid insulation. I ran a 2" pipe outside to the center of the room. For my future drain to waste system. There's going to be another layer of tapered insulation that all water will drain to the middle to the drain. It will have an 1/8" slope per foot on all sides. No matter where you pour water in the room it will go to the drain. Then a layer of plywood. Then a layer of pvc roof membrane on top of that. Like pond liner but white. That's the white you see on the floor & walls in the existing part of the room. Super east clean up. Not that I do much cleaning.

Foreman000

The alien is fillin up nicely, looks beautiful for a first run with coco. You could clone directly in coco and say screw the machine like I did. Its way easier and all ya need is humidty/heat/300ppmnutes.

I might hold up on the Jack's on my moms only because I really dig the growth I've been getting and don't wanna mess anything up. I ordered it but might wait till I setup another room.

DJM has some insane info in that coco trees thread. Especially about watering 6x a day & high temps/rh. I'm about to start doing similar in my rooms and try not to let my buds ever go below 60%rh.

What's up WT. I might just try throwing a couple clones in coco in the next couple of days here. I don't think all mine are gonna make it. :frown:
Thanks for the compliment. Guess I'll go check out what this DJM has going on. Peace.

Foreman000

Hello IC. Hope everything is good in your world. If you live in Mi. I hope you had a snowblower for yesterday's pounding. I got 14" in my front yard & a 3' drift of snow in front of my garage door. It was fucking awesome last night! Me & a buddy rode our sleds down main roads for about 3 hours. Crazy fun. I've been waiting on a snow like this for years. Anyway on with the show.

Looks like at least 8 of my clones will make it. I took a cutting of one in veg dipped it in clonex stuc it in coco. See what happens with that.

Also my promix AOG is starting to swell up a little. So far so good. Day 45

Anybody know how I can make my pictures appear bigger on my posts. Thanks for stopping in :tiphat:

Foreman000

And this is day 23. This is my 1st coco run and for me she's boomin. Starting to get a feel for tying her up & spreading her out. Sexy bitch!
I'm going to have a lot better luck with filling up the screen with this one.

And this is my second coco run day 13. This is going to be a monster in my eyes. Definitely the biggest plant I've grown of this strain. I can see how much better this style of grow is going to be with some nice tall plants & stacked lights kickin. I need to quit playing & get to work in there. Maybe tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts